Why Does Cruise TV Advertising Downunder Suck?

The P&O ads are a joke. Does anyone really like these ads?? :confused:

Carnival's is not much better. As I've not yet had the pleasure I'm guessing it doesn't really do Spirit justice. The aerial shot at the end doesn't even look real? :rolleyes:

The Princess ad I've seen isn't too bad, shows aerial shots of Diamond in the Sounds.

And haven't seen a Royal ad at all (except if you count the 2 one hour long TV specials they did on Voyager and Explorer ;) ).

It's really only ads for P&O and RC here in Brisbane. I've never seen a single ad for Celebrity - not too many non cruisers have ever heard of Celebrity. (When I told my sister I was going on Celebrity, she asked me which celebrities are going to be on my ship....)

In the country we don't see many cruise ads either, although half of town seemed to be away on one at some time or other last season (me too!).

If you got some of the farming adverts, with lice, worms and other interesting subjects, you might find the cruise ads less annoying! ;)

Ads?

I just avoid commercial TV. It does make for some strange conversations. Recently at a Food Fair someone was telling me about something that was used by Master Chef. I said I have no idea who that is? They looked at me with shock. Apparently it's some sort of cooking competition where they get to humiliate the contestants. I did hear a couple of the hosts on the Radio and they seemed quite up themselves and showed quite a degree of ignorance.

I digress - I miss the Ads and inane content - Win Win.

Edited by Cabansail

The P&O ads are a joke. Does anyone really like these ads?

Short answer NO, they do not inspire me to book and are a dismal failure.

I must watch too much free to air and pay tv as cruising ads do pop up from time to time, I cringe when I see those cruiseling ads and tend to throw stubby's at the TV but I was breaking too many TV's so the missus made me install a wire cage around the TV and now the stubby's bounce off. :D

Edited by 6666oz

In Melbourne we have had recent adds by Royal Carribean, Celebrity, Princess and P&O. Our current cruise season is over until October so I guess there isn't to much advertising going on. I was very surprised to see advertising for Celebrity and Royal Carribean as we don't usually get adverts for those lines. Princess has one on showing the Fiords NZ. We have cruise berthing information for Port Melbourne showing for 2018/19 season which is updated every now and then when further ships are added to the list.

My fave..

especially the start and the same bloke at 1 minute 21 seconds mark! :eek: :D

Cheers r :cool:

Hahahaha that's a good one. Haven't seen that before.

It's the perfect "differentiator" approach.

Hahahaha that's a good one. Haven't seen that before.

It's the perfect "differentiator" approach.

G'day Hazy

Always gives me a laugh, that one. :D

I love the lines when the hotdog seller says "the cart is registered in the USA." and "the price does have a little asterisk, I thought you would have picked it!"

Sums the Cruise line companies up to a T. in two little references.

When done well with humourous clever writing it is entertaining but they are few and far between examples of Diamonds & Pearls, I'm afraid.

Cheers mate,

r

:cool: