Thought I had things all sorted out....

windsurferfirst

Living in Ontario you like to have your winter broken up by some warm sunshine. I think most Ontarians plan their winters well ahead to give them something to look forward to. With this in mind the day after stepping off the Regal this February we sat down and planned our next winter break. My husband and I go to an Industry conference twice a year normally in April and October, they are normally grand affairs and held all over the world or the April one is, the October tends to be somewhere in the US. We normally plan to break up the months between January and April with a break in February when we just can't stand the cold/snow any longer. Other Ontarians will know where I am coming from. So with Careful planning around next years conference in Dubai April 23rd -28th we booked the Regal for 26th February 2017. We were in geneva last week to be told the conference dates have been moved to 5th March, this has never been done before. I started to look at other dates in February but then started to rethink the whole thing, should we go Christmas or New Year, should we try and tag something on to the end of Dubai.

Something that was so simple has now turned into a pain. I keep looking t alternatives but am now in danger of over thinking the whole thing

Feeling very unsettled, I like things sorted and in boxes so I know whats going on now I am totally unsettled.

Rant over....

Decisions, Decisions.

This is one we really can't help you with. There is no "right" answer. The choice is all yours. I don't know what ships are sailing in or out of Dubai when you will be there.

I know it has to be our choice, just sorry that our plans are messed up and wanted to vent little. :)

I would plan to do something around Dubai.

After all, it is easier to fly to FLL for a cruise as opposed to how often are you near Dubai?

Have you looked at Seychelles - not sure what the weather is like then but it looks beautiful there!

I know it has to be our choice, just sorry that our plans are messed up and wanted to vent little. :)

First world problems........:rolleyes:

BTW, just checked the weather for Dubai in March. Low 80,s (f) for highs, mid 60's (f) for lows. 9 hours of sun in the daytime. Sounds like a good possibility for a "sunshine break" from my perspective.

Edited by ar1950

I don't know how long your conference is but, if you are not married to Princess, there are some other lines that have cruises out of Dubai in March. The only one I can find for Princess isn't until March 20th.

Edited by cactusrose

Since Dubai is warm I would go some where else warm! right before Christmas... It's cold then so a break is nice(we are in Minnesota...so I feel your winter pain!) or right after Christmas... Then you have another warm break for the conference to look forward to!