What is your favorite part of cruising?

Alaskan Joe

Doing whatever I want to do or not do. Standing on our balcony with my husband watching the ship wake with the breeze on our faces. Not having to cook or clean or having any distractions ex: e-mail, FB ect. Having breakfast delivered to cabin and eating on the balcony or in our room in my PJ's. and a host of other things.:)

We usually sail from Southampton in the uk, always go down the day before and stay at the Holiday Inn . We love to see the ship come in knowing that in a few hours we will be on it. Tbh we like it all.

Unfortunately we are having to wait until September [emoji16]

Including all of the waiting: waiting for the cruise date to get here, waiting at the hotel the night before, waiting in line to check in (I also enjoy interacting with the person doing the check-in), and waiting in the line as we actually board. My anticipation builds until I want to pop! I feel like a little girl anticipating Christmas.

We enjoy all the activities involved with waiting because it's all colored with the knowledge that we'll soon be on the ship.

Then it's finally time and we're off on our advdenture.

I just LOVE crusing!

Walking up the gangway....no, my breaking my pre-cruise diet with two slices at Pregos...no, getting to the cabin....no, sail away....no, watching DW with first umbrella drink...no, first dinner in the MDR....no, first sunset...no....well you get the picture; everything.

Although those first two Prego slices are hard to beat for me.

Safe Journeys, Paul

Doing whatever I want to do or not do. Standing on our balcony with my husband watching the ship wake with the breeze on our faces. Not having to cook or clean or having any distractions ex: e-mail, FB ect. Having breakfast delivered to cabin and eating on the balcony or in our room in my PJ's. and a host of other things.:)

Sounds wonderful, northcalgal. My DH and I will be on our first cruise this coming September for our 43rd anniversary. We will be in an aft suite and your description sounds amazing. It literally made me close my eyes and feel the breeze. :)

Tanks for you for sharing.