General Questions & Medical ? & Insurance

Cruisegirl6

Would you believe I always get right off the ship and never ever had breakfast on any of my cruises, but I think this next cruise we will since I have somebody to pick up my pets on the day we disembark so there is no rushing the drive home to get them....questions:

What time is breakfast available till in the MDR and the buffet?

Is it true on the American Table menu one night they serve rabbit?

Has anybody ever asked for a greek salad and gotten it in the MDR without it ever being on the menu?

I broke my collarbone twice in my life (I am soon to be 53) the last time I chose not to put in plates just didn't want to get scar tissue, well it was a good call because the last time I broke it was 21 years ago, anyways, I been having problems with it and it sticks out a bit which is normal after breaking it twice, question......if my collarbone breaks I will go to the infirmary for a sling/brace for it, I did pay for the insurance, I assume it would cover my visit and the brace totally? For those of you who had to use the insurance (sorry), did it cover all the expenses of the infirmary or did you find you had copayments and such?

Can the ships medical doctor prescribe me pills for the pain?

Would you believe I always get right off the ship and never ever had breakfast on any of my cruises, but I think this next cruise we will since I have somebody to pick up my pets on the day we disembark so there is no rushing the drive home to get them....questions:

Has anybody ever asked for a greek salad and gotten it in the MDR without it ever being on the menu?

I broke my collarbone twice in my life (I am soon to be 53) the last time I chose not to put in plates just didn't want to get scar tissue, well it was a good call because the last time I broke it was 21 years ago, anyways, I been having problems with it and it sticks out a bit which is normal after breaking it twice, question......if my collarbone breaks I will go to the infirmary for a sling/brace for it, I did pay for the insurance, I assume it would cover my visit and the brace totally? For those of you who had to use the insurance (sorry), did it cover all the expenses of the infirmary or did you find you had copayments and such?

Can't answer the insurance questions. Yes, they do serve rabbit on American Table, I tried it on the Breeze. The MDR will be open but the times are dependent on what time the ship docks.

I would have to go back and look at the FunTimes I posted from my last cruise to see the breakfast times. I don't remember since we don't eat it either.

As far as insurance, you will have to look at your particular policy and if they would consider that a preexisting condition. Normally you pay out of pocket and the insurance reimburses you. But again, you need to call your insurance provider. Any info you get here is pure speculation.

Now how come I didn't think of that, although, did we ever get a fun times the last night I can't recall lol.

I always wanted to try rabbit guess I have my chance now.

I got the insurance through Carnival and its not pre-existing condition since its not broken and its in tact as we speak so far knock on wood lol....the only thing I would need should it break on the cruise is a sling which now I think its best I just buy one on amazon and bring it with me so I would only need something to help with the pain. :rolleyes:

Edited by lyndamr

Well, I do have lupus which effects the joints and the collarbone is bothering me and its difficult to distinguish exactly which it is.....I been getting pain in the clavicle joint lately and down my arm so perhaps its lupus but I rather have it be the clavicle bone at least thats the better thing to happen than another lupus flare up which I just got over with in december which lasted 7 months total time. But honestly, I think its the bone because when I lie on my side or lift something or move my arm I feel like its going to break and I never did get the plates for it as my doctor told me I should get....made the right decision 21 years later and no scar tissue so that was a good decision. :rolleyes:

It usually starts around 5:30-6:00 at the latest and goes until 9:00.

Yes.

If you don't get it the first night, they will have one every night thereafter if you ask them to. I ask for off menu items all the time.

You pay your bill with credit card and file a claim with the travel insurance.

I'm not sure how strong they will prescribe or how many. Safest to bring your own if you have some.

Yes, the ship's doctor can prescribe medication for you. For a cost.

Typically, even with insurance, you must pay up front for services/treatments. Then file for reimbursement from the insurance company upon return home.

lyndamr -- just make sure that you didn't have it x-rayed, examined, treated or any associated Prescription changed in the 60 days prior to your cruise, or it will be considered "pre-existing". Ken

Edited by Ken076

Loxly there really isn't anything odd about any type of question if you don't like my post then just skip over them.

Shmoo thanks a bunch!

Glendale cruiser thank you!

Essiesmom I get it now pay upfront and get reimbursed thanks!

Ken076- Thankyou, no I won't get it x rayed unless medically necessary been exposed to way too many X-rays and radiation tests last year.....my cruise is in 13 days and I also making sure that I not lift anything heavy ...... odd thing is that I don't recall having pain down my arm, have to google whether a weak collarbone gives pain down the arm. Thanks again.

I always take my anti inflammatories and muscle relaxers for my fibromyalgia and or lupus so I just take extras in case. I truly appreciate all the help you all given me, may all good things come to you.

Loxly there really isn't anything odd about any type of question if you don't like my post then just skip over them.

Shmoo thanks a bunch!

Glendale cruiser thank you!

Essiesmom I get it now pay upfront and get reimbursed thanks!

Ken076- Thankyou, no I won't get it x rayed unless medically necessary been exposed to way too many X-rays and radiation tests last year.....my cruise is in 13 days and I also making sure that I not lift anything heavy ...... odd thing is that I don't recall having pain down my arm, have to google whether a weak collarbone gives pain down the arm. Thanks again.

I always take my anti inflammatories and muscle relaxers for my fibromyalgia and or lupus so I just take extras in case. I truly appreciate all the help you all given me, may all good things come to you.

Please be careful. Pain radiating down your arm could be because of other severe health problems that have nothing to do with your collarbone. I would visit your doctor ASAP to be on the safe side. I would hate for you to be out to sea and have to be evacuated or worse yet left in a foreign country.

Hello Firemanbobswife:

Your correct, but if I were a healthy normal being I would definitely go get it looked at but having fibromyalgia, lupus, mixed connective tissue disease along with a dead thyroid and other medical ailments this isn't an emergency to me but I see it only as "add it to the list" lol....but your correct, for those reading here always see the doctor when something isn't right.

If something happens or it is the collarbone and it breaks, I will have a sling with me, just purchased one today on amazon. I have a very high tolerance to pain living with my current problems that I can deal with this, but I am not wondering if I have an acute rotator cuff tear....if it were on my left side I would go to the doctor thinking heart issues but its on the right side. Your most kind and great advice for those who are reading this.

I agree with firemanbobswife. Please don't assume that this pain has to do with your other health issues. Women of our age are equally prone to heart disease as men, so please be sure to run this by your doctor before your cruise. Getting quick treatment in the case of a heart issue is most important, and being out at sea is not the place in the case that arises.

Sorry I cant help with your other questions, but I was reading because Magic is my next ship after Splendor, and am currently reading every post related to it.

Also, precluding any heart issue, I suggest getting the sling before your cruise, take it along, and also any pain meds that you might or might not need.

Best wishes, and happy cruising.