Voom 30% off, I have ????'s

LOL! I just tried a search on the Royal Website to see if there is a more detailed explanation of VOOM Surf vs. VOOM stream and surf. I specifically want to know if WhatsApp will work with the cheaper VOOM surf... Well here are the results of my search:

d05d43b981e68fbf5e0dc6e169894c0e.jpg

In case the text is too small to read, it says:

"You Asked: Voom

We substituted "room" in your query because we found nothing for "voom"

APDMOM

Edited by APDMOM
typo

Our pre cruise planner for the Adventure is advertising Voom with the 30% discount. If you buy the single internet package you can use as many devices that you have but must log them off and on one at a time.

We have read that you get the 30% discount and then a small onboard credit when you get onboard if you were Diamaond or Plus. As new diamond members we are just going to wait until onboard to buy.

For those who were questioning if there is a speed difference between the packages, the answer is no. I just got off the phone with C&A and she contacted another department and was told they make the bandwidth less for the "VOOM SURF VOYAGE PACKAGE" so you cannot stream anything.

I also found out for anyone who is C&A Gold Member on ship it's only a 10% discount so it is worth the 30%.

Edited by ken_nyc

For those who were questioning if there is a speed difference between the packages, the answer is no. I just got off the phone with C&A and she contacted another department and was told they make the bandwidth less for the "VOOM SURF VOYAGE PACKAGE" so you cannot stream anything.

News flash, speed = bandwidth. I don't believe anyone has posted their finding with the two tier speed in place yet - no one has any idea what is supported on which speed. I would place ZERO trust on what any phone rep tells you on this topic.

News flash, speed = bandwidth. I don't believe anyone has posted their finding with the two tier speed in place yet - no one has any idea what is supported on which speed. I would place ZERO trust on what any phone rep tells you on this topic.

Not necessarily a blanket speed difference. If the system is sophisticated enough, they can block or rate limit certain content types.

Not necessarily a blanket speed difference. If the system is sophisticated enough, they can block or rate limit certain content types.

Maybe the obvious ones, but after I watched a live stream (2 hrs) of a football game on Legend 2 years ago (which needs at least 1MBs) I don't think there's anything sophisticated about RCI's IT BW throttling. Yes, Netflix may be blocked on the SURF package, but some huge attachment to an e-mail may download just as fast as if you had SURF+STREAM. Until someone actually speed tests this with various content, everything is a guess. Oh, and this could vary from ship to ship so one can't make generalizations based on one ship speed test.