Avoiding multiple deposits

I just booked a Royal Caribbean cruise for a GS on Adventure. We have 4 people traveling. The cruise isn't until summer of 2017. Still talking about what we are going to do but wanted to lock in price. The rep told me I can put just one person on the reservation and pay one $250. deposit. This will lock in my price and when I add people later that I will still have the 4 person price she quoted me today even if prices go up.

Has anyone else been successful doing this? I'd be very disappointed if this is the trip we decide to take and I call to finalize and end up with a different price.

I just booked a Royal Caribbean cruise for a GS on Adventure. We have 4 people traveling. The cruise isn't until summer of 2017. Still talking about what we are going to do but wanted to lock in price. The rep told me I can put just one person on the reservation and pay one $250. deposit. This will lock in my price and when I add people later that I will still have the 4 person price she quoted me today even if prices go up.

Has anyone else been successful doing this? I'd be very disappointed if this is the trip we decide to take and I call to finalize and end up with a different price.

I would not trust what the rep told you. I know you want to avoid paying more deposit, but I think that is the best way to lock in the price for the other potential guests.

I agree with Bob. What they told you might work out but who knows for sure. The deposit is fully refundable for quite some time, I'd put one in for each person if I were you.

It's always a safe bet to agree with Bob...... :)

Edited by bouhunter

Add another DON'T DO THAT.

Just cough up the $1000 if you want that GS and you want to have four people in it.

Wouldn't you just hate to be kicking yourself later?

Discretion is the better part of valor. (or valour, if you are Canadian ;) )

We booked an Owner's Suite on the Enchantment a year out for 3 people. The deposit was supposed to be $750.00. We did not want to pay this so we just reserved the suite with one person and paid $250.00, as suggested by the Rep assisting us. We added the other people to the reservation months later with no problem or change in price.

The only caveat is that we booked the cruise at the Next Cruise desk on the ship. I don't know if we got the going deal or the C&A rates.