Riviera Review with lots of photos and menus

MVPinBoynton

MVP, Thank you for writing such a positive and comprehensive review of our cruise on the Riviera. Like you and Carol, we enjoyed our time on board and met some amazing people! We can't wait to cruise on the Regatta in October and the Riviera in January. Happy cruising! Evelyn, Lake Worth Fl.

Thank you so much. The passengers on Oceania are the best. They make the experience that much better.

We've done many Oceania cruises and this is the best review I have read. I really appreciated the work you put into posting this review!

Thanks. I hope you look at some of the other ones too. Last year's China/Japan cruise was really amazing.

Thank you for the excellent review. We are booked on Riviera the end of July for the Venice to Barcelona cruise. This is our third cruise on Oceania, but first on the Riviera. Frankly, the recent publicity re the Noro virus has been disconcerting. Having read your review, it is clear that it is possible to have a wonderful experience, assuming you aren't a victim of the virus. I suspect your marvelous and positive attitude is responsible for your enjoyable cruise.

Thank you for the excellent review. We are booked on Riviera the end of July for the Venice to Barcelona cruise. This is our third cruise on Oceania, but first on the Riviera. Frankly, the recent publicity re the Noro virus has been disconcerting. Having read your review, it is clear that it is possible to have a wonderful experience, assuming you aren't a victim of the virus. I suspect your marvelous and positive attitude is responsible for your enjoyable cruise.

You are most welcome. I am sure that you will thoroughly enjoy the Riviera. I think a positive attitude makes most things in life more enjoyable.:)

Thanks. I hope you look at some of the other ones too. Last year's China/Japan cruise was really amazing.

Thanks Mike for a great review. I keep going back everytime I'm going on a cruise for a refresher course:D

I was looking through your pictures of the Waves Grill on Riviera and couldn't find what I was looking for. There is a large table near the end of Waves Grill just before the pool. Every picture that I can find doesn't show that area. Would you happen to have a picture of it in your collection?

I want to direct people there for a meet and greet on embarcation day after the Muster. We are too port intensive to have one at Horizons during the day.

Catherine

Thanks Mike for a great review. I keep going back everytime I'm going on a cruise for a refresher course:D

I was looking through your pictures of the Waves Grill on Riviera and couldn't find what I was looking for. There is a large table near the end of Waves Grill just before the pool. Every picture that I can find doesn't show that area. Would you happen to have a picture of it in your collection?

I want to direct people there for a meet and greet on embarcation day after the Muster. We are too port intensive to have one at Horizons during the day.

Catherine

I found this pic that might be what you are looking for. I normally don't upload pics directly to CC; but since it wasn't on my website, I thought that I would try. Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

847968976_Wavestable_8485ared.jpg.fb3998edadf3d101d3070478cd939c42.jpg

I found this pic that might be what you are looking for. I normally don't upload pics directly to CC; but since it wasn't on my website, I thought that I would try. Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

[ATTACH]382946[/ATTACH]

Thanks Mike. That was what I was looking for although I could have sworn the table was closer to window by water.

Thanks Mike. That was what I was looking for although I could have sworn the table was closer to window by water.

Since that photo was taken in Dec 2014, it could have been moved.

Edited by MVPinBoynton

• 2 weeks later...

Mike;

Kudos to you and your camera! Your posts of the current bar prices have convinced me that the Prestige Package for our upcoming Baltic cruise on Marina is the only way to go.

Noticed that the Mussels starter in Jacques did not appear on the menu. Is that true?

I second all who have commented on your posts as being so very useful to gain an understanding on ship venues and menus. Mahalo.

Mike;

Kudos to you and your camera! Your posts of the current bar prices have convinced me that the Prestige Package for our upcoming Baltic cruise on Marina is the only way to go.

Noticed that the Mussels starter in Jacques did not appear on the menu. Is that true?

I second all who have commented on your posts as being so very useful to gain an understanding on ship venues and menus. Mahalo.

Thank you so much. I am glad the review helped in your cruise planning. If the mussels aren't on the menus, they weren't a regular item. We did eat their twice and I don't remember it being a special item either. They did have mussels in the GDR on day 3, which I got a photo of in the review.

Catherine

I'm not sure that's a very good spot for a M & G, it's right in a walkway, not very close to bar service. I'd opt for the area right above the the Waves Bar, which is rarely used, but still has good views.

I'm not sure that's a very good spot for a M & G, it's right in a walkway, not very close to bar service. I'd opt for the area right above the the Waves Bar, which is rarely used, but still has good views.

Hi Orv,

Waves Grill wouldn't be my normal choice but it will have closed for meal service at that time and there are a lot of first timers on this cruise I think there is a greater chance of the newbies finding that area rather than directing them to the upper level. I posted Mike's picture on the Roll Call.

When I booked this late in the game, there had been several posters asking who was doing the Meet and Greet but no one seemed to want to do it so I volunteered - can't help myself:D I'll tell them to BYOB:D

Most will be going to dinner shortly after so thought this would at least give people a chance to see others who posted on Roll Call.