Applying for upgrade

Spursgirl

I am booking my cruise tomorrow and am a Le Club Voyage member. If I might apply for the LCV upgrade, should I book my original stateroom as a "guarantee" or as a specific number?

Thanks. This will be our 5th Azamara cruise but the first time applying for the upgrade.

Thanks,

Mary

I am booking my cruise tomorrow and am a Le Club Voyage member. If I might apply for the LCV upgrade, should I book my original stateroom as a "guarantee" or as a specific number?

Thanks. This will be our 5th Azamara cruise but the first time applying for the upgrade.

Thanks,

Mary

You have to book a specific cabin category. Guarantees aren't eligible.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Not correct. The LCV upgrade should be applied for via the website. Here is the link and good luck!:)

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

Phil

Thank you for the link.............we used the US version of the website and have registered for an upgrade in July.

Pat & Bernadette

Dallas

Don't be too sure of getting that upgrade! I applied for it when the ship was still half empty but still wasn't considered despite my LCV status.

Now I'm stuck with a cabin in a location I didn't want and have learned my lesson. Either spend the money for a really decent cabin or don't book at all.

I would never book a cabin in a location I wasn't happy with and hope for the upgrade because it's in just those situations you won't get one!

Phil

How right you are - That's the lesson I learned the hard way and a mistake I will never repeat. But the reason is that I had my blinkers on and wanted to book Azamara while on a budget for an additional cruise and neglected to see delicious offerings on the wayside (Celebrity, HAL, even Oceania) . So that was the second lesson learned and perhaps a word of warning not to fall into the same trap!

We got an upgrade from an ocean-view to a verandah cabin last November. I would guess that it's harder to be offered an upgrade from verandah to CC suite, as there are fewer CC suites. It also depends on your status - higher level LCV members get first offers, I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We got an upgrade from an ocean-view to a verandah cabin last November. I would guess that it's harder to be offered an upgrade from verandah to CC suite, as there are fewer CC suites. It also depends on your status - higher level LCV members get first offers, I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

(bolding by me)

Don' t count on it, though - we're Discoverer plus and weren't offered anything at all with lots of open (balcony) cabins three weeks before the cruise - perhaps it took the "bottle post" too long to swim from Miami up the Rhine to us ... :cool:

But perhaps there were so many of similar status applying ? We'll never know but as I said before - I'll only book Azamara again in a cabin I have personally selected!

We applied for an upgrade from a veranda ( we are happy with) to the suite level.

Does anyone know about giving up your Azamara OBC in the unlikely event we were upgraded?

You keep any OBC. Worth saying if you prefer to stay put you can too.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

If you get offered an upgrade its a bonus, and you don't have to take it if it's one you're not happy with.

Is this correct? The not-so-fine print on the Upgrade page say you're commiting to taking the upgrade (paying for it) if it comes through:

By submitting this request, you are committing to pay $398 USD per stateroom if an upgrade becomes available.

Is this correct? The not-so-fine print on the Upgrade page say you're commiting to taking the upgrade (paying for it) if it comes through:

The travel agent is usually notified of the upgrade availability and then contacts the client to confirm. There have been reports on CC that TA's were slow in contacting and confirming, and that the upgrade offer was made to another cruiser who accepted more quickly. So I think the cruiser is not automatically assigned and charged without their approval. I think the wording is just to discourage frivolous intent.

• 10 months later...
We got the call yesterday from our travel agent. We accepted the upgrade. Then my TA said it would also be offered to our travelling companions! They too took the upgrade!

That's great for you Todd, (by your signature) if it's only your second Azamara, you're lucky people.....