Rhapsody Rough Seas

For the first time in this whole incident, I am actually close to tears.

As "compensation" we received a Future Cruise Voucher for the amounts we paid for the 24th April cruise. As we booked when the offer was Buy One get one Half Price, there is an uneven split, with mine for £847 and Hubby's for £392. We have been told that we can't combine the amounts, but was advised we could use my "extra" money towards the gratuities. This is apparently not the case.

We are trying to book the Rhapsody again for 26th September, and are going for a Superior inside, due to it being on a higher deck! But to be told that, not only have we missed out on 200 USD on board spend which ran out 2 days ago, and lost out on the free drinks package we had on 24th April cruise, but I would lose £147 of the value of my voucher, I'm so upset. The guy suggested upgrading - Balcony's cost about £1000 more - or choosing a different cruise. We have already had to wait 2 weeks to get our leave approved for these dates :-(

We are happy to give Royal Caribbean a second chance, but they have no flexibility in sorting us out with reasonable deal.

Not even going to bother trying to book with our TA either, we are still waiting for our refund over 2 weeks after they received it.

Grrrrrrrrrr Rant over!

I have forgotten, weren't you some of the folks told to disembark after the episode. If so, I would lean on RC for a free drink package since this is your "do over" cruise and that was part of your original cruise amenities. They could at least do that!

I have forgotten, weren't you some of the folks told to disembark after the episode. If so, I would lean on RC for a free drink package since this is your "do over" cruise and that was part of your original cruise amenities. They could at least do that!

Yes, that was us :-) I will ask when they ring back later, but I suspect that their solution will be to book in October, when the "Free" all inclusive deal comes back.

It is all frustrating as hubby and I both have to arrange our vacation time, and it takes aaaaaaaaaages!

Yes, that was us :-) I will ask when they ring back later, but I suspect that their solution will be to book in October, when the "Free" all inclusive deal comes back.

It is all frustrating as hubby and I both have to arrange our vacation time, and it takes aaaaaaaaaages!

I would tell them about vacations and ask if the intent was to provide a similar experience planned for your new cruise that was expected on the original cruise. Ask for a supervisor if the person isn't helpful. . That included a free alcohol package. Ask to speak to a supervisor if the person isn't helpful.

Edited by internetwhiz

I would agree that you need to be persistent in being an advocate for yourself. You have been a model of restraint through this whole story.

While it is not always the case, I have found polite and firm people who refuse to take no for answer often eventually get the answer they want. . . . you certainly deserve it. good luck!

If they really will not budge I would think this is the time to contact someone higher, I would email Stuart Leven head of RCL UK.

SLeven@rccl.com

It seems to me you have been more than fair with them and deserve a new cruise with the same conditions that you missed out on.

Julie

If they really will not budge I would think this is the time to contact someone higher, I would email Stuart Leven head of RCL UK.

SLeven@rccl.com

It seems to me you have been more than fair with them and deserve a new cruise with the same conditions that you missed out on.

Julie

Great idea!

You have been a MODEL customer for Royal Caribbean through this whole ordeal. I would be persistent, and perhaps link them to this thread. It is clear you are more than reasonable and it should also be clear to RCL that you have a large fan base who wishes RCL will step up and do the right thing.

RCL........if you're out there, we are all watching.

Thanks for all you support and ideas. We have decided to leave things a couple of days (the sales guy didn't call me back, think he was scared of me having another moan!) , and will take the advice of emailing the UK boss. The cruise doesn't look like it is likely to sell out in the next few days.

Do you guys think it is worth providing him with our account of what happened?

Thanks for all you support and ideas. We have decided to leave things a couple of days (the sales guy didn't call me back, think he was scared of me having another moan!) , and will take the advice of emailing the UK boss. The cruise doesn't look like it is likely to sell out in the next few days.

I don't think it would hurt to attach your account of things. In the email I would focus on what my original cruise would have included, and ask that I be provided with the same for my "do over" cruise, especially the alcohol package. It's not like you had a choice in disembarking.

Good luck. You deserve this.

Absolutely. I had a problem a couple of years ago and he put me in touch with someone who sorted it out in a couple of days.

Good luck, I'm sure you will get this resolved,

Julie

Don't forget to check US pricing & perks.

I transferred a US$ credit to a UK booking should work the other way.

Thanks, I had not thought of doing that.

Can't get on to the US RC website, as it redirects me, but looking at Expedia they have Buy one, second gets 60% off, which means we can get better value from our vouchers. Also getting 100$ of OBC, and a free speciality dining meal.

Would RC allow us to book using the US deal? Does Expedia match what RCs offer is?

Thanks, I had not thought of doing that.

Can't get on to the US RC website, as it redirects me, but looking at Expedia they have Buy one, second gets 60% off, which means we can get better value from our vouchers. Also getting 100$ of OBC, and a free speciality dining meal.

Would RC allow us to book using the US deal? Does Expedia match what RCs offer is?

Expedia is tricky, not all perks are equal with some of the larger agencies, so no way to tell for sure. I would not at all mind looking up your cruise from the RCL us website and posting a screen shot of the price from the US rcl website (including all amenities offered) if that would help you out in anyway. I'd just need the exact category and sailing date you are looking at.

To put things in context the regulations are money back or a substitute.

Remember for this DIY substitute you have your refund and your credit to replace your cruise. Balcony are crazy prices on that Sept trip.

For usa bookings you will probably need a TA, I deal with one by email after I have got my base fare package worked out. I have done holds on RCI site but not gone through to payment.

Usually same as RCI with extra OBC depending how much is getting spent.

Will see if I can get a link for the Sept trip.

I will get Hubby to do his Geeky thing this evening, see if we can get in!

We are looking at a H Outside for 2 Gold C&A adults, 26September.

I'm not sure any US TAs would be interested as I don't think they get commission on the value of the voucher :-(

this is what I get for C&A D H

pax1

Cruise Fare $1,399.00 USD*

Taxes & Fees $108.43 USD*

pax2

Cruise Fare $1,399.00 USD*

Taxes & Fees $108.43 USD*

Discounts & Credits

60% Off Guest 2 - $840.00 USD*

Crown & Anchor Rates - $33.00 USD* (Diamond)

Average cost per person$1,070.93 USD*

Grand Total

$2,141.86 USD

Not sure if that is any better than the UK.

Chances are there will be another UK promotion before long

Don't forget to check EU prices I use RCI Germany for that there is a choice on the country menu of german or english

As you know exactly what you want the commission may be reduced but there is little work and the cruise counts on the quota for volume bonus.

I would work on the UK office for a bit longer for something like the drinks as a gesture.

Not sure which way that cruise will go but Sept prices can hold up, despite the kids being back at school, I think those that want to travel without kids jump in before the weather turns.

I'm sure if you contacted the higher ups in the UK you could use all the voucher and get the drink package, why not just give it a try, the worst that can happen is they say no:)

Julie

I think you are right, prices seem high compared to what we expected. We need to try and keep October free for my high school 20 year reunion and a wedding, but hoping the start of the month will stay nice weather wise.

Will email RCL tonight, see what happens

I found very similar to insidecabin:

Cat H. Departing Sept 26: total with all taxes= $2174.82 US with 150 OBC and dinner for two. Not a great deal. Category I was exact same price and that would get you to deck 4. I know I moved from deck 3 to deck 4 after your fiasco.

Sending positive vibes