caribbean princess- How do I know the location of the bed??

dimiegirl

Hello, I was hoping someone would be able to help me. We really much prefer the bed next to the balcony as opposed to next to the bathroom. There are a few rooms left in the location we are looking for but I wanted to make sure the bed was next to the balcony. Is there anyway to figure it out? I very much appreciate your help. Thank you!:)

AFIK Princess never puts a bed near the bathroom. Princess ships typically have a nice large closet area around the bathroom and a wall separating it from the rest of the cabin. Beds in balcony cabins are usually centered in the main room against the wall.

Hello, I was hoping someone would be able to help me. We really much prefer the bed next to the balcony as opposed to next to the bathroom. There are a few rooms left in the location we are looking for but I wanted to make sure the bed was next to the balcony. Is there anyway to figure it out? I very much appreciate your help. Thank you!:)

Hi...simply log on to Princess.com, click on the ship your planning to cruise on and click on the link, deck plans. From there you can access the decks and the location of the cabins, click on the cabin and a layout of that cabin will pop up!

Click on the link below

http://www.princess.com/images/global/book/ships/cb/category/BE/cb_be_balcony_diagram_lrg.jpg

Edited by ramrax4

As others have said Princess balcony rooms have one layout. All beds are between the walk-in closet and the desk. They are nicely laid out and spacious. Standard balcony rooms do not have a sofa/love-seat.

The only issue I have with ANY rooms on Pricess are their incredibly small showers with fixed shower heads. I call them "showerettes" because they are so tiny. If they added handheld showers on all ships (Royal and Regal do have them) it would help immensely :D

A related issue.

One cruise our head pointed towards the bow. Mostly it's been the other way. Any way to check this.

Honestly no, unless you call princess and discuss it.We find the layouts for interior cabins totally confusing, its as if they use the same layout for all interiors,on web-site, which is not true. We have a vision of our interiors and the clue we use is the square mtrs quoted. Dawn interior,135 sqs,right we know that one, golden 160 sqs,so we presume that the graphic pic we pull up is correct. We have only ever stayed once in a window view, down graded with heaps of obc,from a balcony room that was terrible,4 fixed bunk-beds.But that's another story, and one why we wont go guarantee. Totally aspire to a suite one day, oh one day.:):)

Edited by mrs and mrs

And one ship (may not have been Princess though not 100% sure which cruise our feet faced the balcony, so we were across the cabin.

It is actually a big issue for Mrs Gut as she has a neurological condition and her head facing the bow can be a trigger.

And one ship (may not have been Princess though not 100% sure which cruise our feet faced the balcony, so we were across the cabin.

It is actually a big issue for Mrs Gut as she has a neurological condition and her head facing the bow can be a trigger.

Understand that fully,i suppose for want of a better word,a centrifugal issue,so imagine a brain, we are used to being rocked from side to side (across-ways).Now start tipping that brain forward and aft,(awful).I hate it my nose blocks and i feel like im choking and get an amazing head-ache.Like sleeping with your feet above your head.We stand on our feet,not our heads and having your feet constantly rising and falling above your head,no matter how slight,can be disconcerting.:)Thats why i cant do roller coasters or rides similar and i bet she never has been able to as well.

Understand that fully,i suppose for want of a better word,a centrifugal issue,so imagine a brain, we are used to being rocked from side to side (across-ways).Now start tipping that brain forward and aft,(awful).I hate it my nose blocks and i feel like im choking and get an amazing head-ache.Like sleeping with your feet above your head.We stand on our feet,not our heads and having your feet constantly rising and falling above your head,no matter how slight,can be disconcerting.:)Thats why i cant do roller coasters or rides similar and i bet she never has been able to as well.

She was fine with them till she developed this condition. Now we need to be so particular about cabin location it's almost funny.

Last cruise we spent an hour in a cabin towards the back of the ship visiting some friends we made (yep I do so have friends, just not many) and we had to excuse ourselves. Another respason it's balcony all the way for us.

Plus no flying, I guess we're lucky we love cruising so much.

We are shocked you have friends,never,couldnt be.Ha ha so do we,but we have learnt not to do the roll-call thing,way to clique for us,we just meet people we gel to,are courteous to most.And downright cold to the remaining few.But theres one thing we are and that is straight down the line,and honest and expect nothing less.Its quite interesting to watch these groups disintegrate after a week or so as human nature kicks in,a lot of times the tortoise wins the race and is more satisfied

Edited by mrs and mrs

We do roll calls (sometimes) meet and greets (sometimes) have made a few friends, if we meet people we don't like we just move on.

But we're probably lucky each of us is genuinely cruising not only with the love of our life, but our best friend.

Anyway, probably off topic and get roused on....

So I wish they'd (all lines) let us know how the beds are oriented.

A related issue.

One cruise our head pointed towards the bow. Mostly it's been the other way. Any way to check this.

Yes, but it requires a bit of thinking.

All cabins are in pairs with toilets backing onto the same wall and with a shared service panel in the corridor.

The trick to working it out is that all corridors have a bend, normally where the cabin grades change.

Because of this it can be worked out from the deck plan as follows:

1. Find the bend in the corridor nearest to your cabin, or then end of a block of cabins, and note that the first two cabins will have their beds and toilets back to back (i.e. more forward one has bed and toilet on aft wall and bed faces forward and more aft one has bed and toilet on forward wall and bed faces aft.

2. This is then repeated in pairs along the corridor, with the fore and aft facing beds alternating, and it is simply a matter of working along the corridor in pairs until you get to your cabin when you will be able to work out if it is the more aft or more forward of a pair.

Worked for me every time so far.

Edited by Corfe Mixture
added word shared to emphasise why the toilets back onto the same wall

Oops forgot to say that on Coral and Island, at the middle of D deck, the two suites back onto each other and not onto the balcony cabin between them and the bend (ie D421 backs onto D423 and not D419 and the bed in D421 faces forward)

Yes, but it requires a bit of thinking.

All cabins are in pairs with toilets backing onto the same wall and with a shared service panel in the corridor.

The trick to working it out is that all corridors have a bend, normally where the cabin grades change.

Because of this it can be worked out from the deck plan as follows:

1. Find the bend in the corridor nearest to your cabin, or then end of a block of cabins, and note that the first two cabins will have their beds and toilets back to back (i.e. more forward one has bed and toilet on aft wall and bed faces forward and more aft one has bed and toilet on forward wall and bed faces aft.

2. This is then repeated in pairs along the corridor, with the fore and aft facing beds alternating, and it is simply a matter of working along the corridor in pairs until you get to your cabin when you will be able to work out if it is the more aft or more forward of a pair.

Worked for me every time so far.

Thanks, not sure I've ever seen a bend in the corridor but I can work out the grades fine, so I'll have a look. Just wish they'd realise that to some people it really does matter and include it in the deck plans.

Thanks,um,i dont get that,our ensuite was next to nothing a corridor and the entrance to cabin,but i am talking interior.Ill try and decify when im copus mentis :):confused::)

Don't think GUT was talking interior as it is my perception that most interiors have the bed facing the entrance, which often means sideways.

Thanks, not sure I've ever seen a bend in the corridor but I can work out the grades fine, so I'll have a look. Just wish they'd realise that to some people it really does matter and include it in the deck plans.

Understand, but generally you can find a reference point where it is obvious what is a pair. By referring to bends in corridors, I was just trying to find an obvious reference point.

Other method would be to find out from your historical records or anyone who has been on board recently of the orientation of almost any cabin on the deck concerned and use this as a starting reference.

Thank you to everyone that answered my question. I really appreciate it. I guess this ship is different than some others we have been on. I know royal and celebrity have some cabins where the bed is next to the balcony. Thanks again:)