Pool space on Royal

Murphey

We have been on the Regal, but that was a cold weather cruise and didn't really think about the pool. We are now going on a warm weather cruise on the Royal.

We use the pools....we actually like a place to swim. We don't need to sit right next to the pool, but we would like some proximity because well, we use the pools. In remembering the pool deck it seems like a small space for such a large ship. Plus I know the Royal doesn't have a aft pool (to spread people about!). We are Princess cruisers and all of the other ships have been great. Should we expect no more than a "dunking" experience in the pools? I am envisioning wall to wall people in the little pool which doesn't make even getting wet a pleasant experience! Calm my concerns. :eek:

I understand your concern. I doubt there will be many children on the 5/28 sailing and they seem to be the main ones in the pool. Early June in the Med. will be in the high 60's- low 70's- so it may be a bit brisk in the pool, but who knows.

The answer to your question is yes- the poolside chairs are at a premium when the weather is nice. It looks to me like you are on a port intensive cruise though- and that means most people won't be using the pool until after they get back from their excursions (after 2PM)- so I'd get in there while the getting is good.

I can tell you to skip Gibraltar if you want a pool day. I wasn't impressed with the people or Gibraltar.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

The retreat pool at the front of the ship will be the place to go. Adults only, lots of loungers, and a bar nearby. We sailed both the Regal and Royal in the Caribbean this year and didn't have a problem finding a spot. The only down side is that it can be quite windy there at the front.

The retreat pool at the front of the ship will be the place to go. Adults only, lots of loungers, and a bar nearby. We sailed both the Regal and Royal in the Caribbean this year and didn't have a problem finding a spot. The only down side is that it can be quite windy there at the front.

We also enjoyed the retreat pool on the Royal, The tub is also on the bar side and can easily order drinks.

The lack of pools on the a Royal is a major mistake, especially with a lot o families on board certain sailings. If you have children you have 1 pool area tu use, Good luck if that's you

Actually during our sailing the adult pool in retreat area was always packed. We sailed with our 2 kids April 12th -22nd. Plenty of room to swim in main pool in the mornings but afternoon sea days could get quite busy in there. I much preferred the main pool even when my kids were in the kids club. More action, music etc.

Edited by sunsurf

The lack of pools on the a Royal is a major mistake, especially with a lot o families on board certain sailings. If you have children you have 1 pool area tu use, Good luck if that's you

We were just on the Royal with our kids and guess we got lucky. There were a total of 33 kids on board. Was perfect!

Thanks to all my CC friends....sounds like it won't be a problem. Plus we are doing a port intensive cruise, so people will be out and about......We have been to many of the ports, so we are going to convert a couple of ports into "sea" days!

Thanks to all my CC friends....sounds like it won't be a problem. Plus we are doing a port intensive cruise, so people will be out and about......We have been to many of the ports, so we are going to convert a couple of ports into "sea" days!

That's exactly what we did and it was great! I too was worried about pool space prior to our trip but honestly there was a lot of room. By late morning though (on sea days) all lounge chairs right at the main and smaller pool were taken, however plenty of chairs on next deck above. we would often just hang out at the edge of the pool with a drink and chit chat with new friends and take a dip every once in a while.

Enjoy! The Royal is a BEAUTIFUL ship!

Edited by sunsurf