Jade suite question

travelnut1967

We are looking at booking the Jade next year to Norway. If you book a Mini-Suite, does that also include the Haven? Also, is there a dedicated restaurant for The Haven? I thought I saw somewhere that the Cagneys restaurant was for the Haven people for breakfast and lunch. Thanks,

Mini suites are not proper suites at all, just bigger balcony rooms. You don't get any suite perks and no Haven access.

You're correct about Cagneys. There isn't a Haven restaurant on the Jade, so they use Cagneys, but just for breakfast and lunch.

Edited by KeithJenner

We are looking at booking the Jade next year to Norway. If you book a Mini-Suite, does that also include the Haven? Also, is there a dedicated restaurant for The Haven? I thought I saw somewhere that the Cagneys restaurant was for the Haven people for breakfast and lunch. Thanks,

Given all of the "suite perks", it is very unfortunate that there is a room category of "mini-suite". It is really better to consider it a "Deluxe Balcony" in terms of pecking order.

Additionally, NOT all suites get Haven access, for two reasons.

1) On some ships, there is no Haven (Sun, Dawn, etc.), so even the top suites (e.g., DOS, OS, and even GV) cannot have "Haven access";

2) On some ships with Haven, there are "plain vanilla suites" with NO Haven Access", and there are "Haven suites" that do have Haven access. In this case, the "non-Haven suites" do get all of the regular Suite "perks", but still do not have Haven access.

But the name "mini-suite" can be really misleading.

Take a look at the prices, they should help guide you, too.

On my sailing a mid-ship balcony is about $1600

A mini-suite is about $1800 pp.

A Suite is $3050 pp

A Haven Suite is $ 5150 pp

Those different prices reflect the different benefits at each level.

Stephen

I really do wish they would change the name from mini suite. It causes nothing but confusion.

I totally agree. It's asked about so often on here. NCL should call it a deluxe balcony, but I suspect they intentionally want to create the impression that a mini-suite is more than it is.

NCL should call it a deluxe balcony, but I suspect they intentionally want to create the impression that a mini-suite is more than it is.

But mini-suite originally was more than it is now, but just like with welcome sparkling wine, the extra perks went away as the Freestyle concept evolved but the name remained the same.