Why does AZAMARA's fleet NEVER seems to GROW??!!

Cahpek

That would make it difficult to maintain the Azamara USP of being like a home from home. I don't think they would do that. Much more likely to try to maintain the Azamara feel. If they want to build bigger ships, then it would be more likely to be one of the other 'brands' within the company.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Both ships are now 16 years old, although after the full refurbishment they are in good condition. RCCI seem to keep ships to about the 20 year mark so if that's the case with Azamara there would need to be an announcement on new builds in the next year or so.

There was a similar thread to this about a year ago, and I remember one post were the CC member relayed a story from one of the Azamara Engineers who had told them that RCCL would not be interested in any of the remaining R ships even if they were offered to them.

The reason I recall was that the oil the R ships run on is effectively 'dirty' oil and restricts access to some port of call for environmental reasons.

There was a similar thread to this about a year ago, and I remember one post were the CC member relayed a story from one of the Azamara Engineers who had told them that RCCL would not be interested in any of the remaining R ships even if they were offered to them.

The reason I recall was that the oil the R ships run on is effectively 'dirty' oil and restricts access to some port of call for environmental reasons.

The ships are capable of running on various grades of fuel, the chief engineer on journey told me that it deepens on the rules that apply in different parts of the word with emissions.

He said they sometimes mix the grades onboard the ship to get the best and most cost effective blend.

ExcitedofHarpenden -- I was interested to read your comments on the photos of Sirena because I thought the same thing: Where did they spend $50M? As you can see from my signature we have upcoming cruises on both the reimagined Quest and new Sirena -- we want to compare both lines as it will be a first for both. BUT I am completely underwhelmed by the look of Sirena as compared to the new Azamara décor. The reds/golds, traditional florals, and dark woods in the staterooms is just not to my taste and it makes the ship look so formal and traditional while the Oceania marketing emphasizes relaxed informality so it doesn't seem to fit. I'm glad I will be on a South Pacific itinerary so I can spend lots of time on deck and in port. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photos of the Journey and the Quest in comparison. No wonder Sirena looks so dated if they reused a lot of materials.