Budget for 2017 Navigator of Seas 14 night

We are planning on doing our first cruise for Aug 2017.

It's a 14 night with balcony 2 x adults, 2 x kids sharing a room. It cover the Mediterranean but mainly Spain.

The cost is coming in around £7,800 with gratuities. Is

I'm struggling to work out what the other costs are going to be to ensure we can afford this comfortably.

Could anyone give guidance please on the following.

1. Kids club costs

2. Drinks package that includes spirits?

3. Parking charges in Southampton for 2 weeks?

4. Cost of eating in the specialty restaurants?

5. Excursion costs?

6. The current offer is called "head start" - is there a chance that it will save me money in the future?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this :)

There is a new promotion starting in a week or so which may offer free drinks and grats..I booked my October cruise may last yr and got a free premium drinks package' date=' soda for my girls and free grats...

If I was you I'd wait unless it's a particular cabin your after 😊[/quote']

Thank you so much for the info. I thought the kids club was extra.

Apparently the current offer allows you to switch once if you see a better deal. Is it still worth waiting? Part of me just wants to get this booked.

I'm not particular about a room. Just want a balcony and somewhere that's not too wobbly on the sea's as my wife gets a little motion sickness.

Any advice on location would be amazing. The travel agent suggested aft around floor 5 or 6.

I hadn't realised the best prices were back in January. Kind of curious how much it would have cost if I'd booked it back then.

I hadn't realised the best prices were back in January. Kind of curious how much it would have cost if I'd booked it back then.

Best price might end up being about 50 days out - right after final payment. Usually there's no price drops granted in the UK, so there's not much point in looking at prices after booking. You should read a bit more on here before you book. :cool:

Edited by Biker19

Best price might end up being about 50 days out - right after final payment. Usually there's no price drops granted in the UK, so there's not much point in looking at prices after booking. You should read a bit more on here before you book. :cool:

I've read a bit and it seems to be a bit of a lottery as to when the best price is.

Is there a particular thread you could point me towards that might help?

No particular thread to read - just general info to know a few things. If pricing is important, you may want to consider booking with the US booking T&C (via a US TA) - that way you would get price drops.

I was just going to suggest booking with a USA TA too

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

If you're not booking with a US based TA I would definitely wait to book. Prices right now are not cheap. I have my eye on a Med cruise in July on Navigator that has gone up by about £2000 in the last few months. Plus as others have said the promotions that give free drinks packages, grats and/or OBC generally don't get offered this early. A couple of years ago I booked a year or more in advance and then kicked myself later as we missed out on the free drinks package and gratutities. Prices are generally cheaper nearer to sail date as well.

I don't particularly want to book through a USA TA.

I'm just concerned that if I wait i'll miss out on getting a decent balcony room. It's the one thing my wife is insisting on.

So confused.....:confused::confused::confused:

1 stateroom costing over £7,800 :eek:

Personally, I wouldn't book anything being based in the UK at the moment for 2017

The prices will drop over the next few months and the offers will start to come on.

The prices for 2017 cruises at the moment are VERY inflated

Although, in the T&C of the current offer which is apparently "Up to a £1000 saving on 2017 sailings" it does say you will be able to move your booking ONCE to a new offer and if the price is lower they will refund the difference. This is new for the UK as normally you can't get price drops. It's interesting they're giving one go at it. I bet they're hoping lots of people don't see that in the T&C though.

As I say though, I'd still wait a while before booking as the price will drop between now and then by quite a bit.

£7800 is a disgraceful price!

I agree that pricing for prime time sailings is over the top ridiculous. I am looking to book over university winter break 2017-18 for a family of four. We usually book owners suites on Oasis class, they are $3299-$3799 consistently, even over springbreak as long as we book early.

New Years 2018 is $7545 pp, that is insane. Ports and ships are same old same old. Even Jr Suites for the kids are $3630. That's $22,000 for a family of 4 to sail the usual itineraries on a RC ship for 7 days.

We paid less to sail 12 days western Med late June on Seabourn and less to sail eastern med 12 days on Oceania in July, in Suites!!!!! Even less on Azamara in South America also in a suite.

We love Royal and currently have five cruises booked with them but their comes a point when pricing just becomes insulting. If I have to pay six star luxury prices to sail on Royal, I'll take my family to a true six star experience.

Actually, I just made final payment for Celebrity Sillouette, 12 day Northern Europe/Russia in June. Celebrity Suite for us, balcony for three kids. Still considerably less than 7 days on Oasis class New Years 2018. And pricing includes, drink package, gratuities, Internet and $300 onboard credit per stateroom.

I am going to seriously rethink sailing RC now that my kids are getting older. As I said, the pricing is insulting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thought i'd follow this up after your good advice.

This is a much better deal as we've saved off the cost of the cruise plus having drinks packages included. Just wondering if i should be patient still?

Current deal is (sorry i've cut, pasted and edited from the quote)

£7335.92 - this includes - select - drinks package for 2 x adults.

The drinks pacakage can only be upgraded on board and this would be $15.00 (USD) per day - this would be to the premium package

The cabin grade we are looking at is Category D1 - decks 7 8 9 10 - superior ocean state room with balcony - Navigator of the Seas

We are doing a 14 day cruise on navigator in August 2016 to Spain, Portugal, France, Italy from Southampton. Your price seems very expensive to me. For approximately 5,600 british pounds (we paid in Aust Dollars) we have a grand suite (for two adults)

I think you should do more research. Watch the prices on different itineraries around the time you are interested. Good luck!

Edited by lucymorgan

We are doing a 14 day cruise on navigator in August 2016 to Spain, Portugal, France, Italy from Southampton. Your price seems very expensive to me. For approximately 5,600 british pounds (we paid in Aust Dollars) we have a grand suite (for two adults) including gratuities so add extra for the children and it would be around the same.

The Grand Suite comes with lots of benefits (much larger room with full bathroom, free drinks in the evening, priority seating, sometimes extra onboard tours, etc).

I think you should do more research. Watch the prices on different itineraries around the time you are interested. Good luck!

Who did you book through?

I'm struggling to find time to stay on top of this - and invest the time needed to get the best deal. I'd imagine like lot's of people on here I can't afford to get it wrong :)

We booked through Royal Caribbean and then asked my favourite TA if she could do better. (large TA in Australia but she runs one of their stores). She reduced the price and added onboard credit. You can transfer a booking to a travel agent within 60 days of the original booking.

The only risk I can see from you waiting and shopping around is the need for a room for 4 people which sometimes sell out but I wouldn't think this would happen this far out from your cruise.

Edit: I should add that we were clueless booking our first cruise and our second. As long as you/your family have a great time it doesn't really matter. Compare the costs to a land based tour. If it turns out you love cruising you will get better and better at getting a good deal! Good luck

Edited by lucymorgan

I was just going to suggest booking with a USA TA too

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Just rethinking about doing this. How would I go about finding info on doing this properly and safely?

I was on anthem last year in school hols and I'm booked on navigator this year. I have followed the prices for some time. Generally from what I've seen a balcony cabin for 14 nights for two people from Southampton in Aug is always fairly close to the £5000 mark. The situation for more than 2 people is much more complicated. I booked early for Anthem with 2 adults and 2 kids and they wanted approx £8500 for 4 people in one room! Meanwhile 2 interconnecting balcony cabins with 2 in each was approx £10,000. Also meant we got 2 more free drink packages and additional OBC. We got 2 great cabins mid ships. Much closer to the sailing there were offers for 3rd 4th guest 50% off and you could get these cabins for more like £6500 to £7000 but by then you had much less choice as to where you were situated. I think you do tend to get ripped off booking early for the 3/4 berth cabins but equally if you leave it late you have much less choice re location as they can get booked up.

I booked much later this year for Navigator as originally had other plans and this time was for 5 people. The 2 berth balcony was £4800 and a 3 berth interior just opposite it was £5000. Offer included drinks and OBC. A 3 berth balcony would have been around £6300 BUT the reality was that there were no 3 berth balconies anywhere near any of the available 2 berth balconies.

That price seems way too high for my liking. Just to compare, my wife, my son and I went on a 14 night med cruise last year from Southampton on Explorer of the seas. Deck 6 Hump balcony all inclusive with grats and parking for only £5k Nearer the cruise it did come down a bit.

This year we are going on a 14 night med cruise again on Indy. All inclusive and free grats again. £4k (no balcony this time though) This is now over £800 cheaper if I book it now plus they are giving $300 obc too. I would wait.

Sean

Just had a quick look on RC website for Indy 13/8/16 sailing. At the moment an interior for 3 is £5197 and a balcony for 3 is £7047 both excl grats and assuming you're not going for a GTY. Meanwhile 18/6/16 sailing is £2747 for an interior and £4245 for a balcony. Were your prices for dates slap bang in middle of school hols?

This is proper peak season school holiday early August for 2 weeks.

I've phoned half a dozen TA's and they are all pretty much the same price give or take a hundred pounds.

We decided to stick to school holidays unfortunately next year :(

Our kids will be 11 and 7 by that point.

I don't mind interconnecting rooms if it works out good value.

But i think it will push us over our total budget.

Help.....:(

I even tried going to the US website of Royal Carribean and the prices were the same but with no drinks packages.

If this is the correct price for a 4 person cruise in 1 cabin for 14 nights in August i'll happily pay it. I just really want to make sure i get a decent price and don't miss out on getting a balcony.