Digital photo process

missholly24

Hi I just watched short special on the Vista (while on Splendor) and J.H. said Vista will be the first Carnival "fully digital" ship for photos. What exactly does this mean? Tablets and we search through our photos that way kind of like RCI? Sounds cool, but do they print the ones we decide to buy? (I sure hope so!!). Any info would be appreciated!

Hi I just watched short special on the Vista (while on Splendor) and J.H. said Vista will be the first Carnival "fully digital" ship for photos. What exactly does this mean? Tablets and we search through our photos that way kind of like RCI? Sounds cool, but do they print the ones we decide to buy? (I sure hope so!!). Any info would be appreciated!

This is the first that I've heard about it but I hope its true. I guess I'll find out next week when we board her for the inaugural run!

Oh cool I will have to follow you when you get back to see how the cruise was! The ship looks amazing. John Heald did these mini interviews with people about the ship and the videos were played on the ship around the clock. He only mentioned it in one line, but that is what he said. I like both options. Having them in hand when you get off the ship is priceless because I rarely print out pictures and hang them up. However, this cruise I just got back from we never found some of them and I swear they were not printed. We've never NOT been able to find them (sometimes just takes longer and sifting through). Best case scenario, you can look through all of your photos digitally and then order to be printed by the end of the cruise!!!! Lets hope!

That would sure be nice. They could take a lesson from Disney. I didn't have any luck on RCI in 2011, but it may have improved since then.

On Disney, they scanned your card for all photos. You could either go to a kiosk and see them all online, or they had book cases with real looking books, that had characters and numbers. You would find the one assigned to you and all your pics would be printed in there. It was so much neater and organized, and never crowded with people trying to find their pictures among hundreds.

That would sure be nice. They could take a lesson from Disney. I didn't have any luck on RCI in 2011, but it may have improved since then.

On Disney, they scanned your card for all photos. You could either go to a kiosk and see them all online, or they had book cases with real looking books, that had characters and numbers. You would find the one assigned to you and all your pics would be printed in there. It was so much neater and organized, and never crowded with people trying to find their pictures among hundreds.

NCL was very similar. Facial recognition and you could look at your "portfolio" online at a kiosk by putting in your cabin number. They also had most of them already printed out so you could purchase.

John Heald just posted this on his page:

So let’s forgo my usual silly humour and talk about those photos. Here on your Carnival Vista you will notice something a bit different because there are no printed copies of the photos you take around the ship. Instead after you have your photos taken you will go to the Pixel’s gallery and scan your sail and sign card . The photos will then appear on the screen so you can decide what you want to buy and delete the ones you don’t want. So for example, you see a beautiful photo of you and your family taken on elegant night you press the purchase option and the next day those portraits will be waiting for you on your bed. Then if you see a photo you don’t like, say a photo of you with your fly open you can, despite it being no big thing press the delete option.

Now, we will also offer you the option to have those photos given to you in a digital format as well as printed copies. The other brilliant option is for those that have updownloaded the Hubb app you can view the photos on your mobile device or eye pad which I am sure many of you will find to be very exciting.

Now for those who may be thinking of just screen shoting the photo I should say that they have huge water marks all across them that say “ this cheap bastard didn’t pay for photo”

Need some help. John said to download the app. I've got I pad and go to the app store and don't see what I think I need. The one I did look at " cruise with us" wanted to access Facebook info or Twitter. Would someone please let me know what to download. Thanks😎

Need some help. John said to download the app. I've got I pad and go to the app store and don't see what I think I need. The one I did look at " cruise with us" wanted to access Facebook info or Twitter. Would someone please let me know what to download. Thanks😎

Here is the link to the app:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/shipboard/funhub/funhub-landing.html

Just off the Magic two days ago. I was talking to the Pixels guys and they did say that 'eventually' ALL Carnival ships will be going 'digital' soon, but they weren't sure how 'soon', and that the Vista will lead the way !!

So awesome to hear !!