D1s on Anthem...all same size cabins?

I'm trying to pick a D1 on Anthem. Any suggestions? I've come across a few posts where people claim the cabin next door to theirs (both D1s) had a smaller balcony but a larger room. I was under the impression that all the cabins are the same size but that the balcony size differs in D1s. Can anyone clarify?

I can't speak to whether all D1 balconies are the same (they were for my family members) , but I know from having been in cabin SB7648 on both the Quantum and Anthem that it's balcony was much bigger balcony than the D1's that other members of my family were staying in.

Thank you! I'm looking at the same cabins possibly on deck 9 or 10...was there anything noisy in that area? Near any slamming crew doors? Did the stateroom attendant park his/her cart right by your cabin, since there's a "dip" in the hallway right beside it? I generally book in the back b/c I'm a noise freak, but I would love to try a D1.

I guarantee you that ALL "D" cabins on the Anthem are the same size. Only balcony size is different (hump) for a D1.

The cabins are pre-fabricated and shoved into place by giant cranes.

Thanks! That's exactly what I thought...I guess whoever posted that the D1 next to theirs had a larger cabins was just wrong.

Any suggestions on a D1? I'm looking for the quietest cabin possible. I stated in another post that I usually book at the end of the hallway, as I find those cabins relatively quiet. Need to avoid slamming crew doors and such!

We are in 7162 on ovation at the moment and I presume anthem is the same . No crew doors opposite or close - we are right beside the elevator lobby. So far very quiet but will let you know tomorrow if there are any problems overnight. Balcony is huge and has overhang which means sun and shade .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are in 7162 on ovation at the moment and I presume anthem is the same . No crew doors opposite or close - we are right beside the elevator lobby. So far very quiet but will let you know tomorrow if there are any problems overnight. Balcony is huge and has overhang which means sun and shade .

Thanks!! I'd appreciate that. If there is any way you could check out 7248/7260 I'd really appreciate it. Would prefer to be more aft!

Just got off Anthem and our friends had a hump balcony and their room was smaller than ours. They had a very boxy room with a chair instead of a couch. Ours was long and skinny but we had a couch and it seem to be roomer. They were on 7 we were on deck 13.

Just got off Anthem and our friends had a hump balcony and their room was smaller than ours. They had a very boxy room with a chair instead of a couch. Ours was long and skinny but we had a couch and it seem to be roomer. They were on 7 we were on deck 13.

Your friend had an E balcony which are quite different than the D category.

• 4 months later...
We are in 7162 on ovation at the moment and I presume anthem is the same .

Trixie,

Don't know if you'll see this, but we're in 7162 on the Anthem in February 2018 (still a way off). With all of the hub bub about staying on Deck 7 on Quantum ships I'm starting to get concerned about the life boats being right below this deck. I love the location of this cabin and that it has a larger deck. Did the life boats being right under you interfere at all?

Cindy

We were in 9648 and loved this cabin so quiet and convenient. When we were in port they did a life boat drill right under our cabin and we heard nothing the only way I found out was when I went out on our balcony.

The balcony was huge. We loved it.

Edited by vrock

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...