Where to present voucher and book reservation at a Specialty restaurant on Oasis

Hi there.

My cruise is coming up soon and almost forgot, but our Travel agent had given my girlfriend and I a Voucher from RCI for a free meal for two at a Specialty restaurant. It says that it's only available during port Days.

The questions I have are:

If we have limited times to redeem the voucher and if we want to stand a chance on getting a reservation, do we look into this as soon as we board the ship? I am not permitted to book online beforehand unfortunately.

Where do we go to present the voucher and make reservations? Restaurant? (in our case Chops?) or Guest Services?

Will this voucher be good for use after the ship has departed the port/into the Port day evening?

In the case of Chops: Are we allowed as many apps/starters, sides as we wish and one entree?

If someone could chime in regarding a free Spa treatment voucher as well that would be appreciated.

Again do we first present voucher/reserve at the Spa or guest Services?

Thank-you very much.

Visit the specialty restaurant as soon as you board. Present the voucher there.

At Chops, you can have multiple appetizers and one entree. Extra entrees or premium entress are extra.

Same with spa, visit and present voucher as soon as you can.

Edited by clarea

Hi there.

My cruise is coming up soon and almost forgot, but our Travel agent had given my girlfriend and I a Voucher from RCI for a free meal for two at a Specialty restaurant. It says that it's only available during port Days.

If we have limited times to redeem the voucher and if we want to stand a chance on getting a reservation, do we look into this as soon as we board the ship? I am not permitted to book online beforehand unfortunately.

Where do we go to present the voucher and make reservations? Restaurant? (in our case Chops?) or Guest Services?

Will this voucher be good for use after the ship has departed the port/into the Port day evening?

In the case of Chops: Are we allowed as many apps/starters, sides as we wish and one entree?

If someone could chime in regarding a free Spa treatment voucher as well that would be appreciated.

Thank-you very much.

Is there a $ limit on your voucher. In my case, my TA set a $70 limit for 2. As soon as we boarded went to Chops, but they did not have me on the list. Made reserves anyway. Went to GS and they had me on the list. Gave me a voucher that did not have a $ limit. Made out a bit better. This was on Oasis Feb. 6th cruise.

I'm just off the Oasis the 16th. We also had a TA voucher, but my TA never forwarded it. I went to guest services and they printed it for me. I made reservations at Chops Monday afternoon for dinner Tuesday evening 5:30 pm (a port day). We had as many starters as we wanted, but the entree was limited to one. Also the entree side dishes were unlimited, vegetables, potatoes, etc. Side note our group of 10 had lunch at Giovannis for $15 a person and we ate like kings and Queens. All food was unlimited, starters, entrees and desserts.

Thanks Roe821.

I was just curious if that $15 pp was a regular price for Giovani's restaurant for lunch?

Were you able to get into the restaurant easily? Was it busy?

I cannot find a menu for lunch online anywhere and was interested in what is available/served then.

Do you happen to know where one might be?

Sounds delicious and filling.

Thanks again.

Thanks Roe821.

I was just curious if that $15 pp was a regular price for Giovani's restaurant for lunch?

Were you able to get into the restaurant easily? Was it busy?

I cannot find a menu for lunch online anywhere and was interested in what is available/served then.

Do you happen to know where one might be?

Sounds delicious and filling.

Thanks again.

Check on the cruise line website.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

First two pages are lunch, second two pages are dinner.

Hi there.

Thank-you very much.

Go to the restaurant when you board.

I was just curious if that $15 pp was a regular price for Giovani's restaurant for lunch?...

It's either $15 or $20 for lunch. I seem to recall someone saying the price had gone up.

Thanks for the info, everyone. Sounds like the same deal we have from the TA we used. I was planning coming here to ask the same questions, so thanks, OP, for beating me to it. I do not have an actual voucher, but have printed out the list of benefits we recieved from the TA. I sure wish this stuff would show up somewhere in My Cruises, or somewhere in the info pertaining to my reservation so it would be easier to keep track of.

Thanks for the info, everyone. Sounds like the same deal we have from the TA we used. I was planning coming here to ask the same questions, so thanks, OP, for beating me to it. I do not have an actual voucher, but have printed out the list of benefits we recieved from the TA. I sure wish this stuff would show up somewhere in My Cruises, or somewhere in the info pertaining to my reservation so it would be easier to keep track of.

For us, the voucher did not show up on any Royal website or document pre-cruise. However, our names were on a list that the specialty restaurant had.

I don't have a copy of the menu but I know that the dinner had 2 or 3 more entrees then lunch. We went for lunch at 1pm and there was a couple having lunch besides our table of 10. We were there for @ 2 1/2 hours. Service was great and the food was delicious. Enjoy!

For us, the voucher did not show up on any Royal website or document pre-cruise. However, our names were on a list that the specialty restaurant had.

Thanks, Bob.The only place it shows up for me is the reservation confirmation, so I will have that just in case..... That way we probably won't need it. :D

Thanks, Bob.The only place it shows up for me is the reservation confirmation, so I will have that just in case..... That way we probably won't need it. :D

We did receive a "free specialty restaurant" flyer from our TA, maybe you can ask your TA for something like that?

Edited by clarea

The on line TA who gives us vouchers for a free meal for two used to email a certificate indicating a dinner but has not done so for several years now. It is now supposed to be in the ship's computer, I always take a copy of our original contract showing the perks just in case there are any problems. So far, have not had to use it!:)

I always just call the restaurant to make a reservation when we decide what day we want to go and I mention we have the voucher. Usually, the person on the phone tells me she/he sees us on their list. A few times, they have asked me if we are using our voucher before I can say anything. :D

It has worked the same way for the spa, too.

Sherri:)