Cheers Program (taking powerads etc off ship)

july2012

So if I ordered and stocked my room with power-aids, bottled waters to use in room and or carry off the ship to drink in ports, would I be breaking any rules?

Can I carry the power -aids/waters off the ship?

Often get thirsty middle of night and if I get Cheers program would love to have powerade or water in room on ice to drink as needed.

Edited by july2012
spelling

I'm sure somewhere in the carnival rule book theres a rule against hoarding/stockpiling items from Cheers. But there is literally ZERO way for them to enforce it unless someone is ordering 50 powerades a day. Feel free to load up the fridge with waters and powerades and drink them where you please.

I don't believe that you receive them with the cap. The rules state that all bottles and cans will be served opened. On our last cruise, they wouldn't let my brother take a beer unopened. You may want to "save-up" caps for the bottles and bring them with you to recap the bottles.

That's a good idea naz!! I would be interested to know if they serve the power aides with no lids. I don't want to stock pile but would love to walk around the ship or sit by the pool with it and for some reason it grosses be out of its open and sitting..... An open drink doesn't leave my hand so that's different:)

Powerades that we just bought all came with lids. There is the 5 minute wait but I don't see how they could keep you from ordering a bunch. Also we took waters with us to port every time we left the ship.

Cheers

-F-

I had the new enhanced cheers. When we ordered power aid or vitamin water they would open it then put the lid back on. We always took one to the room at night. We also would take one with us to shore. I would get one from coffee shop and walk off board with it in my hand. No one ever said anything. I also walked off with a coffee a couple times that I got with cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I always take an insulated tumbler and pour my drinks into it. It stays really cold and not an open drink. I have the ones with the straw and also the ones with the travel lids you just sip from. Both work great and will keep ice all night by your bed. I have Contigo and Yeti brands.

Somebody might decide to pour some booze in one of those bottles to take off the ship.

I took a little 3 oz flask with me on my last cruise with cheers, ordered a couple straight bourbons at the end of the night and had some booze for on the islands. I was never questioned bringing an empty flask back on the ship. I think it would be easy to take liquor off the ship with the powerade bottles especially since you can just trash the bottle before getting off the ship.

We did this in March with Cheers we saved up several of the Vitamin waters and even beer, (have to get the ones with the screw off caps) and recapped them and took them in a collapsible cooler with us on the beach days. Never had any problems.

We bought some silicone beer saver caps on amazon for our last RCI cruise and used those to take beer back to our room. Anytime we were heading back to the room we'd grab a beer and then put the cap on so we could enjoy them in our cabin later that night. I don't see why it wouldn't work on carnival. We saw someone else using them to take beer off the ship to the beach. They were pretty inexpensive and worked well for keeping the beer fresh for a day or two.

Good question OP. And great answers. I am ok with them taking the lid from my beer, but I would be a bit peeved if I could not have a cap for a power aide or bottled water.

Same here. Other than saving Powerade or Water for the cabin, I'd be using them in the gym. Not having caps on beverages near weight or fitness equipment = disaster and accidents waiting to happen.

Great to know this.

I always keep water by my bed at night to take a sip. And great to know I can keep a couple of vitamin waters or powerades to take off the ship in port.

The insulated tumbler is a great idea, I was thinking to take a lil soft cooler that would hold like 6 waters to keep in the room full of ice.

Same here. Other than saving Powerade or Water for the cabin, I'd be using them in the gym. Not having caps on beverages near weight or fitness equipment = disaster and accidents waiting to happen.
this. I jog outside with a bottle of water in my hand. No lid would be a big problem!

• 3 weeks later...
I don't believe that you receive them with the cap. The rules state that all bottles and cans will be served opened. On our last cruise, they wouldn't let my brother take a beer unopened. You may want to "save-up" caps for the bottles and bring them with you to recap the bottles.

On my last two cruises on Carnival every night I was able to get another can of Fosters to take back to my room - I had no problem with even needing to ask the bartender not to open it - it pays to get to know the people who look after you when you're on a cruise

Paul

I had the new enhanced cheers. When we ordered power aid or vitamin water they would open it then put the lid back on. We always took one to the room at night. We also would take one with us to shore. I would get one from coffee shop and walk off board with it in my hand. No one ever said anything. I also walked off with a coffee a couple times that I got with cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is so comical!!!! They do not trust you enough that they break the seal just to make sure you don't smuggle them off. I understand how much everyone loves Carnival, but this is a company that disrespects you at every turn, and shows their distrust for you. :cool: