Rhapsody Rough Seas

Good news, most of our refund money was received today, directly in to our bank account.

Bad news, we are £50 short, so it does seem that the TA has deducted an admin charge. We are fuming! Stroppy email sent.

Good for you. RC will not be happy they kept part of your refund. Glad you got the rest.

Good news, most of our refund money was received today, directly in to our bank account.

Bad news, we are £50 short, so it does seem that the TA has deducted an admin charge. We are fuming! Stroppy email sent.

Instead of an email why don't you call Royal directly. If this TA is keeping money that doesn't belong to them Royal needs to know about it....And sounds like this TA deserves to be trashed.

And for any Brits on the board, the TA's are a big cruise website,where you can review your cruise and they will give you a free book. No names though, obvs.

If it is who I think it is they run their own forum

They do read their forums so that will be a good start.

There are some they can do no wrong posters on there.

hey also have a Q&A and facebook page

Ruthie, I've followed this thread from the start as we were on the following Rhapsody cruise. I know exactly to which TA you are referring. It is disgraceful. However, as we in the UK know, phoning RCCL is a nightmare with their foreign call centre. Do you have a US number you've been using that you could Skype?

I have been dealing with one guy at Customer Relations in the US who has been dealing with our whole claim all along, even other messages I have sent are replied to by him! For traceability and practicality I tend to use email rather than phone.

When I did call to book our replacement cruise I asked the person answering to ring me back... 0345 numbers are soooo expensive, I think I would be cheaper calling the US!

you don't have use the 0345 No.

there are standard landlines.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

has loads of options for many companies

if dealing with someone they should give you a standard direct line to call.

Is that £50 charge in the T&C of the TA I will have a good look as that and any other clause that would be a breach of ABTA code of conduct.

I have looked again at my booking, it appears that the amount that has been withheld is actually the booking fee. Will need to clarify with the TA what the amount of the cheque they received was, as RCL have given me some duff payment amounts before!

RCL just rang me and confirmed they did repay the whole amount, and that it must be my TA who has made the deduction. I explained how useless my TA had been, and RCL have said they refund us the £50 so that we can draw a line under the whole thing :-)

So that is that. All money refunded, new cruise booked. A tale to tell the Grandchildren, and a lucky escape!

RCL just rang me and confirmed they did repay the whole amount, and that it must be my TA who has made the deduction. I explained how useless my TA had been, and RCL have said they refund us the £50 so that we can draw a line under the whole thing :-)

So that is that. All money refunded, new cruise booked. A tale to tell the Grandchildren, and a lucky escape!

Yay, so glad for you. Closure! Time for a new TA, though.

I wouldn't touch our TA again with a barge pole! Think will stick with booking direct, we can get Cash back and no credit card fee, and UK TAs never seem to be able to save is more than about £100 anyway

When I priced a cruise direct with RCI earlier this year they were prepared to offer a small incentive and with flights you can try to get them to throw in transfers.

Will be doing a celebrity booking very soon will see what direct against ta turns up, the cruise is cheap and has got onto a couple of TA deal list this week.

I use a couple of cash back sites which are both offering 5% for booking one line. When booking our replacement cruise I was offered $50 OBC, this was before I had mentioned the vouchers!

Our TA has now refunded the credit card fee of £49.80, after I pointed out that I had already paid it when I booked the holiday. That was after they offered to take it off my next booking... eh, you really think I'll be booking with you again?!

Hello Ruthie,

You can finally close this chapter and move on to your next cruise on Rhapsody. I wish you all the luck in the world, a good health and a bunch of kids ;-)

And remember life is too short to worry all the time. Just enjoy!

Carola

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

Hang in there! It will be a great cruise...and if not third times a charm? My thoughts are with you, I really admired the way you handled the situation so I was hoping this cruise would make it up for you.

I am sure you will be fine, once you get on and relax :)

Good luck to you and best wishes.

I have just been attacked by some muppet on another thread who said this

"Yes, because Royal Caribbean should be able to control the weather, right? You aren't even on this sailing, and you are still complaining? I'm sure you are a pleasure to have onboard. Maybe you should stay on land."

I nearly linked him to this thread so you guys could all back me up on how well you think we dealt with our on-board drama.

What a ****

• 3 weeks later...

We are just waiting for our flight home, having had a fab time on our do-over cruise. Weather was amazing (didn't seven notice we were moving 99% of the time) and apart from some problems with MyTime dining it was all great.

We are glad we gave Rhapsody another chance :-)

We are just waiting for our flight home, having had a fab time on our do-over cruise. Weather was amazing (didn't seven notice we were moving 99% of the time) and apart from some problems with MyTime dining it was all great.

We are glad we gave Rhapsody another chance :-)

So happy to hear you had a wonderful time. Best wishes to you and your husband.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk