Elation out of Jax/ Scheduled times?

tony_g51181

So I just booked a 5 day out of Jacksonville on the Elation and have never been on her before so what can anyone tell me. I usually take the Fascination but I guess its moved......Also will they email me a scheduled time to board? How far out? Thanks

So I just booked a 5 day out of Jacksonville on the Elation and have never been on her before so what can anyone tell me. I usually take the Fascination but I guess its moved......Also will they email me a scheduled time to board? How far out? Thanks

Jacksonville does not have the staggered check-in at this time. If that changes, you will get an email and you will select a time online.

I am not a fan of the Elation. It has less upgrades then the Fascination and the Elaion is newer. The ship looks dated and the cabins are worn.

The Elation has not had WaterWorks added, which means that the main pool has a waterslide, and instead of the waterpark, there is a small pool near the stern on Deck 11. Other than that, she should feel pretty similar to the Fascination, all the Fantasy Class ships have the same basic layout. It was in dry dock several weeks before we cruised in 2014, but they didn't really add anything, and we were disappointed that the giant box was still in the corner of the cabin.

We went on her in March and the room we had did have a flatscreen.

She is an older ship and some parts were worn but overall I would say it's in pretty good shape.

Everything was very clean and in good working order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone comes back from the 5 day to HMC and Nassau, AND you have the time and patience, would you please post the new Fun Times? It would be extremely appreciated and I would praise you from the bottom of my heart.

(I meant to post this not as a reply but as a new post and I don't see where to delete it, so I guess I have to leave it.)

Edited by dianeneste
Meant to post this not as a reply but as a new post.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone comes back from the 5 day to HMC and Nassau, AND you have the time and patience, would you please post the new Fun Times? It would be extremely appreciated and I would praise you from the bottom of my heart.

(I meant to post this not as a reply but as a new post and I don't see where to delete it, so I guess I have to leave it.)

I would be interested as well, as I will be on The Elation for 10 days starting late November.

Thanks! Jodi

AHOY SHIPMATES.... Since your question was about boarding times I will try to answer ; Jax is one of the easiest ports to board and disembark cause there is only the ONE ship and the shore Staff is VERY GOOD. Priority can start checking in about 1000 and Boarding begins about 1130. Handicapped , then Wedding parties , then Priority and Suites, FTTF , and then regular passengers, about noon. It is usually a bit crowded then. By 1300 the crowd is all on the LIDO eating at the Mongolian WOK.

Rooms are usually ready at 1115 for priority and early categories and luggage is fairly early in afternoon for the the rest.

YES the ship is far from being NEW but it is clean. The STAFF is super nice and You should enjoy your cruise.

ANTIQUE SAILOR

Veteran cruiser