Celebrity Reflection newbie questions

RMac713

Looking at either Carnival Glory, or Celebrity Reflection next March. Clueless about both lines; have taken 3 Disney cruises but no kids this time. Ports on both ships are similar; would be trading Mahogany Bay and Belize on Glory for Falmouth and Labadee on Reflection.

Questions about Reflection;

Is there a self-serve station for water, iced tea, etc.? We would probably get the drink package.

Reflection has a Solarium area, correct? Is there a pool in that area as well?

How is the spa? I like the rainforest room type options.

From a 1B on deck 9 to a concierge room is a $400 difference. Is it worth it for the embarkation/disembarkation priority stuff?

Any deals going on or on the horizon? I am talking to a TA soon. What is the refund policy? I'll be insuring through a third party company.

Thanks for any help!

Labadee is their private Island. I love Belize. I been to Falmouth and never been to Mohagony... It is what you make of the ports.

Reflection has no Bottled water to grab unless Port days at stations, You have to ask a Server, or go to the Bars. Ocean Café has Filtered water at the machines four spots. also out by the pools bar the grill area.

Ice Tea, lemon aid Fruit passion juice, orange and cranberry, besides that Hot Tea and coffee, Hot chocolate in packets. Instant coffee in packets, and the Hot tea is not Limpton All cold drinks are concentrated

The Solarium has a swell the station and as well soft ice cream FREE. Yes the adult pool is there and air conditioned gets crowded on hot days.

On Deck 5 there is a the coffee El Blanke (not sure the name) the y serve FREE deserts, but the rest is a charge.

The drink pkg is what you make of it, we were given the pkg and had as many as a drink a day so I am not a drinker but for the coffee drinks I may be better off charging Lol and using OBC

X you'll love it is a quieter ship hope my opinion was good enough if not others will chime in

Won't comment on the ports as we are not Caribbean cruisers. With the beverage package you can get bottled water at any bar or at tables as you disembark the ship or while you are on the ship.

The Solarium has a pool, whirlpools and very nice lounge chairs, the Aqua Spa cafe and is a quiet spot.

I wouldn't pay $400 more for a Conciegre cabin. It is exactly the same as a Veranda in size and decor. Most of the other perks are marketing fluff. Priority embarkation really doesn't mean much-a separate line that may be longer then the other line. Priority debarkation is just a different place to wait to exit the ship. The benefits to Conciegre IMHO are footstools on the balcony and extra Captains Club points.

Since you are traveling without kiddos I think you will love Celebrity, particularly if you have the beverage package. Celebrity is a more adult environment, no hairy chest/belly flop contest, one announce a day (hate the"bingo announcements) overall more elegant.

Edited by jelayne

You will really like the Reflection:):) We have been

on her three times and always on deck 9 in cabin 9299.

It is a C-3 cabin and we were real happy with Celebrity.

We have been on Carnival as well but that was are first

four cruises and our last 10 or so cruises have all been

on Celebrity. We think that you will be real happy on

the Reflection if you so choose. Have a great cruise on

what ever your decision is!!!!!

Have not been on Glory but have done 3 Carnival cruises and enjoyed each one. That said, if I had to choose between Carnival or Celebrity, I would go with Celebrity. The beverage package and the quiet sophisticated feel win me over. Enjoy whatever you choose.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

I would not pay extra to get a concierge cabin. Unless you want to accrue the extra loyalty point. Otherwise, on Solstice Class ships, of which Reflection is one, there is no difference at all in cabin or balcony size. The priority embarkation/debarkation is pretty meaningless as well. There will be lines at the terminal for check-in and there will be some that are marked Concierge. But it could well be that those lines are longer at the time you check in than the regular lines.

You receive a bottle of sparkling wine on the first day. If you have the beverage package this is moot. You get some very primitive appetizers in the afternoons....but you could just as easily order a cheese plate or whatever from Room Service or pop up to the OceanView Cafe to get some snacks.

We love Reflection! Her redesigned Sunset Bar is my favorite spot on any Celebrity ship!