Upgrade Fairy Nightmare

SurferJoe57

You have every right to be furious! First they call and bother you at work and then commence to screwing with the rest of your day by messing up and cancelling. And I can tell you from experience that a mistakenly cancelled excursion is a royal PITA to get fixed!

Yes mistakes happen but you fix it CARNIVAL. Don't have me scrambling when I was diligent with planning and picked what I wanted to do well in advance. Not to mention the gifts have also been cancelled. Damn shame. Please keep us posted.

I would keep asking for supervisors until I got to someone with any sort of title then I would ask for there supervisor. I am not one to try and get money for things like this, but in this situation they either need to fix it or give you a large OBC.:eek:

Still no action. The excursion was "private cabana by the pool" in Nassau. I'd done it before, the wife really liked it.

Nassau? Where in Nassau do they have private cabanas to rent? And if yours was cancelled, it should be available again no?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That is just so wrong! And having to deal with it at work with the cruise just a week out too. I hope Carnival gets their act together and fixes it.

In case they don't, you might consider a day pass at Sandals Royal Bahamian. It would be comparable in price and a little more upscale than the other hotel day passes. It sounds like it's just you and your wife and Sandals is adults-only. Oh yeah, Sandals' private island is the other half of Carnival's Balmoral Island. That would be ironic. :)

Edited by CruisinCrow

That is just so wrong! And having to deal with it at work with the cruise just a week out too. I hope Carnival gets their act together and fixes it.

In case they don't, you might consider a day pass at Sandals Royal Bahamian. It would be comparable in price and a little more upscale than the other hotel day passes. It sounds like it's just you and your wife and Sandals is adults-only. Oh yeah, Sandals' private island is the other half of Carnival's Balmoral Island. That would be ironic. :)

To the OP, I am sorry this happened to you and agree that Carnival should accept responsibility and fix their mistake. ON THE OTHER HAND - I have just read recent reviews for this excursion and Carnival may have done you a favor. I'm not sure when you did this excursion last, but recent reviews show that the quality has declined DRAMATICALLY since 2014.

I would take the advice of the person that I quoted. Leave the stress of dealing with Carnival behind, get a full refund, and enjoy the day at Sandals. I KNOW for a fact that Sandals provide an EXCELLENT product. Good luck !!!

Sorry this happened. Send an e-mail to cclsupport@carnival.com attention Mischelle. Also go to the Carnival Facebook page and post this there. Mischelle or Mary will get back to you and they can fix almost anything. Good luck!

I don't know if you have been able to find anyone to help you yet. but I do believe this is the best path to follow. I'm sorry Carnival has created such a mess for you and I hope everything gets solved to your satisfaction.

If they'd do this to a platinum level cruiser... What would a 1st time cruiser do if this happened?

I'm pretty sure it would make no difference. Which is a good thing and a bad thing in situation. Anybody ought to be able to get such a problem fixed quickly and easily.

Surferjoe the Colonial Hilton is nice. You will enjoy it. Sorry this happened to you but no you didn't do a single thing wrong. The vast majority of posters on here get it.

Enjoy your trip and your Oceanview room! Forget everything else. I love Carnival but there are times when they flat out screw up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't know how others have or will handle a similar circumstance but I KNOW That I wouldn't get off of the phone on an upgrade call until I have received and verified by an email confirmation all of the ins and outs of said upgrade. That means an itemized list of all related incidentals such as excursions, cheers, fun shop purchases, etc. Regardless of anything the consumer is the one responsible to make sure they have written verification of all transactions...and you don't wait until after the fact to put all of your ducks in a row.

It's my money, my trip and my responsibility to insure everything is copacetic. I am sorry the OP fell into the "I'm too busy to verify all this stuff right now" trap....that's their issue (rightly or wrongly) and none of our sympathy or empathy can make the situation whole again nor are any of the "issues" (booking of a handicap room) a legitimate part of the scenario.

Hopefully this is a good learning experience for others and we will all be more diligent in the future when "changes" to our bookings are made.

I don't know how others have or will handle a similar circumstance but I KNOW That I wouldn't get off of the phone on an upgrade call until I have received and verified by an email confirmation all of the ins and outs of said upgrade. That means an itemized list of all related incidentals such as excursions, cheers, fun shop purchases, etc. Regardless of anything the consumer is the one responsible to make sure they have written verification of all transactions...and you don't wait until after the fact to put all of your ducks in a row.

It's my money, my trip and my responsibility to insure everything is copacetic. I am sorry the OP fell into the "I'm too busy to verify all this stuff right now" trap....that's their issue (rightly or wrongly) and none of our sympathy or empathy can make the situation whole again nor are any of the "issues" (booking of a handicap room) a legitimate part of the scenario.

Hopefully this is a good learning experience for others and we will all be more diligent in the future when "changes" to our bookings are made.

if it happened that fast, i don't think there is anything he could have done. the booking change (email) comes very quickly. it sounds like his booking was cancelled and another booking was created (on purpose) instead of just changing the room. i'm thinking more of someone not knowing what they're doing. if you can cancel someone's cruise at ONE touch of a button, with no on-screen confirmation, that's a problem.

if it happened that fast, i don't think there is anything he could have done. the booking change (email) comes very quickly. it sounds like his booking was cancelled and another booking was created (on purpose) instead of just changing the room. i'm thinking more of someone not knowing what they're doing. if you can cancel someone's cruise at ONE touch of a button, with no on-screen confirmation, that's a problem.

I thought the OP said that they said OK change my booking and then terminated the call only to find out later that the booking had been cancelled. I still feel if you are on the phone with "any" company that is making changes to something you have already paid for you don't hang-up until you have written confirmation of the changes that "satisfy" you including a confirmation of everything transferred from the original booking.

When Carnival calls or you call them you are usually dealing with a "call center" and it is imperative as the consumer that you make sure YOU dot your i's and cross your t's while on the phone. Also, you should be getting the name of the person you are talking to, their ID number and a call-back extension in case the call is dropped mid-way through the transaction. And don't agree to anything until you have written verification.

Many of US (and that includes me) can be way to trusting during these types of calls...and that isn't, in my humble opinion, the way they should be handled. No malice intended toward the OP and I totally understand their frustration...but.

As consumers WE need to be responsible for any transactions done in our name. That is, or at least should be, OUR primary responsibility.

The OP also said he was at work. And I'm sorry but at what point should he have anticipated that something like this might happen and miss even more time from a work meeting to sit around and wait for emails?!

Sometimes mistakes do happen. It sounds like he understood that. But fix it. Not him. Carnival. I feel like while he's being reminded of how diligent and thorough he should have been, where is the finger shaking at Carnival - who initiated the call and had all of his money? Sometimes Carnival can be dead wrong and there's no way to spin it around. All of us trust Carnival with our bookings. We pay them money. They have all types of confidential information. So I don't get when they mess up, we then shouldn't have trusted them so much.:rolleyes:

Similar to what someone else said, but my favorite line when someone in customer service can't help me...

"Can you please give me the name of your supervisor?... Thanks, I would like to talk to their boss."

More times than not, the Rep's suddenly have the ability to correct the issue.

Good luck

-F-