Sydney hotel for a week before our cruise

Plant

[/size]

Thanks, I'll check the Napoleon out. Since we'll be staying a week a kitchenette would be nice!

That's why I'd agree with others on this thread who have recommended a serviced apartment. We've stayed at several Meriton serviced apartments in Sydney and all have been excellent.

Not only is there more room to spread out but the kitchenette is great for keeping costs down a little and for a pre-cruise stay it was ideal to be able to do our laundry before we boarded.

Edited by Bobal

That's why I'd agree with others on this thread who have recommended a serviced apartment. We've stayed at several Meriton serviced apartments in Sydney and all have been excellent.

Not only is there more room to spread out but the kitchenette is great for keeping costs down a little and for a pre-cruise stay it was ideal to be able to do our laundry before we boarded.

Thanks! Being able to start our cruise with clean clothes would be great; also a microwave would be nice. I'm going to check out the Meriton's. I'm thinking that "serviced apartments" are the same as hotel suites here in the US? The most important thing to us is cleanliness.

Thanks! Being able to start our cruise with clean clothes would be great; also a microwave would be nice. I'm going to check out the Meriton's. I'm thinking that "serviced apartments" are the same as hotel suites here in the US? The most important thing to us is cleanliness.

Serviced appartments are different to a hotel in that you get a kitchen(ette) usually a microwave, cooktop, fridge that sort of thing, but they are serviced like a hotel room, save you may not get fresh sheets every day but every few days to a week. Some may also not have room service or a restaurant, others will have these.

Meriton are certainly clean in my experiences.

I would equate them to Condo's such as those in Hawaii, Maui although they are not privately owned. The Meriton ones come as Studio, 1 to 3 bedroom.

Many cruisers i know have stayed in these. Meriton Pitt St is smack bang in the centre of downtown.

If it's cleanliness you want then Meriton won't disappoint. All the ones we've stayed in are pristine - and very modern and well equipped.

Edited by Bobal

I would equate them to Condo's such as those in Hawaii, Maui although they are not privately owned. The Meriton ones come as Studio, 1 to 3 bedroom.

Many cruisers i know have stayed in these. Meriton Pitt St is smack bang in the centre of downtown.

Condo that's the term I was searching for.

We are staying in Sydney one night pre-cruise and possibly one night post-cruise so would like a hotel at or near the airport. However, we have 4 nights between our New Zealand cruise and our Australia cruise. Are you able to book the Meriton for less than a full week?

We are staying in Sydney one night pre-cruise and possibly one night post-cruise so would like a hotel at or near the airport. However, we have 4 nights between our New Zealand cruise and our Australia cruise. Are you able to book the Meriton for less than a full week?

They take bookings for just a day

I would recommend that you stay pre-cruise and post-cruise in the city, close to the rail line, rather than near the airport. If your ship leaves from the Overseas Passenger Terminal, I suggest you select a hotel near Circular Quay/The Rocks.

Any thoughts on the Russell Hotel in the Rocks for a single woman? I've stayed at Marriott Circular Quay before, but would like something more unique.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never stayed there, but I think it may be a tad noisy, it's a pub (think bar).

Good to know. Thanks, that's why I asked!

Someone who has stayed may tell us different, but I try to avoid staying in pubs as a rule, I just find the noise too much, but then I am a light sleeper.

Any thoughts on the Russell Hotel in the Rocks for a single woman? I've stayed at Marriott Circular Quay before, but would like something more unique.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are looking for a hotel unique to Sydney, I highly recommend the waterfront Pier One Sydney Harbour, built on one of the old wharves.

https://www.pieronesydneyharbour.com.au/?gclid=CIrtvbzZv8wCFYGavAodBp8MiQ

It is safe to walk solo in this area, as it is near the popular Sydney Theatre Company's theatres, and a short walk to Circular Quay.

If you are looking for a hotel unique to Sydney, I highly recommend the waterfront Pier One Sydney Harbour, built on one of the old wharves.

It is safe to walk solo in this area, as it is near the popular Sydney Theatre Company's theatres, and a short walk to Circular Quay.

Yep love Pier One, but about 10 times the price (well maybe 5) of the Russell.

Yep love Pier One, but about 10 times the price (well maybe 5) of the Russell.

Actually just had a look Pier one have some pretty good deals at the moment. We're going to the Sydney Theatre co in August may end up booking there yet.

Actually just had a look Pier one have some pretty good deals at the moment. We're going to the Sydney Theatre co in August may end up booking there yet.

Off topic - what are you going to see? I love STC and take in as many shows as possible during my visits to Sydney.

Thank you for the tip. I've walked by it and definitely agree it meets the unique criterion. I may need to hoard my Marriott points!

I really love the Meriton serviced apartments on Pitt St. My work always puts me up at the Sebel in Surry Hills and it is nice but it is a LOT further away.

Sebel is too far out for a visitor, in my opinion

• 1 month later...

We stayed in the Meriton Campbell Street for one week a couple of years ago after a cruise and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was great to have a kitchenette and laundry in the apartment! The apartment was spotless. The Staff were friendly and accommodating.

We stayed one night at the Meriton Pitt Street pre-cruise last year. Another great experience! Highly recommend Meriton properties. We plan to stay with them again next year post cruise.