What is the best way to get from Miami airport to cruise terminal?

My DH and I are going to sail out of Miami for the first time and we are looking for the best way to get from Airport to the Port and we were thinking of making a stop at a nearby Walmart or drug store to pick up suntan and other various things we cannot put in our carry-on luggage.

Any suggestions?

Thank you:confused:

My DH and I are going to sail out of Miami for the first time and we are looking for the best way to get from Airport to the Port and we were thinking of making a stop at a nearby Walmart or drug store to pick up suntan and other various things we cannot put in our carry-on luggage.

Any suggestions?

Thank you:confused:

Taxi.

If there is any way to avoid it, do not fly to Miami on the day of the cruise; fly in the day before and spend the night at a hotel. If you fly in the morning before your cruise, you take a big risk of missing the cruise due to weather. We get a lot of thunderstorms in southern Florida. Outside of the peak winter season (which is over), there are a lot of reasonably priced places to stay in Miami.

If there is any way to avoid it, do not fly to Miami on the day of the cruise; fly in the day before and spend the night at a hotel. If you fly in the morning before your cruise, you take a big risk of missing the cruise due to weather. We get a lot of thunderstorms in southern Florida. Outside of the peak winter season (which is over), there are a lot of reasonably priced places to stay in Miami.

If you do arrive the day before the following hotel pick up from miami airport and will drop you at the port the following morning, included in the price. Not the best hotel I've every stayed in but adequate for 1 night!

Seem to remember the price of the hotel was marginally more than a 1 way cab ride from the airport to the port.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/miami-airport-east.en-gb.html?aid=376362;label=bdot-FFLif46TMRk_WbsUP03qvwS82486929082%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atiaud-146342137270%3Akwd-334108349%3Alp9045708%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm;sid=e75bdc24fc73d37e2045bd98052eec02;dcid=1;dest_id=20023181;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=2;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;srfid=b3f0fb08e4f756f2e9038cc6ea3c2e7305c4cc39X1;type=total;ucfs=1&

P.s. looks to have been updated since we were there!

This thread reminded me, the answer is definitely not the official Royal Caribbean transfer. At least from Miami. My first cruise it took 3 hours from airport touchdown to arriving at the ship. Lots of people I saw get into cabs looked happily intoxicated by the time I got on board.

Thank you...I was thinking taxi...we are flying in with a 9:30 am arrival day of the cruise. I am a native Floridian and usually early morning is before the storms brew. Besides it would not dare rain the day of my cruise, right :p I am being very optimistic here.

Thank you...I was thinking taxi...we are flying in with a 9:30 am arrival day of the cruise. I am a native Floridian and usually early morning is before the storms brew. Besides it would not dare rain the day of my cruise, right :p I am being very optimistic here.

If Uber is available at the Miami airport (I have no idea whether it is or not), and since you want to make a stop, I would use Uber instead of a taxi.

You say optimistic. I say foolish. Fly in the day before. Especially to MIA.