Staggered check in @ Port Canaveral?

ryano

Is this the letter everyone gets for staggered check in at other ports?

April 22, 2016

Hi there!

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Magic. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, if you have flexible travel plans, please arrange to arrive for check-in between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM. For those guests who purchased Carnival transfers, your check-in time will coincide with your transfers and arrival time at the pier.

We highly recommend you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure time of 4:00 PM. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time.

Lastly, if you have not yet registered for your cruise online, please take a moment to do so now as it will speed up your check-in at the pier. Visit us at http://www.carnival.com/onlinecheckin to register and print your boarding pass.

We can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

Sorry but its not fair a person that can check in at 11am and a person that must check in at 3pm you tell me who has more fun!

It's perfectly fair and there's nothing to indicate the person checking in later couldn't have more fun than a person who had checked in early. Unless, of course, you are judging "more fun" based on a couple hours more of drinking, buffet and walking around.

For me, I would have more fun because I wouldn't have to wait in long check-in lines, wait for boarding call and then move at a snail's pace behind people who walk like zombies onto the ship. Arriving later avoided all that and I breeze through check-in and walk right onto the ship with literally no one else. That might not be fun for you but it is for me.

StolidCruiser so if I were to get boarding at 2:30 lets say, I check out of the hotel which is usually by 11am, I have to find a place to sit for hours, eat breakfast and lunch then go to the ship, check in and its pretty much right to the muster station then go and unpack and its early evening/NIGHT. Yes that would make me mad, but fortunately for me I be platinum....its not fair to other people. :mad:

I just don't understand you mentioning of these "long lines" I NEVER been on a line with more than 20 people ahead of me and Carnival always has an abundant of people working checking passengers in and goes very rapidly for me. I do go in early morning so perhaps that is why I never had a line, and when I was not platinum would purchase FTTF so I guess that explains why I never had a line. :roll eyes:

Honestly, I don't mind lines of course I rather not have them but its LIFE....lines at airport security, lines at check in at airport, lines for dining in restaurants, lines to get onto airplane, lines at hotels to check in, its just part of life, I don't let lines get the best of me, patience is a virtue I say.

Again, I do walk right in and always in the first group of passengers after weddings to get on the ship. :D

Some people are boarding at eleven are starting their cruise earlier. A paid for day. I will never board a ship after noon. I make sure of that.

If Carnival is not allowing people on til 3 pm that is a fourth of their day they paid for not being used. They have to pay for breakfast and lunch. Is Carnival refunding these funds because if they were on the ship they would be free.

Wake up Carnival you are pushing people away.

Deborahjo I so much agree with you neither would we.

Honestly, to me its discrimination if you think about, sorry but that is how I see it all....no arguments please because everybody has the right here to their opinion.

Discrimination? Really? :rolleyes: I love when people throw out terms when they clearly have no idea what they mean.

The problem is solved by picking an early check in time. Simple.

I've been to port canaveral and the lines were terrible. I think it's an awesome way to handle crowds. And I wouldn't be surprised to see this same concept rolls out to other lines as they see how well it is working on carnival.

And I've read a lot of the posts where people talk about their experiences. And most seem to agree that it is working well. Only a few that just want to complain have an issue with it.

Pick your check in time early. It has been reported on here that people only a few weeks from their sailing date still had the option to pick the early time slots.

If you are not part of the priority group in one way or another, then be diligent about picking your time. And as has been discussed here 1,000 times, Carnival isn't nor shouldn't be concerned with how you manage your time if you have a late check in.

Port Canaveral isn't using this system yet but keep an eye out. I also heard by June. It is a good thing and thus far there have been very few negative reports from the locations that use it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BeachChik sorry but I didn't word it right sooner or later you find somebody somehow throw this word out ....mark my words...there are all kinds out there trust me.

The problem is some people book last minute, heck we have a few times ourselves when we just simply decided to get away in the next couple of weeks, chances are the very early time to board will be booked up, and they have to choose whatever is left over.

I think its wrong, what happens to a person who flies directly to the state where the port is, takes a cab to get to the pier to the ship, where the heck they suppose to go, sit hours wasting time at the airport?! :eek:

Cruizinthebest ok, didn't realize or hear of anybody that booked last minute and was able to get early boarding, thats good to know.

Sorry, but say a 7 day cruise is a 7 day cruise.....board 11am off 11am thats 7 days, if a person has to board say at 3pm that is NOT a 7 day cruise but more of a 6 1/2 day cruise or less.

Its true, PC is not using the system yet....which I am very happy about because next week my daughter and her bf coming along on the cruise also and they weren't able to purchase FTTF its sold out...so at least I know she be joining me on the ship for lunch the day boarding. On the next cruise she turns Platinum so no worries for her also but just thinking about the other passengers here.

I also heard in June PC will be using the system.

BeachChik sorry but I didn't word it right sooner or later you find somebody somehow throw this word out ....mark my words...there are all kinds out there trust me.

The problem is some people book last minute, heck we have a few times ourselves when we just simply decided to get away in the next couple of weeks, chances are the very early time to board will be booked up, and they have to choose whatever is left over.

I think its wrong, what happens to a person who flies directly to the state where the port is, takes a cab to get to the pier to the ship, where the heck they suppose to go, sit hours wasting time at the airport?! :eek:

Cruizinthebest ok, didn't realize or hear of anybody that booked last minute and was able to get early boarding, thats good to know.

Sorry, but say a 7 day cruise is a 7 day cruise.....board 11am off 11am thats 7 days, if a person has to board say at 3pm that is NOT a 7 day cruise but more of a 6 1/2 day cruise or less.

Its true, PC is not using the system yet....which I am very happy about because next week my daughter and her bf coming along on the cruise also and they weren't able to purchase FTTF its sold out...so at least I know she be joining me on the ship for lunch the day boarding. On the next cruise she turns Platinum so no worries for her also but just thinking about the other passengers here.

I also heard in June PC will be using the system.

You aren't paying for days, you pay based on the number of nights. A Saturday to Saturday is a 7 NIGHT cruise.

also remember that a person getting on early (like 11:00) and lugging their luggage around until 1:30 or so when they are allowed to enter their cabin might not be as great a start as the person getting on at 2:00 or 2:30 and just going right to their cabin.

so getting there early might not work as well for some folks. Especially with a lot of luggage and children who might be a bit excited

also remember that a person getting on early (like 11:00) and lugging their luggage around until 1:30 or so when they are allowed to enter their cabin might not be as great a start as the person getting on at 2:00 or 2:30 and just going right to their cabin.

so getting there early might not work as well for some folks. Especially with a lot of luggage and children who might be a bit excited

But people always had the option of arriving later or earlier, depending on what worked best for them. Now, they may not have the option, depending on whether there are an unlimited number of spots in each time slot. If there are an unlimited number, the new system would have very little effect on lines. :confused:

As someone who doesn't book far in advance and likes to arrive early, I will feel better after we have more data about what time slots are still available a few months before the cruise, once every cruiser is fully informed that this is mandatory and is able to select times when booking the cruise.

But people always had the option of arriving later or earlier, depending on what worked best for them. Now, they may not have the option, depending on whether there are an unlimited number of spots in each time slot. If there are an unlimited number, the new system would have very little effect on lines. :confused:

As someone who doesn't book far in advance and likes to arrive early, I will feel better after we have more data about what time slots are still available a few months before the cruise, once every cruiser is fully informed that this is mandatory and is able to select times when booking the cruise.

I was speaking to the person who posted that said it is very unfair that some people can get there early while some have to get there later and everyone would want to get there earlier to be happier. My point is that some people WANT to get there later and have a better time when they arrive later.

specifically this

Sorry but its not fair a person that can check in at 11am and a person that must check in at 3pm you tell me who has more fun!

my answer is that it could be the person who gets there at 3pm

Edited by hftmrock