Is a New Top Level in The Voyager's Club in the Offing?

Skier52

As in why do the crew need to know, as every one should be treated the same? The original Elite guests should be looked after and the new guests to the same level especially if MSC want to keep the custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did and do not understand why you feel the need to inform the crew of the loyalty scheme if they do no already know about it? You are contradicting yourself with your responses is they way I am reading it?

Unfortunately the improvements aren't in the "Loyalty" area, Chuck. I'm making it my business when onboard to let the crew know about the Status Match programme. It's amazing how few even know it exists. I was having a chat with Ahmed of Guest Services and Alvaros, the cruise consultant, on Sinfonia last week. Ahmed hadn't heard of it and Alvaros had to confirm what I was saying.

why crew should know about status match? :rolleyes:

why crew should know about status match? :rolleyes:

Why not, GB - don't you think the crew should know about how things work on MSC ships? Since the introduction of Voyagers Club when your cruisecard now indicates your status, the crew are constantly telling me that I'm a VIP as a Black Card holder. Under the old system, everybody had the same cards (other than YC) so no-one could tell what level you were at. This is why I explain to them about the status match programme. Believe me, they find it incredible that it exists. Their understanding is that it costs a lot of money to reach the top level and are trained to treat those with Black cards as VIPs as a result. I believe they should know the truth. The only time I care about my Black Card level is at embarkation for priority boarding purposes.

MSC matched guy here. Matched to black from Marriott plat premier. Not sure i get all of the hatred towards matches. Imagine, the cruise line is growing.

I think I'm the target customer MSC wants. I spend $65k+ on hotel rooms for business each year. Have a few million points. Usually take 2-3 trips per year for vacation and stay for free. End up spending $5-7k each trip on "stuff" besides the (free) room.

I've cruised once before in my life. 15 yrs ago on the ship that Royal Caribbean split and added a middle section to. 4 nights. Never really thought about cruising again. Well, since the match last month I'm booked on 2 cruises w MSC. One in March 2017, on November 2017. The match clearly worked for me!

Why not start a thread on here and see how many OF US Have made a repeat booking? And may I be No 1?

Number 3!

And I haven't even sailed the first one yet! November on the Divina and 2018 on the Seaside!

Edited by suzyed

At the end of the day, if MSC wants the business and repeat passengers, then ALL passengers should be treated equally as VIP's and the status match/ loyalty card should just bring with it some extra perks!

Why not, GB - don't you think the crew should know about how things work on MSC ships? Since the introduction of Voyagers Club when your cruisecard now indicates your status, the crew are constantly telling me that I'm a VIP as a Black Card holder. Under the old system, everybody had the same cards (other than YC) so no-one could tell what level you were at. This is why I explain to them about the status match programme. Believe me, they find it incredible that it exists. Their understanding is that it costs a lot of money to reach the top level and are trained to treat those with Black cards as VIPs as a result. I believe they should know the truth. The only time I care about my Black Card level is at embarkation for priority boarding purposes.

What exactly is VIP treatment ????

MSC matched guy here. Matched to black from Marriott plat premier. Not sure i get all of the hatred towards matches. Imagine, the cruise line is growing.

I think I'm the target customer MSC wants. I spend $65k+ on hotel rooms for business each year. Have a few million points. Usually take 2-3 trips per year for vacation and stay for free. End up spending $5-7k each trip on "stuff" besides the (free) room.

I've cruised once before in my life. 15 yrs ago on the ship that Royal Caribbean split and added a middle section to. 4 nights. Never really thought about cruising again. Well, since the match last month I'm booked on 2 cruises w MSC. One in March 2017, on November 2017. The match clearly worked for me!

I'm matched, too. I would think that's what MSC wants/needs to crack the Caribbean/U.S. market in any significant ways.

They want the people who are premium travelers to try their product. I was matched by my NCL status.

To jump start what looks to be an attempt for MSC to expand, they're going after the potential customers they want on their ships, those that travel a lot and have elevated status with other cruise lines.

Leaving in a month. We'll see how they compare.

I'm matched, too. I would think that's what MSC wants/needs to crack the Caribbean/U.S. market in any significant ways.

They want the people who are premium travelers to try their product. I was matched by my NCL status.

To jump start what looks to be an attempt for MSC to expand, they're going after the potential customers they want on their ships, those that travel a lot and have elevated status with other cruise lines.

Leaving in a month. We'll see how they compare.

I could not agree with you more, MSC is looking to book experienced cruises.We were matched to Black with NCL Platinum, not the reason we booked MSC. We wanted to try something different that offered an experience similar to the Haven.