1 night cruise suite question

s2c4r5a4p

My DH and I are going on a one day cruise and have a suite booked. What suite benefits will we miss out on since it is such a short cruise. Anyone booked a 1 day suite before? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks Janet

Your also going to miss out on the other 6-10days...LoL Wow a 1 day cruise I would not like that 7 or better only.

Good one Joe!! Were do you go on a one day cruise? :eek: All the trouble getting on and off isn't worth it??

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Good one Joe!! Were do you go on a one day cruise? :eek: All the trouble getting on and off isn't worth it??

Tony

Inclined to agree.

Most Aussies are surprised at the number of 7 day cruises in the USA, for most of us that's a short cruise.

You will miss:

- dinner in a specialty restaurant on the first night

- laundry

- Sabatini's breakfast

- priority tendering

- not sure if they will have priority boarding and disembarkation

You will not get the speciality dinner on the first night (cruises 6 days or longer).

You will not get laundry (need more days to have it returned).

You will not have Sabatini breakfast (unless they have changed this).

Order dinner from the MDR for your cabin. Sure beats the chaos with everyone trying to get in and assigned.

Inclined to agree.

Most Aussies are surprised at the number of 7 day cruises in the USA, for most of us that's a short cruise.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the Aussies get a LOT more vacation days!

Edited by Murphey

My DH and I are going on a one day cruise and have a suite booked. What suite benefits will we miss out on since it is such a short cruise. Anyone booked a 1 day suite before? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks Janet

Hey Janet, I am assuming you are on a cruise between Seattle and Vancouver.

Enjoy your suite. Those naysayers have no idea what they are missing with the overnighters with the wonderful peeps in the pacific northwest. Sailing between two of the most wonderful cities in North America. We do a couple of these each year and you will get priority boarding. Get there early, 10:30 - 11:00. Start enjoying that suite as soon as possible.

Hello everyone thank you so much for the wonderful and helpful advice. This is our first one day and did not know what to expect.

TracieABD- great advice thanks for the detail and quick response

Alaskan Joe-very very funny, it does make you think! We are sailing from Vancouver to Seattle and will be visiting family in Seattle after the cruise.

Lucky TGO and GUT 2407 same answer as above, thanks for your comments

cr8tivl- Thanks for the detail and advice about the MDR

Thanks again everyone, now I know what to expect!!

Janet

If this is the Ruby next Saturday night, I am booked on it (doing the Crown LA-Vancouver leaving today, one night in Vancouver, and then the Ruby back to Seattle) and my TA called me the other day and Princess was offering a suite for $149 over what I had paid for a balcony guarantee. I declined, mostly for the reasons people have said.

You do get the canvas bag given only to suite holders, a nice little card wallet with the Princess logo and a nice metal pen. Oh, and your name on personalized stationary.

Hello everyone thank you so much for the wonderful and helpful advice. This is our first one day and did not know what to expect.

TracieABD- great advice thanks for the detail and quick response

Alaskan Joe-very very funny, it does make you think! We are sailing from Vancouver to Seattle and will be visiting family in Seattle after the cruise.

Lucky TGO and GUT 2407 same answer as above, thanks for your comments

cr8tivl- Thanks for the detail and advice about the MDR

Thanks again everyone, now I know what to expect!!

Janet

Aw, thanks, Janet! Enjoy your cruise and your suite!:)