Rhapsody Rough Seas

Ok, will revisit this when we are all settled with RCCL. This make take a few weeks. Funny they are able to charge you straight away but refunds take weeks to process...

I also would be interested to read the follow up...

I am on Rhapsody now. I chatted to someone on a B2B whose cabin was flooded. She was not made to disembark. However, she found that the wet carpet made her wheeze with the spoofs and her BP rose dramatically. They gave her one hour to decide if she wanted to get off. Very tough on the first day of a 21 day trip!

Once the carpet was replaced she was fine though but just not happy with the way things were handled.

They gave her one hour to decide if she wanted to get off. Very tough on the first day of a 21 day trip!

Ouch, no wonder some chose to stay - I don't think she would have gotten a refund on her second sailing.

I have been checking my credit card daily.... Chances are it will go back to my travel agents, they say it hasn't arrived yet.

At the moment, out of £2400 this holiday as cost us (not even including the hotel costs in Paris) we have only had the return of £300 confirmed.

We have now had a refund of the excursion and dining package we bought direct with RCCL, this was only processed yesterday. Still awaiting the cruise fare and our independent excursion.

We have now had a refund of the excursion and dining package we bought direct with RCCL, this was only processed yesterday. Still awaiting the cruise fare and our independent excursion.

Looking forward to see the final outcome!

Looking forward to see the final outcome!

Still awaiting confirmation of when we will get our cruise fare back, and no word on the private excursion. I was hoping to have the whole thing resolved before I go back to work on Monday, but that is not to be.

I am also running all sorts of permutations of future cruises through my brain, back to backs, ex UK, Med, Caribbean... complicated by needing to get annual leave approved for both of us. Add to this that we are in the middle of fertility treatment, and can't book too far in advance in case it works! Also twigged today that Caribbean is presumably out due to Zika.

My brain is also being frazzled by our Future Cruise Voucher. BOGO fares really complicate pricing!

Not making any excuses, but........

I was talking with someone at RC today, and she said that Resolutions is swamped and backed up, still dealing with the fallout from the Empress cancellations and rebookings.

(of course, after she told me that, my amended invoices came almost immediately)

:)

Not making any excuses, but........

I was talking with someone at RC today, and she said that Resolutions is swamped and backed up, still dealing with the fallout from the Empress cancellations and rebookings.

(of course, after she told me that, my amended invoices came almost immediately)

:)

Ahhhh right. That could explain it. I'm thinking that the Future Cruise Cert came through so quickly (2 days) as it came from the UK office.

It's just a bit frustrating as I sent a really well laid out email with an itemised list of claims, and the reply I got didn't even address half of the items I queried.

Still awaiting confirmation of when we will get our cruise fare back, and no word on the private excursion. I was hoping to have the whole thing resolved before I go back to work on Monday, but that is not to be.

I am also running all sorts of permutations of future cruises through my brain, back to backs, ex UK, Med, Caribbean... complicated by needing to get annual leave approved for both of us. Add to this that we are in the middle of fertility treatment, and can't book too far in advance in case it works! Also twigged today that Caribbean is presumably out due to Zika.

My brain is also being frazzled by our Future Cruise Voucher. BOGO fares really complicate pricing!

Oh MY!

Let me help with one thing:

You should price and reserve the cruise that you want at the price that is acceptable to you.

You then apply the dollar amount of your FCC as part (or all) of your payment.

THAT part is relatively easy.

Oh MY!

Let me help with one thing:

You should price and reserve the cruise that you want at the price that is acceptable to you.

You then apply the dollar amount of your FCC as part (or all) of your payment.

THAT part is relatively easy.

Except that the £ amount is not evenly split between hubby and I. Would this cause problems? Also, if we can't use the voucher towards the deposit, do we still have to pay the £300 in cash up front?

The water wasn't that deep in our cabin, perhaps 2 inches, it was moving towards the centre of the ship with the movement.

Reminds me of when I worked a couple of years for a university public safety department. We had some inventive future leaders of the free world flood the basement apartments of a dorm on commencement eve to create a slip and slide on the main hallway carpet. Talk about stink. Who knows what was in that water? :eek:

Edited by Big_G

Except that the £ amount is not evenly split between hubby and I. Would this cause problems? Also, if we can't use the voucher towards the deposit, do we still have to pay the £300 in cash up front?

1. I honestly don't know about "not using it for a deposit." Never tried.

2. Are you already looking at a specific cruise? Would your FCC cover the entire thing? If so, then they have to take it, deposit and all.

3. If it's not split evenly between you and your husband, that's BS. But if you are cruising with him again, ultimately it won't matter, as long as both FCCs are applied to the new cruise. "Six of one, half dozen of the other", as we say.

We had a future cruise credit that were different amounts for each of us due to pricing of the original cruise, ours were only few hundred so covered a 4n

I just told the TA the numbers when booking let them sort it out

They should have a decent time limit on them and be usable on a UK or US booking.

This reassure me! I think I'm overcomplicating things in my mind.

We have two years to use the voucher, so we don't have to rush :-)

Edited by RuthieG

With 2 years just keep looking for a deal. I started using cruiseplum I'd does uk pricing and makes finding base price deals easy it is the addon packages that make finding best pricing hard.

Easy to overpay if not carefull.

The 11n rhapsody on the 23may came down to £369 your credits will get you a nice cruise if you are patient.

Don't let RCI fob you off on compensation(when they start looking at it) for losses package holiday regs and ABTA they need to cover everything you could not get refunded or use.

Edited by insidecabin

With 2 years just keep looking for a deal. I started using cruiseplum I'd does uk pricing and makes finding base price deals easy it is the addon packages that make finding best pricing hard.

Easy to overpay if not carefull.

The 11n rhapsody on the 23may came down to £369 your credits will get you a nice cruise if you are patient.

Don't let RCI fob you off on compensation(when they start looking at it) for losses package holiday regs and ABTA they need to cover everything you could not get refunded or use.

We didn't book as a package, we booked our flights independently so as far as I can gather we will just have to suck up the flight to Barcelona, hotel, and transfers. Our insurance won't cover anything, we are just waiting at the moment to find out if we can get "Legal Advice" under our policy to check everything out. At the moment our biggest outlay is £160 on excursions that we may or may not get.

Thanks for the advice on that website, have never heard of it before. We are going to try to book leave at a time where there are lots of cruises which match the dates so we can try for a good deal :-)

A lot of people don't realize...

Cruises are defined as package holidays even if you book flights independently claim everything and make it clear if they they say no to anything you will be using packaged holiday regs and ABTA.

Check the regulations they are slightly different once you have left to getting cancelled before you leave.

Edited by insidecabin

With RCI uk always check cruise line air(don't believe agents) on line and play with dates either side adding a hotel can cut the flightprice. they were doing Dubai for 250 and yesterday I could get Amsterdam for 140 next Friday.

A lot of people don't realize...

Cruises are defined as package holidays even if you book flights independently claim everything and make it clear if they they say no to anything you will be using packaged holiday regs and ABTA.

Check the regulations they are slightly different once you have left to getting cancelled before you leave.

I wasn't aware of that... Do you have a source that I can use as back up if and when I have to badger them?

Thanks

This reassure me! I think I'm overcomplicating things in my mind.

We have two years to use the voucher, so we don't have to rush :-)

Two years is good. We had twice in 2014 on cruises that we were offered next cruise credit, and it had to be used within a one year timeframe. Ours were never an equal amount as his always had our Crown and Anchor discount subtracted from his. This is a "non-issue". What you have gets applied.

Thanks for confirming. At the moment were are aiming for the Med in September or October but glad we have the flexibility. Maybe the two year thing is a UK thing?

I dunno. We got a full refund of fare and 25% off another cruise. We used all of it to pay off our Oasis TA, where we got another future cruise certificate.

I wasn't aware of that... Do you have a source that I can use as back up if and when I have to badger them?

Thanks

The regulations require transport and accommodation, a cruise does both.

part of the confusion is ATOL only covers packages with flights, bus holidays are also covered as packages.

if you google cruise package holiday regulations

you will find more info (a few are under TA sites so can't post links).

you do need to read the regulations.

It might be the return flight is not covered as you started the holiday but worth a try.

Did you think about getting them to fly you to the return flight airport area and grabbing a hotel and having a bit of a holiday?

We ended up jumping off our return flight in Paris and having four nights there. Our return flight that we didn't take, and the flight from Paris to Manchester have been refunded . we are writing off our pre-cruise costs. Just hoping we get our excursions refunded, and the actual cruise fare