Need Opinions On Which Cruise To Book

I won a cruise playing bingo on our last trip. DH & I have decided we're going to take our kids who will be 13, 11 & 7. They've never cruised. We're going to have other family going along as well. We have it narrowed down to 2.

-Allure going to Nassau, St Thomas & St Maarten, leaving out of ft lauderdale.

-Liberty going to Roatan, Belize & Cozumel, leaving out of Galveston.

We'd like to do the big ship as we've never done one, but DH & I have been to Nassau 3 times & to St Maarten. We like the itinerary for the Liberty but worry that it's not going to have enough to hold the kids interests. Any of the ports better than the other for families?

So which would you choose?

A few other questions-does the allure have more to do for the kids than the liberty? Are the kids programs better on one vs the other? Can we leave the ship & leave the kids onboard? I'm worried there won't be enough to do.

Thoughts?

Edited by mawsmama

I won a cruise playing bingo on our last trip. DH & I have decided we're going to take our kids who will be 13, 11 & 7. They've never cruised. We're going to have other family going along as well. We have it narrowed down to 2.

We'd like to do the big ship as we've never done one, but DH & I have been to Nassau 3 times & to St Maarten. We like the itinerary for the Liberty but worry that it's not going to have enough to hold the kids interests. Any of the ports better than the other for families?

A few other questions-does the allure have more to do for the kids than the liberty? Are the kids programs better on one vs the other? Can we leave the ship & leave the kids onboard? I'm worried there won't be enough to do.

Thoughts?

Either of these ships will be great....Which port is easier for you to get to and leave from?..That's what you should be considering.

Thoughts?

No question. I would choose Allure - Great ship! The water show is wonderful to watch. Lots of dining options. great pools (and solarium for the adults). Flow rider. Ice Show. Zip line. The bar that goes up and down. Central Park... so many great things to experience and certainly captivate their attention.

No experience with the teen program and youth program.

If it's a free cruise, might as well do Allure. Liberty, from what I've seen, has pretty decent pricing throughout the year.

Liberty was my first cruise, so it holds a special place for me, but I went on Allure and am anxious when I get back, which probably won't be until late 2018. There are plenty of things to enjoy on each ship for teens and kids. That would be my decision.

Personally Allure is just too big for me, I would choose Liberty. We have been on both of her sister ships Freedom and Indy and loved both of them. Plus with the exception of st Maarten I think that western itinerary is better anyways. Congrats on the free cruise!

I've done Allure that route and doing Freedom that route in June. They'll like either one but if it were me (and it kinda is since we are doing the Allure route on Oasis in two weeks) I'd do Allure. Just stay on the boat in Nassau, that's what we are doing. More time to enjoy that amazing ship with fewer crowds. Either way though you'll have a great time. Congrats on the free cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app