Koningsdam Verandah Stateroom VE Schubert Deck 7 Pictures Overview

Alphen

Great photos! Thank you!

Lots of things to like: EXTRA outlets, and not recessed, so battery charging devices will fit ok; nice light in the safe; I like the glass shower door; I see they still have fruit baskets. Nice to have the outlet next to the bed, that's new! Good to hear that they still have at least one foot stool on the balcony.

Not sure about the lifevests being in the overhead cabinet, but they used to be in the closet top shelf so I'm trusting I could reach these.

I like the TV being opposite the bed and also easy to see from the couch. If it swivels out to angle toward the couch it might be easily bumped - not much room at the foot of the bed!

I also like the bright look and the light wood. Time will tell if I get to see these in person, maybe someday. m--

I do appreciate seeing these photos. Thank you.

Maybe it is just me, but the standard veranda staterooms on the Signature Class ships and now the Pinnacle Class ships just appear smaller and more cramped than what I have enjoyed on the Vista Class ships.

Thank you for the pictures. I will have the same type of cabin this December on the K-Dam. I like the fact that the shower has a door instead of those awful shower curtains but I will miss the small tubs that the outside cabins have on the other HAL ships. The cabin does look a bit smaller but should be OK for two people. It will be interesting to explore this new ship.

Maybe it is just me, but the standard veranda staterooms on the Signature Class ships and now the Pinnacle Class ships just appear smaller and more cramped than what I have enjoyed on the Vista Class ships.
If the deck plans are drawn to the same scale, then the cabin widths are the same. Ten side veranda cabins take the same space on K'dam, Nieuw A, and Noordam. I think the K'dam cabins appear narrower in pictures because there is no large mirror over the bed.

Thanks for the great pictures. My sister and I are booked in a VE cabin on this ship in September so it's nice to get a preview. It looks like there are a couple of hooks on the wall and I'm wondering if you can tell me whether or not the walls are magnetic. We always wish that there were more hooks and I'd like to bring along some magnetic ones if they will work - it looks like there is lots of space to add some more.

Thanks for the great pictures. My sister and I are booked in a VE cabin on this ship in September so it's nice to get a preview. It looks like there are a couple of hooks on the wall and I'm wondering if you can tell me whether or not the walls are magnetic. We always wish that there were more hooks and I'd like to bring along some maghnetic ones if they will work - it looks like there is lots of space to add some more.

There are two hooks on the wall that seperates the bathroom. We had magnets on both that wall and the one the bed is resting against, so these are tested and hold magnets. Did not test the other wall, but assume that one is also metal.

Are there drawers under the bed as well as space for luggage? I always utilize that space as they hold a lot! Thanks again for the pics showing OUR future home for 12 days!

Yes on both, although in some cases, you may find extra blankets in these drawers (not in our cabin) or spare clean bathrobes, stored ahead for future guests.

Edited by Alphen

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, be_a_cruiser said:

Thanks for the pictures. It is hard to believe that finally Holland America has usb ports!

This is an older post, since then, several ships have been upgraded with USB ports, to the best of my knowledge, even some of the Vista class!

4 hours ago, be_a_cruiser said:

Thanks for the pictures. It is hard to believe that finally Holland America has usb ports!

I was in MS Veendam in January 2019 and no USB ports on outlets there. Same in previous ships like MS Volendam. let alone the MS Prinsendam (in operations until July this year?)