Anthem Of The Seas Review w/ 112 photos & 17 videos!

Thanks for this review. We are avid CCL cruisers and have done 2 NCL cruises. I'm pregnant with our first child so we wanted to try a line with more options for babies. We live in MD and don't want to fly with a baby either so thanks as we were looking at driving to NJ for the Anthem. Do you know if the Embassy Suites has parking for our truck during the cruise? Also we heard that RCCL is boring and everything shuts down at 10pm, but that didn't seem to be the case per your scooper. What do you think? As compared to CCL?

We were on Anthem jan 2016, great dancing venues in music hall and boleros, Katrina band and Latin band excellent, plus ballroom dancing to canned music, also Zumba 5 times on 11 night cruise, belly dancing, my wife loved all the dancing. Met many others who danced, but it depends on fellow passengers and the activities staff that could change. We really did enjoy that aspect of the Anthem.

Thanks so much for amazing review, captured the Anthem, went in January 2016, hope to go again 2017, loved everything but the food and poor dining room services, but your pictures, video and reviews may have put us over the edge of trying her again, Bravo!

Thanks for the great review. We are sailing on the Anthem next May. Just got off the Enchantment and had a great time.:) I have read so many negative reviews about Anthem but that will not deter me.

Edited by twinsbur
added info

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Solarium

While NorthStar is really just a gimmick that adds a brief moment of fun to your cruise, the one feature on Anthem Of The Seas that I found most enjoyable and hugely better than anything competing cruise lines offer is The Solarium.

The Solarium is an adults-only area at the front of the ship, which is wind-protected and stays delightfully warm even on the coolest sea day. It features lots of loungers, daybeds, and comfortable chairs, as well as two huge Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs, and a tiered series of pools that you can relax in. It also offers a spectacular view forward.

Solarium-IMG_0243.JPG

My favorite part of the ship, the adults-only Solarium

Solarium-IMG_0539.JPG

A view of the Solarium at night

Solarium-IMG_0246.JPG

The pools are about three feet deep... perfect for sitting and relaxing and socializing.

Solarium-IMG_0259.JPG

There are three pools, stacked one above the other, and each one spills over in to the next lower one

This is exactly where I can be found on seadays on my upcoming 12 day on the Anthem. Great pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Very impressive review. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. You really have a wonderful voice too.

I wish I could find a review as thorough as yours on the kids clubs.

Thank you for including the Cruise Compass, as well.

Happy Cruising!

• 10 months later...

I was torn between two cruises, but after stumbling upon the fantastic review, I am going on the Anthem of The Seas 10 day NE/Canada cruise, October 2018!! You have an amazing voice and looks to match! You have a lucky wife! :) Thank you for posting this. IT really made a difference to me! My hubby laughed at the "we have been married 35 years and I have said all I need to say to her" comment, in fact he said I love this guy! HE HE

I was just trying to convince my SO to do this exact itinerary and boom, I find your review on Cruise Critic! This might just be what I needed to convince him. Thanks! As a former Valley Girl (born and raised), I can like TOTALLY tell that you are from my beloved former state. I miss it so much. Fargo doesn't quite compare.

Thanks so much for the review. I'm a fan of your videos as well. I sail on the Anthem in May and I've been researching for months already. I thought I knew all there was but your review mentioned a few things i hadn't heard of and I appreciate it!