Don't be late! Don't miss the ship!

LMaxwell

What isn't clear about other family members were onboard, and the father CHOSE to get off and stay with wife?

Did you read this whole thread??

All your questions are answered in the NCL press release in response to the incident

No excuse for Ncl to leave when they are literally 10 feet away from dock when the parents arrive. Hell they could hop a jet ski to traverse the 10 feet it takes to get onboard. I know Ncl waited 45 minutes already and if they pulled clear of the harbor and still no parents then so be it .....but they're on the friggin dock!

Not sure if your new to cruising or what but the bottom line is GET ON THE SHIP AT THE TIME THEY TELL YOU.....there are 4000 others on the ship, they need to be back in NY in a timely fashion. Why the HELL would they wait for 1 person.......quick answer. They dont! Bottom line. I dont feel bad for NCL at all, Rules are rules. :rolleyes:

No excuse for Ncl to leave when they are literally 10 feet away from dock when the parents arrive. Hell they could hop a jet ski to traverse the 10 feet it takes to get onboard. I know Ncl waited 45 minutes already and if they pulled clear of the harbor and still no parents then so be it .....but they're on the friggin dock!

NCL and the father made this decision together that he was going to get off and the ship would leave.. A few feet from the dock might as well be a mile with the logistics, maneuvering not to mention getting permission and getting longshoreman back to get the ship back to the dock.

Ships have sailed leaving runners behind @ Nassau (and, elsewhere) - here's one of the many on YT

This is how some lucky runners @ Bermuda managed to get onboard the BA - with a transfer pilot boat (notice that sea conditions calm & boat came to a stop in the waters ... and it's not fun)

Here, these shoppers got to walk the plank - isn't that fun

Now, who cares about the ship not returning to NYC on time or early - nobody has a flight to catch or bus/train to make ... besides, the captain can always speed up the ship as if there is a medical emergency onboard, right :eek: :rolleyes: Think for a moment -

The ones that missed the sailing time and managed to get onboard should - IMO - be assessed a late penalty surcharge for their convenience in lieu of having to fly home, etc. - and, get their names onto the "Hall of Shame" list for the cruiseline's future sailings.

LOL.. Do you know how hard it would be for the ship to redock to get the people on. They were already in the motions when she arrived.

This is exactly why we use the kids club, but never leave the kids in kids club while we go ashore. NEVER.

Not sure how many recall, but years ago the kids club used to have a policy of not allowing you to leave the kids in the kids club while both parents went ashore. If the kids were in the kids club, the parents (well at least one of them) had to be on the boat and this is exactly the reason why.

I have to say, I would never leave my son on board if both my husband and I were getting off the ship and he's 14 now. A few years ago when My son was probably around 9, we were on a Disney cruise and he was playing in the pool with a boy around his age and a little girl around 6 or 7. Brother and sister. I was talking to the kids and discovered that their parents had gotten off of the boat and just left the kids onboard to fend for themselves. I was shocked! Not even in the kids club,,just running around the ship. I don't know what the policy was then or even is now, but I wouldn't have left my son at home in our own house at that age, never mind a boat full of strangers!

I think the poster you quoted understands it correctly and see the bigger picture and not just the $$$$

Would you like it if you found out your kids were housed in the captains quarters?

Those kids had better be watched every minute they are on the ship and by more than 1 caretaker

My kid would never be left on a ship by himself. END OF STORY.

Parents are 100% at fault here.

It is selfish of the parents to go off on an excursion without their kids on a family vacation. If u are concerned about toddlers being cranky how about not going on the excursion. I can't believe people go on family vacations and leave their kids in the care of someone else. Including your children on your family vacation makes this never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And I can't believe you are serious! You handle your family vacations your way, and let others handle their family vacations their way.

For those that think my opinion is based on me not having any children are wrong. I have four children. And yes I understand how toddlers moods change. That's why I keep my kids with me on a cruise ship when I go ashore instead of leaving them behind. Maybe y'all just have ill mannered children that u don't want to spend time with. We as a family sit down and look at all the excursions available long before we cruise and select those excursions that we can participate as a family. In my 33 years of marriage and children ranging in ages from 31 to 12. We have always included our children in all of our vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bully for you! In my 36 years of marriage, we have included our children in almost all of our vacations; and on some of those vacations we have split off into different activities, including use of children's camps on land and sea.

And I'd put my well behaved now young adults up against "y'alls" kids any time.