Anthem Of The Seas Review w/ 112 photos & 17 videos!

Yes, it's a buffet. They have a wide variety of food. On a typical night, they might have:

Roast beef

Roast ham or roast pork

Meat loaf

Stir fry

Asian food

Pizza

Hamburgers

Hot Dogs

Two different soups

Two different seafood items

Vegetables

Several types of potatoes

Fruit and Salad bar

Pasta bar

Desert bar including real ice cream

All sorts of breads

An entire gluten-free section

and much more

One other thing I remember seeing on several nights was roast turkey.

If anyone else can recall a few items from the dinner buffet, please chime in.

I went twice for dinner. Once they had "French onion soup" . Just the broth with bread with melted cheese on the side. The addition of cheese from the cheese bar made it passable.

The other time steamed mussels were served. At lunch the next day cold mussels were served.

On the food topic. The pizza from Stefano's (I didn't try the buffet pizza) was ok but not as good as on Carnival.

We're staying in 10182, a few decks below where you were. I've read a few reviews that suggest that the cabins creak a lot and are noisy, not because of outside noise from public areas, but just because they sound like they could use a DW40 bath.

Did you experience the same?

We were in 9272, and thought the ship was noisier than any other we'd been on, but then, we had 3 teens across the hall who didn't know that you could actually "close" a door rather than just let it "slam shut"...LOL

Another innovation on this ship was the bar in the shower you could use to prop your foot while shaving....BRILLIANT!! For some reason, the shower felt larger.....maybe it was the clear door.

Barb

Another innovation on this ship was the bar in the shower you could use to prop your foot while shaving....BRILLIANT!! For some reason, the shower felt larger.....maybe it was the clear door.

Barb

Those bars are in the showers on Celebrity's beautiful S-class ships, the genetic predecessors of the Quantum class. :) (Clear shower doors on S-class as well.)

Edited by Turtles06

We're staying in 10182, a few decks below where you were. I've read a few reviews that suggest that the cabins creak a lot and are noisy, not because of outside noise from public areas, but just because they sound like they could use a DW40 bath.

It's definitely a "creaky" ship.

Those bars are in the showers on Celebrity's beautiful S-class ships, the genetic predecessors of the Quantum class. :) (Clear shower doors on S-class as well.)

All I can say is hallelujah!!! If I ever build a bathroom, that bar will be there!! I figured a man would never notice....LOL

Is the Virtual Orchestra thing just something randomly on the cruise compass that you show up for? It's not like the other shows where you need tickets right? Does it tend to be on multiple times during the cruise?

I believe times were listed in the compass, but there were never tickets needed.

It's definitely a "creaky" ship.

That's not good! Even the old ships aren't "creaky".

Is it certain cabins/cabin types/location on the ship?

Anyone find the cause/remedy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is the Virtual Orchestra thing just something randomly on the cruise compass that you show up for? It's not like the other shows where you need tickets right? Does it tend to be on multiple times during the cruise?

No reservations required for the Virtual Symphony performances... which just happen randomly throughout the cruise. Watch the Cruise Compass for it.

Look at all of those empty chairs by the pool!

The photo was taken at approximately 5:30 PM.

I've read a few reviews that suggest that the cabins creak a lot and are noisy, not because of outside noise from public areas, but just because they sound like they could use a DW40 bath.

Did you experience the same?

Thank you for reminding me! I forgot to mention that. We got SO LUCKY in our choice of cabin. When the ship was experiencing some rougher-than-normal seas, it was interesting to walk down the length of deck 12. No creaking noise in the general vicinity of our cabin, but there were definite areas where there was creaking for about 6 or 8 cabins in a row. Then you'd hit a quiet patch, and then there was another creaky section. It was interesting! I never checked any of the other decks besides 12, which was the one we were on. I was very happy that we were in a non-creaky section. We did a cruise on Carnival Miracle earlier this year and we had the world's creakiest cabin... which made it VERY difficult to sleep.

We stayed in 12686 & 12688, neither were creaky. Perhaps mild creaking the night we were in rough seas, but the other 9 nights we heard nothing at all. And we've certainly had much creakier cabins on Carnival & NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reservations required for the Virtual Symphony performances... which just happen randomly throughout the cruise. Watch the Cruise Compass for it.

The photo was taken at approximately 5:30 PM.

Thank you for reminding me! I forgot to mention that. We got SO LUCKY in our choice of cabin. When the ship was experiencing some rougher-than-normal seas, it was interesting to walk down the length of deck 12. No creaking noise in the general vicinity of our cabin, but there were definite areas where there was creaking for about 6 or 8 cabins in a row. Then you'd hit a quiet patch, and then there was another creaky section. It was interesting! I never checked any of the other decks besides 12, which was the one we were on. I was very happy that we were in a non-creaky section. We did a cruise on Carnival Miracle earlier this year and we had the world's creakiest cabin... which made it VERY difficult to sleep.

Thank you for the amazing review! I have my concerns but am really looking forward to our voyage in late June.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just a question what do the different classifications in the "D" balconies indicate -the numbers --this is my 2nd cruise -1st on royal --still learning :)

Category DO: Obstructed views

Category D8: Balcony cabins on decks 6, 7, & 8

Category D7: Balcony cabins on decks 9 & 10

Catebory D6: Balcony cabins on deck 11

Catebory D5: Balcony cabins on deck 12

Catebory D4: Balcony cabins on deck 13

Catebory D1: Balcony cabins on deck 6 & 7 with unusually large balconies

Generally, the cabins that are on higher decks are more desirable than the ones on lower decks... so the price for a D5 tends to be slightly higher than a D8, for example. D1 will usually be the most expensive and the first to book up... as they have larger balconies.

However, I would caution people about category D4. You have a public deck right above those cabins... which might tend to increase the amounts of noise coming from above.

We stayed in 12686 & 12688, neither were creaky. Perhaps mild creaking the night we were in rough seas, but the other 9 nights we heard nothing at all.

Yes... that's what I was saying... that the creaking was when the ship was in rough seas, not every day. And for some reason, the cabins in our particular area didn't creak at all, even when the ship hit rough seas. I walked down the hall and could hear creaking in certain sections of deck 12, but not in others. So, as a helpful note to anyone planning to book a cabin on deck 12, cabin 12182 and the other neighboring cabins within a few cabins of it did NOT seem to creak even when the ship hit rough seas... while others just down the hall did creak.

Hi Spaniel Lover,

Great review!

You omitted cabin D3 in your above category description. We have a D3 on our upcoming Anthem cruise. Do you have any information on these cabins?

Our cabin number is 7558.

Thanks,

Pat

Edited by loug1601

You omitted cabin D3 in your above category description. We have a D3 on our upcoming Anthem cruise. Do you have any information on these cabins?

Oh! I see that now. Sorry! Yes, I forgot about D2 and D3 in my list.

D2 and D3 cabins have a sofa that can be converted in to a bed. So, these are the cabins to look at if you want to have three people in your balcony cabin.

D2 cabins are located on the higher decks... decks 11, 12, and 13.

D3 cabins are on the lower decks 10, 9, 8, 7, & 6.

Category DO: Obstructed views

Category D8: Balcony cabins on decks 6, 7, & 8

Category D7: Balcony cabins on decks 9 & 10

Catebory D6: Balcony cabins on deck 11

Catebory D5: Balcony cabins on deck 12

Catebory D4: Balcony cabins on deck 13

Catebory D1: Balcony cabins on deck 6 & 7 with unusually large balconies

Generally, the cabins that are on higher decks are more desirable than the ones on lower decks... so the price for a D5 tends to be slightly higher than a D8, for example. D1 will usually be the most expensive and the first to book up... as they have larger balconies.

However, I would caution people about category D4. You have a public deck right above those cabins... which might tend to increase the amounts of noise coming from above.

Yes... that's what I was saying... that the creaking was when the ship was in rough seas, not every day. And for some reason, the cabins in our particular area didn't creak at all, even when the ship hit rough seas. I walked down the hall and could hear creaking in certain sections of deck 12, but not in others. So, as a helpful note to anyone planning to book a cabin on deck 12, cabin 12182 and the other neighboring cabins within a few cabins of it did NOT seem to creak even when the ship hit rough seas... while others just down the hall did creak.

I noticed this too, as I walked the length of deck 12 many times (Adventure Ocean is deck 12 forward, my cabin was aft.). Wish I had paid attention & took note of which section was creaky. I believe it was just forward of midship.

Great pictures we really enjoyed them. We were on the Anthem in January we did have some rough seas and had to stay on the ship for a extra day. 11 day cruise for the price of 10. We are going on the Anthem again in July with grandchildres can't wait. On thing that you didn't mention was at the port there was a monument that Russia had given to the USA in memory of those that died on Sept 11th. I think is is call the Teardrop it was beautiful very moving. It was right the terminal. If you have a chance and go on line and see it. Impressive. Thanks for the great pictures.