Getting into shows on Oasis without reservations?

I was pretty shocked to log into our Cruise Planner today in order to start booking our nightly activities for our cruise that is a MONTH away, only to see that many activities are already fully booked. The Stand Up Comedy show in particular has NO availability throughout the entire cruise.

This makes me worried. Will we not be able to get in to see the comedy show at all now? Or would we just need to arrive to the theater 30 minutes early or something like that to get seats?

You should be able to see the shows in the main theater and aquatheater by getting there early and using the standby line. They will allow folks in the standby line to enter the venue about 10 minutes before the show.

The comedy show will be the most difficult. I'd get there as early as possible, but you still might not get in because it is a small venue. Choose any performance, because they are all the same two comedians doing largely the same material.

Keep an eye on the Cruise Compass. There is usually a comedian that does a family friendly show one night in the main theater. This is first come, first served, no reservations.

Edited by clarea

I was pretty shocked to log into our Cruise Planner today in order to start booking our nightly activities for our cruise that is a MONTH away, only to see that many activities are already fully booked. The Stand Up Comedy show in particular has NO availability throughout the entire cruise.

This makes me worried. Will we not be able to get in to see the comedy show at all now? Or would we just need to arrive to the theater 30 minutes early or something like that to get seats?

you should still be able to book the shows that you can't reserve now. Just go to studio B asap when you board. Have booking numbers for everyone to reserve

you should still be able to book the shows that you can't reserve now. Just go to studio B asap when you board. Have booking numbers for everyone to reserve

Excellent point.

I recently read that they may be set up elsewhere, so if there's no one at Studio B, check with Guest Services.

When we went to comedy show this past summer on Oasis there were 2 lines .

One line was for those with reservations and another for those who didn't.

They had a person there taking names for non reservations so make sure you locate that person and get on the list. Many of those wait listed got in to see the show.

Edited by Tony O

For the Comedy Club you might have better luck in the stand by line towards the end of the cruise. We had reservations for the second to last night of the cruise. We were talking to a couple of people in the stand by line and they said they weren't able to get in using stand by in the earlier part of the cruise. All of the people got in from the stand by line and there were still empty seats! So don't give up if you can't get in earlier in the week.

It varied. The first time they set up down by the Champagne bar and another time we saw it further down closer to the excursion kiosk.

OK, guess we will just have to tell people to look around the Royal Promenade.

Guest services didn't know either. We asked and they just vaguely pointed to the promenade and said "somewhere on the promenade":rolleyes:

They must be getting the Guest Services people directly from the corporate customer service phone group now.

For the Comedy Club you might have better luck in the stand by line towards the end of the cruise. We had reservations for the second to last night of the cruise. We were talking to a couple of people in the stand by line and they said they weren't able to get in using stand by in the earlier part of the cruise. All of the people got in from the stand by line and there were still empty seats! So don't give up if you can't get in earlier in the week.

About 10 people got in from a standby line of about 40 on the second day of our cruise. I am guessing you are right about the standby line being better later in the cruise.

A weird thing happened during our comedy show. A woman came in early without her husband and was trying to save a seat on the front row for him. He did not make it by the time they started letting in the standby line, so another person (who looked just like comedian Hannibal Burress) was seated beside her. About 10 minutes into the opening comedian's act, he was bombing. Only polite and nervous laughter. The husband finally wandered in, drunk, and staggered up to about 5 feet in front of the comedian on the stage. :eek: He looked around a bit and finally located his wife. Hannibal Burress politely gave up his seat and the drunk guy settled in.

Thereafter, the comedian ripped and riffed on the drunk and was hilarious. We were wondering whether the entire thing was planned; the turnaround by the comedian was that amazing.;)

I am not able to book my shows yet, our cruise is July 30th. They are not available yet, MY question is when you make your reservations do you also get to select sets?

Yes, you will be able to select the exact date and time (assuming availability) for your shows.

I am not able to book my shows yet, our cruise is July 30th. They are not available yet, MY question is when you make your reservations do you also get to select sets?

No, the reservations are for admission to the venue. You find and plop down in the empty seats of your choice.

We are on that cruise also. Have been going on daily to see if they have come out.