Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

We'll be sailing with you! I'm packing right now.

I got that message, but still plan to get to the port between 10:30-11am. We are driving there from Long Island and would rather get there and wait, otherwise I will be anxious all morning.

See you onboard!

Donna...we will be driving in for our trip in July. Eastern Long Island. Would love to hear what time you left and how the trip was so I can better plan our departure. We have a 1030 am boarding as well. ( see you at check in dedosr)

Lisa

Donna...we will be driving in for our trip in July. Eastern Long Island. Would love to hear what time you left and how the trip was so I can better plan our departure. We have a 1030 am boarding as well. ( see you at check in dedosr)

Lisa

We live in Massapequa, and it's about an hour to the port from here. Usually leave around 9am, just after rush hour. We take the Southern State to the Belt, over the Verazzano. (We usually take Rt 440 north over the Bayonne Bridge up to the port, but the bridge is closed for construction) Then, over the Goethals to the NJ tpke north to exit 14A, over the Newark Bay extension bridge - after the tolls we follow the signs to Rt 440 south to the cruise port. This detour adds about 20 minutes to the trip.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.:)

I will definitely be following along as we'll be on Anthem this June 30th.

I'll also be looking at you guys pulling into beautiful Bermuda on the webcam. I'll be interested to see her navigate into port for the first time.

Can't wait to read your review and see your pics. Especially, the Spa Jr Suite and Coastal Kitchen.

We were lucky enough to have been able to try CK on the Quantum as a perk for 1st bookings. But now on Anthem i'm going to have to try and hitch a ride with a suite guest or Pinnacle member LOL It was delicious and a very pretty venue.

Have a great time!

BON VOYAGE:D

Liz:)

We live in Massapequa, and it's about an hour to the port from here. Usually leave around 9am, just after rush hour. We take the Southern State to the Belt, over the Verazzano. (We usually take Rt 440 north over the Bayonne Bridge up to the port, but the bridge is closed for construction) Then, over the Goethals to the NJ tpke north to exit 14A, over the Newark Bay extension bridge - after the tolls we follow the signs to Rt 440 south to the cruise port. This detour adds about 20 minutes to the trip.

Early on a Saturday morning the Brooklyn Battery tunnel and Lincoln tunnel might be an option. If you want to save a toll try the the Brooklyn Bridge or the Manhattan Bridge.

I belive the Coast Guard inspects 3 or 4 times a year.

Enjoy Anthem and Bermuda! And be sure to be up early Monday morning to witness the maiden arrival

Early on a Saturday morning the Brooklyn Battery tunnel and Lincoln tunnel might be an option. If you want to save a toll try the the Brooklyn Bridge or the Manhattan Bridge.

I belive the Coast Guard inspects 3 or 4 times a year.

Enjoy Anthem and Bermuda! And be sure to be up early Monday morning to witness the maiden arrival

Thanks for the tips! I am actually pre-booked to be on North Star as we are arriving into King's Wharf so I will definitely be up! :)

Thank you, Donna! My Dh grew up in Massapequa! We have add about an hour to our trip as it takes us almost 20 min just to get the LIE or even more to the N State. The S State is even more annoying to get to as we are so far North. We can actually stay North and use the GW which may avoid the Bayonne Bridge. Depends what time we actually get rolling.

Lisa

Edited by mom2mnem

I'll be following along, too. I'm still suffering from PCD, having just debarked Anthem on April 8, after 12 days. Contrary to popular belief, 12 days is not long enough!

Looking forward to more!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the tips! I am actually pre-booked to be on North Star as we are arriving into King's Wharf so I will definitely be up! :)

Reading your reply I realized I said Lincoln Tunnel when I meant Holland Tunnel.

Rode North Star last month as we left Coco Cay the view should be great, will probably be able to see better than half the island.

1200509076_CocoResize1.jpg.2fbbffd44d1b11e8a1ccbeff23ae41e5.jpg

2036543385_CocoResize2.jpg.014b58baf4539d675d0a9ff6ec67d900.jpg

749501630_CocoResize3.jpg.5fd6330e6b3b2490831a705586e9c45d.jpg

I'm looking forward to hearing about this. I intentionally booked Northstar for 4:30 as we leave Bermuda.

Cruising along the coast of Bermuda with all of those pastel houses and buildings is one of the most beautiful sail-by's that I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app