Anthem Of The Seas Review w/ 112 photos & 17 videos!

I was wondering about the video linked on post 10 of this thread. You mentioned George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" but the video is of Camille Saint-Saens' 3rd Symphony, both great pieces of music so I'm not complaining. I just wondered if the links were mixed up.

What I was saying was that during the Virtual Symphony in Two70, they played Rhapsody in Blue... and that brought a tear to my eye because of my fondness for United Airlines. Then, while sitting there listening to Rhapsody In Blue in Two70, in a virtual concert, it got me thinking about my favorite piece of classical music... the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony. An item on my bucket list is to see an actual live performance of the Saint Saens symphony. I linked to a video of it, in case anyone was curious what it was.

So, there was no mixup in links there... that was what I intended to do.

Thank you for the lovely review. FYI the links to the daily planner is not working

Now THAT was my mistake... and I appreciate you mentioning that to me. I've fixed it now. The link to the Daily Planners should be working.

Jim,

Thank you for the excellent review, photos, videos, and professional narration. We will be on the Anthem for a short 5 day cruise in July, and your review is a wonderful preparation for our cruise.

Again, thank you!

Kathy

Thank you for this awesome review! Even though it was very detailed and informative, it didn't take forever for you to post and for me to read, so I really appreciate that. Your videos are GREAT!

One thing - in the section about the rock star juggler, the video you linked is the Windjammer video.

Everything else was awesome. :)

What I was saying was that during the Virtual Symphony in Two70, they played Rhapsody in Blue... and that brought a tear to my eye because of my fondness for United Airlines. Then, while sitting there listening to Rhapsody In Blue in Two70, in a virtual concert, it got me thinking about my favorite piece of classical music... the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony. An item on my bucket list is to see an actual live performance of the Saint Saens symphony. I linked to a video of it, in case anyone was curious what it was.

So, there was no mixup in links there... that was what I intended to do.

Now THAT was my mistake... and I appreciate you mentioning that to me. I've fixed it now. The link to the Daily Planners should be working.

Here is a bit of humor regarding United Airlines. Many of us on the Canadian East Coast don't share your enthusiasm towards United, and it is mostly because of This guy, Dave Carroll.

It eventually turned into a trilogy that you can link to from the first one.

Anyway, Enjoy :)

dp

Here is a bit of humor regarding United Airlines. Many of us on the Canadian East Coast don't share your enthusiasm towards United, and it is mostly because of This guy, Dave Carroll.

It eventually turned into a trilogy that you can link to from the first one.

Anyway, Enjoy :)

dp

Thought the same thing when I read that, just didn't take the time to scout out the video. Thanks Dennis

It was a funny coincidence that during our 35th cruise, we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary!

1981 was a good year for Marriages, looks like we outlasted Charles and Di though. Getting ready to go on our 35th anniversary cruise in 2 weeks. I'll enjoy reading your review.

What a great gift you have given us all here ! This review is spectacular. RC should be paying your for your review :) I have a whole year ++ until I experience Anthem. I will be looking at your review numerous times until then. Thanks Again !

Easily in the tip 5 reviewers on this site [emoji1] [emoji568] [emoji267] [emoji16]

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

Completely agree. And you soooo make me want to sail Anthem!

Our Cabin: 12182

We've stayed in all sorts of different cabins during our 35 cruises... everything from the cheapest interior cabins to some very expensive suites. Royal Caribbean suites are VERY pricey, so for this cruise we elected to stay in a standard balcony cabin, category D5. Our cabin number was 12182, if you have any interest in looking it up on the deck plans.

I chose this particular cabin because:

• It is near the forward elevators, but not so close that we would hear noises from it.

• The deck above is passengers cabins, as is the deck below. Therefore, it isn't a very noisy location.

• It is an easy walk to the Solarium and the indoor pool.

• Using the forward elevators, you can quickly get to and from the Royal Theater and the Music Hall.

• It's a fairly easy walk down the hallway and up two sets of stairs to get to the Windjammer restaurant.

Once we got onboard, we discovered that the cabins on Anthem Of The Seas have some very cool design features that I hadn't heard about. So I put together a video that clearly shows some of the smart design choices that Royal Caribbean made in designing these cabins. Please take a look at this video tour of our cabin:

[YOUTUBE]XO5g17ZcYMw[/YOUTUBE]

One thing I forgot to show in the video is that the desk is not anchored to the wall,

it can be pulled out and used in whatever configuration you like.

Rotate it 90 degrees and use it like this, if you'd like...

Desk-IMG_1117.JPG

Or pull it all the way over to the couch and use it as a coffee table...

Desk-IMG_1119.JPG

Over by the door to the hallway, you'll find these two things mounted on the wall:

CabinControls-IMG_0772.JPG

The top unit is controls for the heating and cooling system. It is very responsive and works extremely well. In the picture, the display is showing that we asked the system to keep the room at 73 degrees, and in the upper left it is confirming that the temperature in the room is indeed actually 73 degrees.

The idea for the bottom unit is that you would stick your room keycard in the slot when you're in the room, and take the card out to keep it with you when you leave the room. The power to the cabin shuts off a few minutes after the card is removed. We find that a little inconvenient, so we just bring a spare keycard with us from a previous cruise

and leave it in the slot at all times. That way my actual room keycard stays in my pocket at all times, and I won't tend to leave the room without it.

I have a question about this : "We find that a little inconvenient, so we just bring a spare keycard with us from a previous cruise

and leave it in the slot at all times."

I think this is a great idea and I already have our "previously cruise card ready)..What does your room steward think about this? Doesn't he/she need to put their own card to activate the temp when coming in to clean etc..? I also heard somewhere that it's used in a similar fashion for the lights as well.

And that's it! That was my review of our cruise on Anthem Of The Seas... a pretty great cruise ship. You should definitely check it out.

If you'd like to read some of my other cruise reviews, you'll find links in my signature, below. Or just head over to my web site at www.jimzim.net

Now it's your turn to chip in with comments and questions.

Go!

Jim

Thank you so much for doing his review. We were on the quantum maiden voyage across the pond and loved it. Your review and pictures have me thinking about a cruise on the anthem for sure. Such a beautiful ship. I love your reviews and have read most of them.

Thank you!

You did an outstanding job on this tour of the cabin! I will have to check out more . Thanks for caring enough to educate the rest of us that have future booking on Anthem!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have a question about this:

"we just bring a spare keycard with us from a previous cruise and leave it in the slot at all times."

I think this is a great idea and I already have our "previously cruise card ready)..What does your room steward think about this? Doesn't he/she need to put their own card to activate the temp when coming in to clean etc..? I also heard somewhere that it's used in a similar fashion for the lights as well.

As far as I know, the stateroom steward had no problem with us doing it this way. Our old card was always still in the slot whenever we returned to the cabin. I don't see any reason why he would have need to take our old card out and put his in when he was in the room. Because our old card was in the slot, all lights, plugs, and air conditioning were working when he walked in. There wouldn't have been any need for him to put his card in the slot instead.