caught with rum runners

I wish our no tagged bag had been taken to a separate room. One of our bags had the tag ripped off last year, when it didn't show up at our room we went to guest services and were pointed to a pile of bags over by the excursion brochures and told to grab ours if we found it. Nothing missing thankfully but I was a little peeved they were just sitting around in the open for anybody to grab.

Just put of curiosity, how is this any different than you bags just sitting around a big room when you get of the ship? Anyone can ALWAYS grab one.

• 1 month later...
It's funny that i see this post today. We just got off of the Brilliance this morning. I purchased the Ultimate drink package as soon as boarding the ship as planned. My wife does not drink enough to justify buying the package but she insisted on bringing a 32 oz rum runner full of vodka for her. So she gets called down to deck 2 and they pull out the rum runner full of vodka and ask "what is this?" She responds that it is vodka and apologizes. He looks at it and walks about for about 30 seconds before coming back saying that he has never seen anything like that, hands it back to her, and says have a good day.

This funny thing is that she never even opened it and we brought it off of the ship full.

1st time ever hearing a story like that......you were lucky.

If they find your booze, and it's NOT in the original bottle, it will be thrown out. If it's in the original, sealed bottle, they will hold it till the end of your cruise and return it to you.

Why wouldn't you LOCK your bags that are not in your possession?????

I never put anything of value, even toiletries in my bag, only in my carry ons. If a luggage handler or cruise porter wants my underwear, they can have them. :D

I thought they were not professional, also why did it take 6 hours from the time a gave them my bags till be called and bag was unlocked they could have checked to see it was not a banned item. my main complaint was I wanted a name on who held my bag and nobody would give me a name. There should be a RCCL officer there and there was not, also they should carry the bag to your suite if its there fault, would not have compainled if it was my fault.

Geez. Think about how long it takes to get your luggage anyway. They have to look through thousands of bags so 6 hours is not a long time. They won't open an unlocked bag for liability purposes. Think of it this way. They open it and you claim to have had a diamond ring in there and now it's gone. They would have to pay you even though there was none in there. They probably have no idea who flagged your bag. It was x-rayed before it hit the ship and flagged at that time. I am surprised they let you keep the wine bottle opener as it can be used as a weapon.

how I get my rum runners on the ship I wash out a bottle of Listerine and I Put rum or vodka and put it with my toiletries. I haven't gotten caught been doing it for years.

So our first cruise, we read on the internet to buy a big bottle of Scope at Costco. Dumped it, rinsed it. Put vodka in and a little food color. Bonanza, it made it through. So cheap me, I go to the Lido deck (subtle hint on which cruise line we were on) and grab some fruit punch and bring it back to the room. Well, the mint flavor impregnates in the bottle. Red and green make brown. So we have this concoction of brown minty flavored vodka fruit punch. :eek:

Why we didn't just dump it right there I shall never know. Brought it back home. I get the bright idea to give it to the local transient who lived under the bridge but I insist we have to tell him what it is so he doesn't down the whole bottle at one time thinking it is weak alcohol-containing Scope. I'm gone to a conference and DH texts me saying he gave it to the transient. Did you tell him what it was? Nope, just put it on his shopping cart. 2 days later I'm home and reading the newspaper when I read the small article buried on the 2nd page. "TRANSIENT FOUND DEAD UNDER BRIDGE". OMG, we killed Marvin! :eek::eek: I insist we have to go find his shopping cart. Thank God, it was still on the top of his cart. Whew. Turns out it isn't him, it's my "boyfriend", Tony. But that is another story not appropriate for this forum! :D

(I would have edited my post above. I'm over 50 and can figure out how to do it)

We NEVER sneek booze on board, for several reasons.

- I don't go on vacation to wait on myself. I want someone to wait on me, make my bed, straighten my bathroom and yes, make me drinks. I make drinks at home not on vacation.

- Drink packages are inexpensive. 4-5 drinks per day pays for the daily price of the drink package, especially if you drink martini's, scotch or brandies.

- $12-$14 a cocktail is not unreasonable. On my last cruise I was paying $12.00 with tip for a Vodka Martini made with Grey Goose, my local hangout in my town charges the same price.

I like people making my drinks, it's nice to be waited on when I'm the one doing ALL the waiting on others at home. ;)

Edited by mftinvermont

(I would have edited my post above. I'm over 50 and can figure out how to do it)

We NEVER sneek booze on board, for several reasons.

- I don't go on vacation to wait on myself. I want someone to wait on me, make my bed, straighten my bathroom and yes, make me drinks. I make drinks at home not on vacation.

- Drink packages are inexpensive. 4-5 drinks per day pays for the daily price of the drink package, especially if you drink martini's, scotch or brandies.

- $12-$14 a cocktail is not unreasonable. On my last cruise I was paying $12.00 with tip for a Vodka Martini made with Grey Goose, my local hangout in my town charges the same price.

I like people making my drinks, it's nice to be waited on when I'm the one doing ALL the waiting on others at home. ;)

Regarding your bolded statements above, I have a feeling you are in the minority on this board.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

Here's an idea. Why don't you just pay for your drinks?

Elvis

Hitting the imaginary "like" button! I'm just amazed at the number of people that will spend thousands of dollars to take a cruise and then insist on smuggling a bottle of booze on board just to save a couple of bucks.

Hitting the imaginary "like" button! I'm just amazed at the number of people that will spend thousands of dollars to take a cruise and then insist on smuggling a bottle of booze on board just to save a couple of bucks.

I agree, spend a few thousand dollars on a cruise then complain about the price of a $12.00 cocktail.

Regarding your bolded statements above, I have a feeling you are in the minority on this board.

Dan

I'm sure, but I don't spend $2000. (and that's the LOW end) on a cruise and then complain about a $12.00 cocktail.

Edited by mftinvermont

• 6 months later...

I make "Apple Pie" with 190 proof Everclear. We like to have a party on a sea day and shots of apple pie are a wonderful thing to have while out on the Balcony.

RCCL or any cruise line has nothing as good as our homemade Apple Pie.

So we bring some with to share with our new cruise friends.

JoeRum

Yo have to go the naughty room - they will only open the bag in front of you because of liability, even if it's not locked.

This is not correct with regards to them searching your baggage. As stated in the ticket contract:

"In the interest of safety and security, Passengers and their baggage are subject to inspection or monitoring electronically, with or without the Passenger's consent or knowledge." Most other cruise lines' ticket contracts extend this to mean that cabins may be searched with or without the passengers present.

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum.... I'm 47 years old, and I don't drink alcohol at all. I choose not to, partially from watching the antics of people who had a little bit too much to drink.

I make "Apple Pie" with 190 proof Everclear. We like to have a party on a sea day and shots of apple pie are a wonderful thing to have while out on the Balcony.

RCCL or any cruise line has nothing as good as our homemade Apple Pie.

So we bring some with to share with our new cruise friends.

JoeRum

And we LOVE it!! ❤️

Jess [emoji41]

. It was the treatment of the security staff for doing their jobs that's the issue.

If you treat TSA in that manner in any airport guaranteed your flight will leave without you.

I completely agree. Though, if the cruise ships kicked off every yelling passenger- they would have a lot fewer passengers over all. Folks complain way too much about stuff. It's vacation people, roll with the punches a little.

I do want everyone to notice that George who thought security was unprofessional and was mad they didn't carry his bag back to the cabin.... DESERVED to be in the naughty room. He admits he was bringing on cognac but still had audacity to yell at security. Lol

George needs to go back to the jungle where he belongs. What an entitled jerk!!

I can't be bothered with rum runners and the like. I'm on holiday, last thing I want to do it start smuggling alcohol. I know it isn't cheap but it's factored into our holiday spends 🙂