20% Drink Special - My math isn't working?

They definitely have math issues on the site.

When it comes to internet (30% off), they have the price right for 1, 3, and 4 devices, but the 2 devices is way off. With the way they have it set up, it's cheaper to do 2x 1 device than 1x 2 devices. The 3 devices is only $9 more than 2 devices for a 7 day cruise (with the incorrect math).

Yes, this is really frustrating. I have the 2x 1 device package currently booked, but I check every day to see if the price on the 2 device package is fixed so I can switch. I don't really care enough to get on the phone and try to get the correct price that way.

The good news is I did manage to the drink package at 20% off before the "price increase" so at least that worked out!

I had the exact same issue and they issued me an OBC as well but I kept her on the phone until I received the confirmation email.

Hope you received one.

I got a confirmation email of the packages I purchased but the email did not mention the OBC. I am going to have to call them back and ask them to look up what credit I have.

So if the $44 Premium Beverage Package Special offer represents a 20% discount, it means that they are increasing the Premium Beverage Package price to $55. ($55 - 20% = $44)

Too bad they can't just come out and say that.

They are doing the similar thing with Voom in that they are offering it at a 30% discount.

If $22.99 represents a 30% discount for the VOOM SURF + STREAM Voyage Package - 2 Devices, it means that they plan on increasing that price to $32.75 per day.

Just a data point. I am sailing on Oasis on September 3, 2016. I looked earlier today, and the price for the premium package was $49 per day and there was no sale.

I just looked again, and there is now the "20% off sale" posted. The price for the premium package now is $44 per day. I'm no mathematician, but that most definitely is not 20% off. Rather it is about 10% off.

When you add the premium package to your cart the total price comes to $363.44, which is $308 ($44 per day x 7 days) + 18% gratuity.

If it was really 20% off it'd be 49 x .8 x 7 x 1.18 = 323.79

Very dishonest and misleading of RCCL to advertise 20% off when it is really about 10% off. Is it worth calling to try and get the price down to $323.79? Has anyone had luck doing that?

Funnily enough, two days ago Premium was showing up in my cruise as $39, plus grats. It's now $44 plus grats. Think they're sneaking a price increase.

Just a data point. I am sailing on Oasis on September 3, 2016. I looked earlier today, and the price for the premium package was $49 per day and there was no sale.

I just looked again, and there is now the "20% off sale" posted. The price for the premium package now is $44 per day. I'm no mathematician, but that most definitely is not 20% off. Rather it is about 10% off.

When you add the premium package to your cart the total price comes to $363.44, which is $308 ($44 per day x 7 days) + 18% gratuity.

If it was really 20% off it'd be 49 x .8 x 7 x 1.18 = 323.79

Very dishonest and misleading of RCCL to advertise 20% off when it is really about 10% off. Is it worth calling to try and get the price down to $323.79? Has anyone had luck doing that?

I Agree this is shady, same here they offered the same deal and its coming up just like yours, my original price was $49

They definitely have math issues on the site.

When it comes to internet (30% off), they have the price right for 1, 3, and 4 devices, but the 2 devices is way off. With the way they have it set up, it's cheaper to do 2x 1 device than 1x 2 devices. The 3 devices is only $9 more than 2 devices for a 7 day cruise (with the incorrect math).

That's crazy - on mine it has 1 device @ 9.99/day and 2 devices @ 16.99/day - cheaper to buy the 2 device by $3/day.

My premium drink package had been $59/day - now "20%" off is $49/day - $10/day x 2 =$140 - while NOT 20% I'll take it.

Same thing just happened to me. Woke up today to check pricing for my upcoming September cruise on Oasis and the drink package was on sale "20%" off . Less than 12 hours ago it was 49$ without sale and now with "20%" off its 44$ I called RCCL and even talked to a supervisor and got no where. I accused RCCL of playing games and that maybe they get some people who are new to crusing but frequent cruisers are not stupid and it was totally not cool. I don't know why I wasted my time. He told me prices are subject to change and I told him to raise them conviently for a sale is bait and switch .He noted that I was unhappy and blah blah nothing. So I will wait for the cruise to see if pricing is different I will not pre purchase .im getting tired of the pricing games! UGH

Same thing just happened to me. Woke up today to check pricing for my upcoming September cruise on Oasis and the drink package was on sale "20%" off . Less than 12 hours ago it was 49$ without sale and now with "20%" off its 44$ I called RCCL and even talked to a supervisor and got no where. I accused RCCL of playing games and that maybe they get some people who are new to crusing but frequent cruisers are not stupid and it was totally not cool. I don't know why I wasted my time. He told me prices are subject to change and I told him to raise them conviently for a sale is bait and switch .He noted that I was unhappy and blah blah nothing. So I will wait for the cruise to see if pricing is different I will not pre purchase .im getting tired of the pricing games! UGH

Was the $49 including the 18% grat

You can still pull up the PDF on there website and it is listed at $49 regular price, that is the ammunition i'm going in with!

TG

My friend was told yesterday they wouldn't honor the price on the website. Uggghhhhh!!!!!!

All of these complaints need to be posted on RCL's FB page - they monitor that much closer than this one here. Enough people publicly calling them out about this deceptive practice would have more of an impact than it does here.

All of these complaints need to be posted on RCL's FB page - they monitor that much closer than this one here. Enough people publicly calling them out about this deceptive practice would have more of an impact than it does here.

Great idea, they do seem senstive to that page.

I had the exact same issue and they issued me an OBC as well but I kept her on the phone until I received the confirmation email.

Hope you received one.

Ok, was able to confirm they put $156.00 in my OBC account like promised. between that, the $200 OBC I got from RCI for booking and an additonal $200 OBC from my Travel Agent, I am feeling pretty good about this cruise now. I probably will use it to cover specialty dining and gratuities. I just wish it would not be so hard to get something like this taken care of.

How were you able to talk them into OBC? They basically told me I was S...t out of luck. Even after 20 minutes of going back and forth!!!

Only it took longer than 20 minutes to get that response...

I figured it is because I am only a low level Emerald!

Thank you for the idea. I just did. There was one other post there about this. We need more people. Social Media is the WAY to go!!!! Everybody please post your dissatisfaction about this on their FB page.

Thank you for the idea. I just did. There was one other post there about this. We need more people. Social Media is the WAY to go!!!! Everybody please post your dissatisfaction about this on their FB page.

I looked on the Facebook page I'm not seeing people's comments where can I see these??

How were you able to talk them into OBC? They basically told me I was S...t out of luck. Even after 20 minutes of going back and forth!!!

I finally got through to a supervisor. I explained that other people got the package at 20 percent off the advertised price and paid $310 including tips. I also explained raising your price 20 percent then having a 20 percent off Sale was deceptive and illegal business practices. He then agreed to the OBC because he could not over ride the package price in the computer. I think he just realized that the prices on line didn't make sense.

I Just posted to the FB group:

"I love #RoyalCaribbean, with 9 cruises down and 4 more booked... BUT... I am pretty upset right now with their deceptive pricing practices. Up until now I have always let it go, but today I finally feel the need to let them know (apparently the people working the phones for Royal don't care).

Today it has to do with the drink packages (I will leave out the past issues). I have been looking every single day for the last month, waiting to see if this mythical "20% off" drink package sale actually came to my upcoming July cruise and the $49/day Premium package. And yesterday, it did! I was excited, and added 2 packages to my cart... Only to discover that the "20% off" sale price was listed as $47/day! I'm mo mathematician, but that's not 20% off. Confused, I checked the message boards, and alas, I was not alone. Apparently Royal had pulled this on others as well (but not everyone, which is a large part of my issue!). Some got true 20% off, some got the 3.5% off, some got 10% off... No consistency, no explanation! When I called, I was told "Drink package prices went up" and basically "Tough Luck".

Well, Royal, they DIDN'T go up. I can still book the package for $49/day on my other upcoming cruises... And on your own website, the Premium package is listed at ONE PRICE of $49/day. You have BLATANTLY raised the process of the package nearly 20%, and then advertised it as "20% off". Sure, you have the right to raise prices, and I have the right to not purchase your product (trust me, I'm leaning that way)... But what I am NOT OK WITH IS BEING LIED TO.

This is the kind of deceptive business practice that is, in the end, going to cost you not only your most loyal customers, but also the "newbies" who won't be happy once they finally realize they have been lied to once on the ship!

Royal, make this right, and stop playing games and lying to your customers. Before it is too late, and you don't have any customers left."

I just posted a long comment on there following another poster's comment.

Just booked the ultimate package for my husband for our Oct cruise. Yesterday it was $59 + gratuities now it's $49+ gratuities. Not quite 20% but we still saved almost $85 so I will take it!

I just checked and yes they raised the prices for the 20% off!!! I can look at our Feb Indy cruise and the price is as normal - $57 per day including tips. When I look at our Aug Enchantment it is $55 per day with the tip and the supposedly 20% off!!!!! So basically saving less than $2 per day. That is NOT 20% OFF!!!