If you miss the way RCI used to be, MSC may be for you

How were the drink prices on MSC?

MSC drink prices (in the Med, I haven't been in the Caribbean with them) were a lot more affordable than RCCL. Packages are a lot less expensive too. For a few quick examples:

Frozen drinks (daiquiris, pina colada)

MSC = €8 + 15% = €9.2 (about $10.50)

RCCL = $12 + 18% = $14.16.

Can Soda

MSC = €2.30 + 15% = $2.65

RCCL = $2.95 + 18% = $3.48

MSC also offers more drink options such as prepaid coupon books that can be shared by cabin-members and include the gratuity. MSC drink packages are cheaper too, although everyone in the cabin needs to buy them. Outside the Caribbean, MSC drink packages were under €30/person/day on board but that might have been a special.

About the drink prices. We did last summer med cruise with MSC Preziosa and we bought the allegrissimo drink package for 26€/day. It included all cocktails (also frozen) and even ship made gelato and speciality coffes. Not bad at all :)

I wonder if MSC would match ALL of my points, not just RC or Carnival, adding them up together.

Edit, should have read through their site a little better:

<<If a guest has benefit cards with multiple companies, he/she will have to choose which card to use to take part in the promotion.>>

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by AACJ

Bob,

do you know what proof you need to send to them of your status? would a screen shot of you CAS page do?

Thanks.

I tried doing the online app, but, don't know what happened. an agent suggested sending a email. what has everyone been attaching in the email. what is a CAS page ?

I tried doing the online app, but, don't know what happened. an agent suggested sending a email. what has everyone been attaching in the email. what is a CAS page ?

I just sent a screen shot from my phone of my cas page with the CAS number and made sure the diamond plus banner showed.

Crown and Anchor Society?

About the drink prices. We did last summer med cruise with MSC Preziosa and we bought the allegrissimo drink package for 26€/day. It included all cocktails (also frozen) and even ship made gelato and speciality coffes. Not bad at all :)

That was the price in the med for us too, but according to the MSC website, Caribbean packages are $44/day. Still cheaper than RCCL.

How long did it take MSC to process your request to match your RC status. I filled out the form on-line around April 20th, and I haven't heard back. I've received the "Welcome to MSC" e-mail and e-mails detailing sales and other promotions, but nothing about Voyagers Club. I couldn't find my C&A membership card, but I did include an e-mail from RC showing my name, C&A account number and Emerald status.

How long did it take MSC to process your request to match your RC status. I filled out the form on-line around April 20th, and I haven't heard back. I've received the "Welcome to MSC" e-mail and e-mails detailing sales and other promotions, but nothing about Voyagers Club. I couldn't find my C&A membership card, but I did include an e-mail from RC showing my name, C&A account number and Emerald status.

I got mine back in 2 days

I would call MSC. They had been having a problem with the web form losing the data entirely and people were calling and sending the info direct by email.

I would call MSC. They had been having a problem with the web form losing the data entirely and people were calling and sending the info direct by email.

I was playing around on their website last night, their website is worse than Royals. :eek::eek: I didn't think it was physically possible.

I was playing around on their website last night, their website is worse than Royals. :eek::eek: I didn't think it was physically possible.

That is difficult to imagine.

That is difficult to imagine.

Royal's website is better than Celebrity too, in my experience. MSC is atrocious. I couldn't even log in to look at shore excursions until after final payment. And I booked direct, not through a TA!

Oh and I wanted to add - it wasn't that shore excursions were broken, my login never worked! Even when my MSC vacation planner sent me a link and an account to use, it never worked until after final payment.