Anthem Of The Seas Review w/ 112 photos & 17 videos!

One thing - in the section about the rock star juggler, the video you linked is the Windjammer video. Everything else was awesome. :)

Oh gosh, looks like I screwed that up! Thanks for pointing that out. Here is the video of the Rock Star juggler that I meant to put there...

[YOUTUBE]EYc6vNXbuwc[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you for the wonderful review. How did you get from the hotel to the

ship? Taxi? if so how much for 2 people. Also what is the best way to get into

Manhattan from the hotel?

Thanks

Marty

San Diego

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. Did you do the Puzzle Break? I'm glad that you liked the food in the Windjammer. My daughter and I are going in June and we really aren't foodies and plan on eating most nights there.

I have a question about this : "We find that a little inconvenient, so we just bring a spare keycard with us from a previous cruise

and leave it in the slot at all times."

I think this is a great idea and I already have our "previously cruise card ready)..What does your room steward think about this? Doesn't he/she need to put their own card to activate the temp when coming in to clean etc..? I also heard somewhere that it's used in a similar fashion for the lights as well.

As someone who is in the travel industry you should always put a card in the slot when you are not in the room. Besides the AC not running, any hotel employee can see when you are not in your room.

Really wonderful review. Those pictures look amazing. DW and I are ticking two cruises off our bucket list in the next 45 days (An Oasis class ship & an Alaskan cruise) and thanks to your review, we've added cruising on a Quantum Class ship to our bucket-list.

We're really bummed that 2 of the Quantum class ships will be sent to China (even tho its much closer to us in India, we're not travelling there!) so hopefully we will also cruise on the Anthem of the Seas.

Thanks again for a fantastic review. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to finish off a detailed review so quick.

How did you get from the hotel to the ship? Taxi? if so how much for 2 people. Also what is the best way to get into

Manhattan from the hotel?

The hotel offered a shuttle bus to the cruise ship terminal. I think the price was about $20 or $25 per person, if I remember correctly.

We didn't go in to Manhattan, so I can't advise you on that.

As far as I know, the stateroom steward had no problem with us doing it this way. Our old card was always still in the slot whenever we returned to the cabin. I don't see any reason why he would have need to take our old card out and put his in when he was in the room. Because our old card was in the slot, all lights, plugs, and air conditioning were working when he walked in. There wouldn't have been any need for him to put his card in the slot instead.

What I meant was since (I assume) the reasoning behind it is to save on electricity when not in your cabin if the room steward would then feel compelled to follow the rules. Maybe they don't care. ;)

As far as I know, the stateroom steward had no problem with us doing it this way. Our old card was always still in the slot whenever we returned to the cabin. I don't see any reason why he would have need to take our old card out and put his in when he was in the room. Because our old card was in the slot, all lights, plugs, and air conditioning were working when he walked in. There wouldn't have been any need for him to put his card in the slot instead.

I have also heard that a card like a business card will work on this also.

Still pictures truly don't do the Solarium justice!

Please let me lead you on a tour of the Solarium in this video:

SolariumSeating-IMG_0531.JPG

There are also some very comfortable day-beds in the Solarium, although I failed to get a picture of any of them.

Another big difference between Anthem Of The Sea's Solarium and Carnival's Serenity Retreat is the water feature. Carnival doesn't have anything but a couple of Jacuzzis in most of their Serenity Retreats. The 3-level water feature in the center of the solarium is spectacular and really beats the heck out of what Carnival offers in this area.

The one area of comparison where Carnival wins in a solarium versus serenity battle is in the quality of the loungers. Loungers in the Carnival serenity retreats have super-comfortable thick cushions, similar to the chairs you see in the previous photo. If you look in the upper right corner of that photo, you can see that Royal Caribbean's loungers don't have any cushions at all. This would be one thing that Royal Caribbean might want to address.

Ok... I was not interested in the Anthem class ships but you are making a case for me.

WOW. Outstanding. Incredible. Thank you so very much for the time and effort you put into this. Don't know when we'll actually get ON a Quantum class ship but you sure provided the next best thing.

And out of curiosity, I looked at your Escape review. We've ALWAYS done Royal and Celebrity but you have piqued my curiosity for a new experience.

i loved your review and now i am definitely excited for my upcoming Anthem cruise.... little nervous by some previous reviews but you completely changed my mind.... !!! :D now i am going to read some of your other reviews !! keep up the good work !!