It's The Thought That Counts

Toby459

Latitude Rewards are designed to reward Norwegian cruisers for their repeated patronage. For several cruises now, first as a Gold Member and more recently as a Platinum Member, I have received invitations to attend a party designed for Gold and Platinum. The party has consisted of a premade cocktail, a glass of beer/wine or a soft drink and an appetizer snack. I would imagine given the buying power that Norwegian has that this party costs them between $1.00 - $1.25 a person. Not a bad investment when you can get 200 persons in a room, THANK them for their patronage, give a few onboard gifts and tell them about upcoming cruises.

In the near future, I will cruise on the Epic where I understand there is no such recognition. None on the Epic, on the Spirit, on the Breakaway or the Getaway. I'm guessing Norwegian might say there are too many guests to have such a party. But wouldn't it be possible to have a series of parties so guests hear THANK YOU? Couldn't Norwegian include a drink voucher for the Gold and Platinum Members in place of the party?

Thank You!!

There was still a Gold/Platinum event on Escape. It was at 7 pm on Wednesday. They had wine, beer, Bahama Mama, and trays of passed appies. All of the officers were there. I thought it was a nice event.

There was a fair number of people there but I'm sure it was only a fraction of the gold/platinum passengers. Perhaps the UBP eliminated many people's motivation to attend.

Especially on the larger ships, if there are too many gold and platinum members for one party, NCL should follow Carnival's lead and hold smaller separate parties (one for just gold and one for platinum) on different days with no guests allowed unless they are truly that level. Parties are smaller and held in one of the smaller lounges and you can actually meet people in attendance and the level of food provided is better. Officers and staff do their presentations which you can hear what they are saying. Invites delivered to your cabin and are in your name only and are collected at the door to be entered into a drawing.

MARAPRINCE

As someone else said, they do have Gold/Platinum parties on the larger ships. I think they do away with the all levels gathering on those ships as there just isn't a venue large enough. When I went on Breakaway in Feb I believe the party was on Thursday evening in Fat Cats. There was wine, beer and the waiters would get drinks from the bar. It was in the evening so there were passed hors-d'oeuvres. We actually left dinner to attend and then went back for dessert & coffee. Also there wasn't really a sales pitch beyond introducing the cruise consultants and officers. Like this event so much better.

Edited by khaide612

Just to clarify - the "Members Only Cocktail Party" that they do not have on the larger ships is the one they would have in the middle of the afternoon in like the Spinnaker with the presentations and prize"s. The Gold/Platinum is the "Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Ship Officers".

All of the ships still do the Gold/Platinum get together. Also, they will get you any drink you want from the bar, not just the pre made rum punch. And we've never had any kind of sale pitch at one of these.

I heard they didn't have one on the bigger ships, but we had one on the Getaway last summer. It was sometime during the middle of the week at Spice H2O (I think) - we've sailed 3 times as Platinum and never had our names listed on the monitors where they roll the names (not a huge deal, but a bit disappointing - and it doesn't cost NCL a thing)

Edited by Tricialy

None on the Epic, on the Spirit, on the Breakaway or the Getaway.
I think you mean the Escape, not the Spirit. Anyway, as a Gold and then Platinum member on the smaller ships, you should be used to receiving two invitations. One for the general Latitudes party (which is the one with the passed hors d'œuvres and the prize drawings), and one for the "Exclusive Gathering with Ship Officers" (the one with cheese and crackers and that's about it). You will still get this second invitation on the Epic.
we've sailed 3 times as Platinum and never had our names listed on the monitors where they roll the names (not a huge deal, but a bit disappointing - and it doesn't cost NCL a thing)
We've never seen our names come up either. It reminds me of those screens at the airport where they display the people getting upgrades on that flight (our names never pop up there, either :p).

I hardly go to those parties, I rather enjoy myself at the pool or doing something else, the last time i did go it was a lot of complaining from people saying there were too many Platinum on board :(.

I only saw my name on that board once, maybe just maybe the reason some people don't see their names on it is because people complain that they don't want their names on it. Who knows.....:D

I saw all our names on the board on the Escape....but if you are expecting to see your whole party of platinum/golds on the same screen - you won't. They are listed alphabetically by number of points...so I showed up before my DH and DS that do not have as many points as I do. They were also on different screens since DH is Platinum and only about 10 points behind me and DS was gold when we were on the Escape for the TransAtlantic.

Edited by peg013

We are Silver and 1 point away from Gold. Our next NCL cruise is a B2B from Barcelona at Christmas. My question is "Will our status be upgraded from Silver to Gold for the second of the B2B cruises.

Glyn

We are Silver and 1 point away from Gold. Our next NCL cruise is a B2B from Barcelona at Christmas. My question is "Will our status be upgraded from Silver to Gold for the second of the B2B cruises.

Glyn

I have a similar question, we are 2 points away from gold, will we revive gold status when i check in for my next cruise being that i week technically be good on the second day?

Glyn

Yes. If your cruise has been booked as two separate trips then your latitudes level will change after your first cruise. You can speak to the future cruise consultant and they can make sure any benefits are applied to the second leg and that your key card notes your new level.

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In addition to the member receptions, there used to be other ways for NCL to recognize Latitude members - like the airline's FF ... with personalized luggage tags upon reaching different tiers. Remember these from the old days - maybe NCL can do this ;) if they are discontinuing them once the current inventory run out :rolleyes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/Travel%20Gadgets/IMG20150224A.jpg

The ship pins are going away soon, per other thread posted. Now, that's good for eBay for those with "extra" pins ... another way to get some if missing. Speaking of which, we are missing our pins from one ship - NCL had stopped it briefly a few years ago or at least not giving them out (changed to the new design now seen on the *Away ships ??) Going to email the Latitude desk & see if they can & will mail us ours.

Nowadays, nobody seemed excited about the Latitude member onboard discount for photos, gift shops & other services like spa ... if I am not mistaken, they are still being offered ... some of it useless to us. Will see what's up lately when we sail in under 20 days ...

Edited by mking8288

In addition to the member receptions, there used to be other ways for NCL to recognize Latitude members - like the airline's FF ... with personalized luggage tags upon reaching different tiers. Remember these from the old days - maybe NCL can do this ;) if they are discontinuing them once the current inventory run out :rolleyes:

Nowadays, nobody seemed excited about the Latitude member onboard discount for photos, gift shops & other services like spa ... if I am not mistaken, they are still being offered ... some of it useless to us. Will see what's up lately when we sail in under 20 days ...

I still have those old luggage tags attached to my luggage. :)

They diluted the onboard discounts.....you can only get a discount for NCL branded items now and only once each cruise for example.

According to the Latitude Rewards the Party is "Not available on Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway or Norwegian Getaway". I had heard before that it was because these ships did not have a venue large enough to cater to these parties.

I have a similar question, we are 2 points away from gold, will we revive gold status when i check in for my next cruise being that i week technically be good on the second day?

You have to complete the cruise to get the next level recognition. So you won't receive gold status when you check in for the cruise during which you actually get the points to turn gold.

And I agree the benefits have gotten diluted a lot.

Edited by mizLORInj

Yes. If your cruise has been booked as two separate trips then your latitudes level will change after your first cruise. You can speak to the future cruise consultant and they can make sure any benefits are applied to the second leg and that your key card notes your new level.

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks Rochelle

We booked both these cruises more than 9 months out so its double points which will put us on Platinum when we have completed both cruises.

Glyn

DH and I have been on two NCL cruises. The first one we got 7 points, the second 14 points. When I log into My NCL, it says we are in the Silver tier. Shouldn't we technically still be in Bronze (21 pts)?
Per the FAQ, Silver is at 20 points, so I think you are properly in Silver.

I am the same way, two NCL cruises, 7 for the first, 14 for the second, listing me in Silver.

The ship pins are going away soon, per other thread posted. Now, that's good for eBay for those with "extra" pins ... another way to get some if missing. Speaking of which, we are missing our pins from one ship - NCL had stopped it briefly a few years ago or at least not giving them out (changed to the new design now seen on the *Away ships ??) Going to email the Latitude desk & see if they can & will mail us ours.

Luggage Tags seem a nice way to reward loyalty. My luggage still carries a Continental Airlines luggage tag .. my choice of a US air carrier. (Well, you see where that got me.) I'd prefer the luggage tags to the world atlas that I received for reaching the first goal (250). But, I won't complain .... it is nice to hear Thanks.

I hope you come back after your cruise and post anything that you have learned. Have a good one.

Whatever your individual situation is then the only authoritative answer you will get is by talking to the Future Cruise staff on-board. I am sure that, if they can, they will make sure that a level change takes place in the middle of a B2B cruise.

Mike

We just sailed the Breakaway and we were invited to a cocktail party. However, it was at 7:30pm, so we would have had to schedule dinner much earlier, or go to the later show. It was at an inconvenient time, especially when traveling with another couple at a lower level, so we ended up forgetting all about it!:eek:

We just sailed the Breakaway and we were invited to a cocktail party. However, it was at 7:30pm, so we would have had to schedule dinner much earlier, or go to the later show. It was at an inconvenient time, especially when traveling with another couple at a lower level, so we ended up forgetting all about it!:eek:

yes, sometimes those parties are at inconvenient times:(