Voom Surf? or Surf+Stream?

So, my question is: Do you register a certain device or does it mean One device can be connected at a time?

I have my tablet and my phone. I don't usually carry my phone around during the day when at the pool, but I do take my tablet. I may take phone with me in the evenings as it is smaller than tablet and fits in my pocket or purse. So I may have some pics on each device and would like to be able to post from either device.

It's one device at a time ... so you should be fine. When you initially connect to the ship's wifi you'll need to input your info (I think reservation # or other info associated with your reservation)

You will need to make sure to completely log out of the ship's wifi before you connect another device

So, my question is: Do you register a certain device or does it mean One device can be connected at a time?

I have my tablet and my phone. I don't usually carry my phone around during the day when at the pool, but I do take my tablet. I may take phone with me in the evenings as it is smaller than tablet and fits in my pocket or purse. So I may have some pics on each device and would like to be able to post from either device.

You can use both devices, but only one at a time. If you type logoff.com in the browser, you can then logon to another device.

It's one device at a time ... so you should be fine. When you initially connect to the ship's wifi you'll need to input your info (I think reservation # or other info associated with your reservation)

You will need to make sure to completely log out of the ship's wifi before you connect another device

You can use both devices, but only one at a time. If you type logoff.com in the browser, you can then logon to another device.

Thank you, then I only need to buy for 1 device. Leaving in a little over a week, so I guess I will do this. Seems like a pretty good deal

I probably won't trust the lower level will work as well as Voom used on Oasis before tiers until feedback from pax who bought it . Wasn't that much more to get w streaming for one device.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Going on the Anthem cruise in may and trying to determine if I want the voom or voom stream. I will use web browsing, imessage, facebook, eamail etc and switch back and forth from my ipad to iphone. WOnt be watching movies most likely.

Thanks

Going on the Anthem cruise in may and trying to determine if I want the voom or voom stream. I will use web browsing, imessage, facebook, eamail etc and switch back and forth from my ipad to iphone. WOnt be watching movies most likely.

Thanks

All you should need is basic surf, not stream.

Thanks so my roommate and I can split the 2 device package and each use as many devices but with 2 devices logged in at any given time? IE ipads logged in while in the room and iphones while running around the ship.

Thanks

All you should need is basic surf, not stream.

Thanks so my roommate and I can split the 2 device package and each use as many devices but with 2 devices logged in at any given time? IE ipads logged in while in the room and iphones while running around the ship.

Thanks

Yes, no problem. As long as now more than two devices are logged in simultaneously, you can use any number of different devices.

I guess we won't know for sure until we get reports back from a ship with the two-tier internet speed, but I would not be surprised if the lower speed service would be able to handle the bandwidth for voice calls.

I think it has the speed to handle it, but they block the Ports the apps need to do VOIP. It is simple to do on a technical standpoint and thus more people will upgrade to the stream package. The ports will be open. My home router has it where I can click a button and block all VOIP ports to make sure my internet isn't being hogged by my sister.

I think it has the speed to handle it, but they block the Ports the apps need to do VOIP. It is simple to do on a technical standpoint and thus more people will upgrade to the stream package. The ports will be open. My home router has it where I can click a button and block all VOIP ports to make sure my internet isn't being hogged by my sister.

I'm surprised the apps just don't tunnel their VOIP traffic over 443, which would not be blocked.

On Ovation now and then surf & stream is $17.99 a day for one device, glad I didn't wait to book it

The diff pre-cruise and on board seems to be $5/day - so anyone with a discount ($20 for D and $40 for D+) can do the math to see where the break even point is - if STREAM is really needed.

We are looking to purchase the VOOM Surf package for 2 devices under the 30% off sale for our June 5 cruise. The prices that we are getting online, however, are confusing. Here is what I am seeing - can anyone help?

Surf package for 1 device = $9.99/day. Times 7 days = $69.93. Total price showing up in my cart is $63.63. (Cool! A bit less than expected!)

Surf package for 2 devices = $16.99/day. Times 7 days = $118.93. Total price showing up in my cart is $152.53. Why is it basically charging me for two extra days??

Do I just need to call? Thanks.

We are looking to purchase the VOOM Surf package for 2 devices under the 30% off sale for our June 5 cruise. The prices that we are getting online, however, are confusing. Here is what I am seeing - can anyone help?

Surf package for 1 device = $9.99/day. Times 7 days = $69.93. Total price showing up in my cart is $63.63. (Cool! A bit less than expected!)

Surf package for 2 devices = $16.99/day. Times 7 days = $118.93. Total price showing up in my cart is $152.53. Why is it basically charging me for two extra days??

Do I just need to call? Thanks.

If you are sure you are not choosing more devices and/or the stream package, then I would call C&A. Others have been reporting strange website pricing.

Edited by clarea

I am a first-time Royal cruiser but have enrolled in C&A - can I still call them, or should I just use the regular number?

Try calling C&A first, they seem the most helpful to me. You can always call the regular number if C&A can't help.

Well, the C&A person was terrific - got my husband and daughter signed up and attached to the reservation. She was seeing the same strange pricing on her end, so a supervisor is looking into it and will call me back.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Well, the C&A person was terrific - got my husband and daughter signed up and attached to the reservation. She was seeing the same strange pricing on her end, so a supervisor is looking into it and will call me back.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Good, hope it works out for you. I'm very curious what their explanation will be about the price discrepancy.