Rhapsody Rough Seas

Did you have any noise issues on 4? That was out concern

I know that your problem was in a Vision Class and not sure what class you are thinking of booking now. Also, not absolutely sure this applies to a Vision Class but on Radiance Class deck 4 can be problematic if you dock anywhere where they bring the gang plank up to deck 4. The security apparatus for incoming passengers will block off a hallway and if your cabin happens to be in that hallway you will have to go all the way around to get out. Happened to my DD and she got quite tired of it.

We are looking at booking the Rhapsody again. The dates fit, although some friends have said that we are brave!

on our only ever HAL cruise we were located above the theatre, and it was very trying as had just finished nights and was sleeping a lot during the day. Would just be drifting off then the rehearsals would start! As a result our preference is always for our cabin to be sandwiched above and below. hence why we were on Deck 3 on the Rhapsody and all the subsequent shenanigans!

We are looking at booking the Rhapsody again. The dates fit, although some friends have said that we are brave!

on our only ever HAL cruise we were located above the theatre, and it was very trying as had just finished nights and was sleeping a lot during the day. Would just be drifting off then the rehearsals would start! As a result our preference is always for our cabin to be sandwiched above and below. hence why we were on Deck 3 on the Rhapsody and all the subsequent shenanigans!

Spent 28 days on RH in March. Nice ship. We were deck 8 just off the Centrum. We had a 'PV' cabin. Don't know if you've ever seen one but they are a great upgrade of an ocean view cabin. Much larger and a full size window (wall to wall, ceiling to floor {some Vision Class} and ceiling to shelf on RH and one other Vision Class). On RH the window doesn't go all the way to the floor but ends in a really nice shelf about 2 feet off the floor. The "PV's" are a recent addition to the ship and well worth the extra money. Only downside is not much in closets.

Spent 28 days on RH in March. Nice ship. We were deck 8 just off the Centrum. We had a 'PV' cabin. Don't know if you've ever seen one but they are a great upgrade of an ocean view cabin. Much larger and a full size window (wall to wall, ceiling to floor {some Vision Class} and ceiling to shelf on RH and one other Vision Class). On RH the window doesn't go all the way to the floor but ends in a really nice shelf about 2 feet off the floor. The "PV's" are a recent addition to the ship and well worth the extra money. Only downside is not much in closets.

Those were the cabins that were not available on the UK site, but are on the US site, with about 14 cabins showing as available. They are more expensive for our cruise than a guarantee Balcony, so will be giving them a miss! They do sound lovely though.

We had a PV on Rhapsody at the start of this month. Loved the cabin but would always have a balcony if the cost was not substantially higher. They are noisy at night with the music in the Centrum till 11.30/45 each night. Big doors are supposed to be kept shut but of course people do open them for access. Very loud if you are trying to sleep

Those were the cabins that were not available on the UK site, but are on the US site, with about 14 cabins showing as available. They are more expensive for our cruise than a guarantee Balcony, so will be giving them a miss! They do sound lovely though.

They are actually bigger than a regular balcony on a Vision class if I'm not mistaken.

We had a PV on Rhapsody at the start of this month. Loved the cabin but would always have a balcony if the cost was not substantially higher. They are noisy at night with the music in the Centrum till 11.30/45 each night. Big doors are supposed to be kept shut but of course people do open them for access. Very loud if you are trying to sleep

Most nights I closed the doors early. Also, I opened both the bathroom door and the two cupboard doors and a couple of bath towels wadded up under the doors. Made kind of a staggered baffle for the noise. Then the DW always has a sound machine going with white noise so it wasn't a problem for us. Did learn the hard way years ago to never book anything directly above the night club. Also, have given up on the top deck because of chair scrapping early in the morning caused by a careless cleaning crew.

I blocked Google from using my location and was able to access the US site fine. It is very different from the UK site in layout, don't understand why they don't developed one good website rather than 2 mediocre ones.

All cruise lines are similar, some did try, the problem is the regulations(prices) and the offers are always different and they would just get things wrong US development/web specification teams would mess up the UK prices.

You can look at UK prices on .com and they don't include taxes UK/EU prices have to.

.De is different from both.

I know you want to use the credit but don't get fixated on RCI and using it ASAP find the best match to get a holiday if that is using the credit that is a bonus.

There is time for the credit.

(also I have a feeling you can't use the credit for taxes in the US perhaps someone can confirm?

The BOGOH/AI is still on Oct cruises but prices are higher.

I've looked at all the cruises for our dates across different lines and Rhapsody is still coming out top.

As we are in the middle of fertility treatment, if it works that potentially will preclude us from cruising for a fair while, and we would be gutted if we don't get to use the voucher by the time it expires in April 2018!

A bit of urgency then, I think it was mentioned before but I forgot.

Rhapsody it is and now you can focus on squeezing the best deal out of RCI.

Maybe if things go well by Sept the Drinks package won't be an issue(for you)

Email sent to Stuart Leven, addressing both the issue of the compensation arrangements (those staying on board getting the same as those disembarked) and the Future Cruise Certificate booking issues. I have asked for our amount of compensation to be pooled between us, and for a free All Inclusive package.

Fingers crossed we will get some feedback before our cruise sells out!

I think you've already noticed, but just making sure. On the US site outside cabins are selling for just 59 USD pp more than interiors. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I haven't checked this evening, when I looked yesterday the Guarantee outsides were a decent price, but we just aren't willing to take a risk on our location at this stage!

Royal Caribbean have just informed me that for a Cat F cabin we will have to pay £468 on top of the value of the voucher, excluding gratuities. Our do -over cruise is not going to be cheap. I am still on hold, while to supervisor checks if we can combine our certificates....

Yeah, we have finally booked! I spoke to a supervisor who was able to get approval to apply the whole value of the voucher to the booking. In the end we are paying £333 for our 11 night cruise, which is pretty much the taxes and charges. At £17 per night each, this would barely cover a two course meal in our local pub! We are so pleased that RC have seen sense.

We will still be following up with the UK office about other issues, but are just happy to have something booked.

Thanks to all who have supported and advised me (us) in the last month, with some very wise information and advice.

Rhapsody 26th September here we come!

Well done, nice to get those credit used and have something to look forward too.

You have been a star dealing with this.

Good for you! Have a good cruise--you deserve it. :D

Thanks, it does feel like this has been going on for ever! My husband is impressed with my persistence, and I feel pleased to have fought our case. My supervisor at work criticised me at my appraisal for shying away from confrontation and difficult conversations, hopefully this will give me the confident to stand up for myself a bit more!

Thanks, it does feel like this has been going on for ever! My husband is impressed with my persistence, and I feel pleased to have fought our case. My supervisor at work criticised me at my appraisal for shying away from confrontation and difficult conversations, hopefully this will give me the confident to stand up for myself a bit more!

Very glad to hear you've got your cabin confirmed. I hope your makeup cruise is wonderful!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk