Question about Jacksonville port

fee

Agree, some people park off-site or at a hotel. For the money and the ease I say just park at the port, easy on, easy off and away you go!

About 2-3 years ago someone passed away on a cruise and there was a delay before departure to allow for the body to be removed. Some noses got bent out of shape but otherwise it's smooth sailing....

Have your boarding passes ready to get in the gate to the port.

Your view of the ship from the parking lot (This is Fascination in Feb.)

P1000001_zpsipdyhmnb.jpg

View of the parking lot from your ship:

P1000021_zpss9376z38.jpg

P1000022_zpsknizldxs.jpg

When you enter, the traffic pattern directs you past the terminal where you drop off your checked bags, then go and park. But if you are only doing carry-on, you can go straight to the lot. If you end up in the far reaches of the lot, there are stretch golf cart type shuttles to take you to and from the terminal. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

In April I stayed at a hotel by airport and parked for $5 per day and they gave me the name of a shuttle to the port for $8 each way, very easy and if I cruise out of Jacksonville again I will do the same worked out real well for me.

Ive done jax port twice already the first time I stayed at the Holiday Inn on New berlin which is literally the closest hotel if my memory serves me correctly and the second time we just parked at the port due to the fact we planned parking at a cheaper place to arrive and find out it was closed down!! Parking was real close about as close as any port ive been too. I go on the elation on May 2nd and we are going to stay the night before at a hotel and just uber to the port and uber back to get the car.

Spirit class ships can - and have - fit under the bridge. After you check in and they send you to the rows of chairs to wait for boarding, go over to the wall where they have large photos of ships going under the bridge. Last time we were there, security people were 'briefing' some Coase Guard people, cadets, I think. The said one picture the ship looks like it is listing, but that was intentions. There was construction and scaffolding on the Dames Point bridge, decreasing clearance, and the captain had to shift ballast and maneuver rudder to tilt the ship to clear the bridge. EM

• 2 months later...
Are you parking or flying into port? We are trying to figure out where to stay for our family cruise in March plus park our car during the cruise as we are driving from TN.

I drove from East Tennessee in April and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn airport and it worked out great for me.

I believe the closest hotel to the port is the Holiday Inn, literally 1 mile to the port....we stayed there in May for a cruise on the Elation. The port parking lot was literally only 1/3 full....I literally parked the car at noon and was on the Lido deck after dropping off my carryons in my room, cocktail in hand by 1 pm....great port....parking was I think $75 for a 5 night cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten