Can I Make this flight?

Seawitch

Need help. Cruising on Breakaway and the ship is scheduled to dock in Manhattan port at 8:45am on 10/16, a Sunday. There is a direct flight home that we could take out of JFK at 1:07pm. We are not able to use self assist debark and were wondering if this flight would be doable for us?

Next flight is 3:55pm. What would you do? BTY, I have the worry wart type of personality.

Edited by Seawitch

Take the late flight. The last thing you need after a nice vacation is to immediately wipe out the relaxing effect by taking on traffic and airport stress from the second you step off the boat - and probably even sooner.

It's less than three hours' difference. Relax. Linger on the ship. Have a nice lunch at the airport and a glass of wine and think back on your cruise and smile. That's a much better ending.

Need help. Cruising on Breakaway and the ship is scheduled to dock in Manhattan port at 8:45am on 10/16, a Sunday. There is a direct flight home that we could take out of JFK at 1:07pm. We are not able to use self assist debark and were wondering if this flight would be doable for us?

Next flight is 3:55pm. What would you do? BTY, I have the worry wart type of personality.

Since you state in your question that you can not do self debarkation the answer is no.

You may end up stuck in line until 9:30 or 10:00 am....rare but it happens.

Kennedy is no where near the port and you really should be at the airport by 11:00 a.m. 11:30 if you are pushing it.

There are days that it takes an hour to get across Manhattan to the midtown tunnel...... It can take an hour to get there...or it can take three.......and I'm being 100% serious.

This is one of those questions that ... if you think it then the answer has to be "no" ! You don't need help deciding. You know the answer.

When we were on the BA in February, there was a delay in them letting people off. We had a late train and had planned on waiting until the last groups anyway. We hung out in the buffet area, which was nearly deserted and had a super stress free departure.

Thanks for the input. Going with the later flight! That's what my heart was telling me to do in the first place but the affirmation from all the good folks on these boards certainly capped off my decision.

If you have to ask if you can make a flight, you probably can't.

I had the same thought. There are so many similar threads on these boards, and the answers are typically: no, or "if the stars align perfectly," or "I hope you have trip insurance." Sometimes an OP gets told it's do-able, but usually, if a person has enough concern to start a thread about it, the flight time will generate too much worry to make it worth booking.

OP: have a great trip!

Short answer - no need to read the details below - "no" & please book 4 PM flight. Traffic to/from JFK is always a pain - even on a typical weekend, regardless of how quickly you can disembark the ship.

This BA review is one of the several that mentioned the disembarkation "disaster" that is no secret to some of us - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2341421

Going from landside to airside inside JFK's terminal - that's another "fun" encounter even with Pre-Check.