Service charge on beverage package

faymuiheng

Could someone please clarify for me, as I'm getting conflicting information. We have the premium beverage package booked, and I'm assuming that the gratuities is already included unless we tip additionally each time. Is this correct?

Reason why I'm asking, is that when I called celebrity direct , they gave me one answer and when my cousin called a few days later , she got the opposite answer.

Thanks

I wouldn't take what celebrity tells you to seriously... You could call 5 times and get 5 different answers...

The only consistent thing about the celebrity call centres are the inconsistent replays... [emoji23]

Edited by MR_T

Thanks for the speedy reply.

My cousin was told, that it was tallied up, and charged to the room towards the last day.m

Again, thanks for the clarification. Our first time with any such drink package. Now comes the hard part, self control once we get on the ship! :p

My cousin was told, that it was tallied up, and charged to the room towards the last day.m

Again, thanks for the clarification. Our first time with any such drink package. Now comes the hard part, self control once we get on the ship! :p

Gratuities are included. That was the best part about the package...we didn't even get a receipt to sign...they just handed our SeaPass cards back with the drinks! Bartenders did not hesitate to serve us even though we weren't signing for their 15% gratuity, so X must make sure they each get their share. Several times we tipped exceptional service with some extra cash, but it was never expected.

Our experience was that self control was much easier on the cruise ship than a dirt all-inclusive. There is so much else to do and see on a cruise that the drinks are just part of the experience instead of the stereotypical "drinking all day" that is the ONLY activity at an AI in Mexico or the DR.

It's possible the rep your cousin spoke with didn't understand and thought the question was about gratuities that are given to the crew...bartenders, dining staff, cabin attendants, etc. Those are added daily and appear on your onboard account and are payable the last day of your cruise.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree

That's what I thought as well, but she did ask specifically about beverage package, cause she didn't believe me.

It's possible the rep your cousin spoke with didn't understand and thought the question was about gratuities that are given to the crew...bartenders, dining staff, cabin attendants, etc. Those are added daily and appear on your onboard account and are payable the last day of your cruise.

Exactly! The standard gratuities are what get charged to your onboard account daily (equivalent to a hotel service charge).

Here is a link to Celebrity's explanation: How are gratuities handled onboard?

Additionally, beverage packages include 18 percent for gratuities, regardless of whether you receive the beverage package as a perk or purchase it separately.

Edited by fleckle

I believe that if you "upgrade" from the Classic to the Premium package that an 18% gratuity is added to the cost of the upgrade.

This is correct, it is $10 to upgrade plus $1.80 gratuity so $11.80 per day to upgrade from Classic to Premium.

I bought the new standard package on my April 2 constellation transatlantic for $45 plus 18% per day. I bought is when I boarded at the sunset bar and they placed a white sticker on my card. Every time I bought a drink they just scanned the card, no signature involved. Not all the bars had information about the standard package so I took a picture of one brochure showing the drinks included. If the bartenders were confused I just pulled out my iPhone and showed them, which happened on several occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you upgrade your liquor package before you get into international waters, you'll pay the local tax added to the cost of the upgrade or your drinks purchased.

When I tip the bartender, who's been exceptional above the package, I usually palm the folded bill as I shake his hand to thank him for his service. He gets to keep those tips without sharing them unlike the pooled gratuities.

• 2 months later...
Exactly! The standard gratuities are what get charged to your onboard account daily (equivalent to a hotel service charge).

Here is a link to Celebrity's explanation: How are gratuities handled onboard?

Additionally, beverage packages include 18 percent for gratuities, regardless of whether you receive the beverage package as a perk or purchase it separately.

I got my package as a perk with gratuities perk and I am trying to get a 'translation' of GOBETTER BEVGRT with a cost beside it and I was told that I can decided what it is - gratuities or cost for beverage package.....

So true!

It's one thing I love about Celebrity's free drink packages - the gratuities are included. NCL charges almost $100 a week per person for their "free" packages. :eek:

Having sailed on NCL in Europe with the free drinks package there is no additional service charge.

Just like Celebrity you pay your daily gratuities which depends on what type of cabin you have booked.

Having sailed on NCL in Europe with the free drinks package there is no additional service charge.

Just like Celebrity you pay your daily gratuities which depends on what type of cabin you have booked.

I looked at NCL's "free" ultimate beverage package and then read the info that is listed under the *

Here is what it says about gratuities (we are only talking the beverage package, not your cabin gratuities)

Apparently if you book any other cabin but a suite, you will be charged the gratuities on your drink package.

*Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package and/or Soda Package prior to cruise, except when booking a Haven or Suite.

*When booking a Haven or Suite category, gratuities related to beverage and soda packages are included

I got my package as a perk with gratuities perk and I am trying to get a 'translation' of GOBETTER BEVGRT with a cost beside it and I was told that I can decided what it is - gratuities or cost for beverage package.....

BEVGRT is both a beverage package and your daily gratuities.

The Premium drink package is well worth the upcharge of $11.80 from Classic. That is basically the cost of one drink per day.

I have been fortunate to get the Premium as one of my perks from my travel agent as well as the daily gratuities and an on-board credit. It pays to stay loyal to a brand (X) as well as to a specific travel agent.

Nope only time there would be an additional gratuity on drinks is if you upgrade to the premium package on board....it is charged with the upgrade, or if you buy a drink not covered they will charge gratuity. But if you drink solely on the classic package, there should be no gratuity added. You may give an extra tip, but you are not required to, some do, some don't, some slip something at the end of the trip to a special bartender, but that is completely optional.

I know tips are included but I feel if the bartender takes care of you I have no problem tipping them. I don't do it every drink. $20 here and $20 there. You get a bartender as a friend in a hurry when they see a $20. On constellation there was a so called tip can on the bar or behind the bar they put extra tips in to share. They truly appreciate it.i figure any dude that can pour 5-10 martinis at a time gets a tip. I can't make one without spilling it.

I know if you upgrade from classic to premium its $11.80 a day. If you get the classic included as a perk gratuities already included.

I personally love the drink packages. No tickets and just pretty much get anything you want with premium.

Works for us!