Equinox - Silk Harvest

Patsy Flower

Apologies I posted this in the Bistro 5 thread in error.

We are on the Equinox shortly and are very interested in trying Silk Harvest.

I cannot see an option to pre-book a table online in my cruise planner.

Does this have to be booked onboard?

Also, is it worth a visit.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Apologies I posted this in the Bistro 5 thread in error.

We are on the Equinox shortly and are very interested in trying Silk Harvest.

I cannot see an option to pre-book a table online in my cruise planner.

Does this have to be booked onboard?

Also, is it worth a visit.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am pretty sure X only release so many time slots for booking online

Silk Harvest is probably the least favourite for booking out, Le Bistro and Tuscan Grille will be much more popular. Le Bistro it can be difficult to book if you want a specific time and date.

Silk Harvest - No problem booking when you board - and personally - YES - would for sure go again. I think we went twice on our Equinox TA 14 night cruise - We were in Blu so passed it to get to BLU - it was never full - We thought it was terrific.

We also enjoyed Silk Harvest on Equinox, we preferred some of the small plates to the large plates and as it is served 'family style' it is great to mix and match...

There is a banana and coconut ice cream desert, not to be missed!

As others have said not usually a problem booking on board.

Went to Silk Harvest on our recent March 4th cruise and enjoyed it very much. They can bring smaller plates of the large plates so you can try more things. We had gone to the restaurant the day we boarded but found staff only at Murano. However one of the staff( he may have been the maitre d at Silk) walked us over to the restaurant to show us tables and made the reservation for us. We did ask for a 20% discount which he readily gave us.

Enjoy.

Edited by vickykay

Silk Harvest will be new for us. Does anyone happen to have a menu they can post?

I just did a google search on "silk harvest" and pulled up silk harvest celebrity, and found a sample of the food they serve...was on the Equinox in November and what was listed was pretty accurate.

We enjoyed Silk Harvest the last time we were on Equinox and think it's been under rated, which is why it's easy to get a discounted cover charge when booking on board. They offered a lunch menu on one of the last sea days for I think $15.

just off equinox and dined in silk harvest. their small plates and main courses are very good. i especially loved the beef and chicken satay for starters.

when i boarded the ship, they were offering a special price to dine in all three specialty restaurants for $99. that's a great savings. however, i noticed usually everyday or almost everyday, the daily ship newspaper always offered a 20% or 30% discount to eat in silk harvest. its' great to eat family style there with friends and/or relatives.

• 9 months later...
Hi, quick question, has the menu changed at all with the inclusion of Sushi on 5 on board? Just wondering if they still offer the sushi at Silk Harvest.

No Sushi at Silk Harvest on Equinox this past December. None in the Oceanview Cafe either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

On our last Equinox trip in late 2016 we were told by a staff member that there are almost always open tables in Silk Harvest - the interest is typically low.

Staff were offering big discounts if you would book at least 2 specialty dinners with 1 of them in Silk Harvest. I seem to recall a conversation by the pool where someone was offering the group next to me dinners for $20 or $25 in Silk Harvest combined with another dinner.

I would wait and book once you are on the ship and seek a discount.