New pictures of MAJESTIC PRINCESS

dmwnc1959

No, not quite yet;), just stumbled across those pictures and thought I'd post them.

Surprised no one has responded to Post #37.

:cool:

I was looking at Majestic for next year in the med, but I will wait until Princess confirm/deny deployment play before booking, although May is a great time to cruise the Med if you dont like it too hot.

Recently in port along side NCL (Graffiti Ship) saying - why turn an absolutely a beautifully clean beaming white ship hull into an ugly classless look - not good. Shocked to see Majestic design - IMO not good!!

Thanks Dave for sharing and for the yes or no question about the paint at the bow. For me it's yes but would of like it even better if they would of close both side together as of now it looks like a men suite and shirt with a gold button in the middle :-)

Sea ya

Eric

This is exactly what I thought when I saw it from the front, definitely looks like a jacket and shirt!!

I really wish Princess hadn't felt the need to paint the bow of their ships but I don't think it looks too bad.

Thanks for sharing the pics Dave [emoji2]

Another NO vote for this paint scheme. It is way to large and gawky (like NCL). The head-on view looks like a bunch of squiggly lines. You cannot identify what it is unless you look at one side or the other. Even then it takes a moment to make out that it is the Sea Witch.

This is rather disturbing for anyone booked or looking to book Majestic Princess for the Med in 2017 - read this, posted today in an Italian cruise forum:

"Initially programd the summer season 2017 in the Mediterranean, now the Majestic Princess will remain here only in the month of April and May. From May onwards will be transferred in China, the market for which it was designed.

It is not yet certain that the transfer will take place with or without passengers: more particularly, if the second case, it is not said that the journey to be reservable for us in the west (and which therefore is already reserved for the clientele mandarina)."

Any word from Princess Cruises about Majestic Princess going straight from the shipyard to China?

:eek:

Dave, This really isn't news. When the Majestic cruises went on sale in early December they were only selling an initial 5 day cruise followed by six 7 day cruises in the Med. It was already planned at that time that she would be sailing in China by July. We are booked B2B on two cruises from 04/16 to 04/30.

Dave, This really isn't news. When the Majestic cruises went on sale in early December they were only selling an initial 5 day cruise followed by six 7 day cruises in the Med. It was already planned at that time that she would be sailing in China by July. We are booked B2B on two cruises from 04/16 to 04/30.

Thanks, Brian. Well then that's a relief to me, guess I read (interpreted) the post wrong! :o:o:o

That'll be my cue to exit, stage left. ;)

:D

Another NO vote for this paint scheme. It is way to large and gawky (like NCL). The head-on view looks like a bunch of squiggly lines. You cannot identify what it is unless you look at one side or the other. Even then it takes a moment to make out that it is the Sea Witch.

Yes, you are right, now I see the sea witch. Even up to a year ago, I thought the Princess logo was a whale until I focused in on the woman's face. I think the way it looks now it appears to be a monster with its mouth open.

Yes, you are right, now I see the sea witch. Even up to a year ago, I thought the Princess logo was a whale until I focused in on the woman's face. I think the way it looks now it appears to be a monster with its mouth open.

ROFL. I always thought it was the Starbucks Lady [emoji854][emoji15]

Guest arowe6
Somehow, just somehow, I just KNEW you would like it...;)

:D

Own it. You're got this. I'm ready for another all-inclusive Dave thread. And based on other CC posts, I'm not the only one. <3

Off to the Regal tomorrow. Wish us luck. Booked an aft uncovered cabin. Brad is worried about getting "sooted" on. Im just excited to "come back new." Or something like that.

-a

Dave, Please don't let me drive you away.

No worries, Brian - someone else already did that along time ago ;)

As for comparing the Majestic Princess hull art to that of NCL it's not quite apples and oranges, but close...

Norwegian Cruise Line is all about having fun, with an eclectic design/decor, sort of like Carnival Cruise Line but more refined (is that the word I'm looking for?). NCL is all about 'freedom' to choose - 'Freestyle' so to speak - and letting your hair down, the atmosphere being chic, and having a contemporary, modern feel about it.

Princess Cruises, however, is all about elegance, sophistication, and relaxation, being refined and having style and class without being so upscale it scares people off. Princess Cruises has a decorum about it that exudes refinement.

As "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", the hull art on NCL - and it is 'art' whether you like it or not - mirrors the cruise line's direction and its clientele's attitudes and expectations, whereas the new hull art on Majestic Princess, along with the giant PRINCESS CRUISES painted on the side of the hull aft, is nothing more than a floating advertisement. It says nothing other than 'here is our logo just in case you didn't see it on the smokestack'. Even the new hull art on P&O Cruises is better than what Princess Cruises has decided on. I'm not saying it's horrible, but as others have said I don't see the need for it.

But as a thousand voices won't sway Princess Cruises to change their mind, at least they chosen something that's distinct and in-line with the history of the cruise line: a Seawitch. Whatever that means. I'm just glad they didn't paint "Come back new" all over the hull! :eek:

:cool:

But as a thousand voices won't sway Princess Cruises to change their mind, at least they chosen something that's distinct and in-line with the history of the cruise line: a Seawitch. Whatever that means. I'm just glad they didn't paint "Come back new" all over the hull! :eek::cool:

Hi Dave,

One could only hope that a thousand (or more) voices would sway them to change their minds about adding the Seawitch logo on the bow to the rest of the fleet. It seemed to have worked when they abandoned their plans for the destruction, oops, I mean the reconstruction of the Coral Princess after what seemed to be an extreme amount of feedback and criticism following the Island Princess drydock with the removal of the Vista Lounge and the addition of cabins in its place.

Just saying.

It's good to have you back again.:)

Joe

Edited by cruisingpeople

• 4 weeks later...