Vista Havana area enforcement

nunuc2000

We were given white wrist bands on the Breeze in June. We also had to give them our S&S card while we were inside and when we left they gave us back our card.

We had to do that too last April on the breeze, but not on the Magic last week. they did not require you to turn in S&S card.

Hey Bob... I agree that the access should be connected to the card - I think that would be easier. I'm not keen on the wristband idea for aesthetic reasons, but I also have allergic reactions to a lot of different things on my skin - about the only thing I don't react to is my medic alert bracelet! LOL!

But there are likely lots of folks who won't necessarily care one way or another. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The fires up here in Alberta are quite a ways north of us, so we're safe, but many others are not - it's pretty bad, actually. :( Roughly 80,000 folks displaced right now, and over 2000 homes and structures destroyed so far... with not much relief in sight. The conditions for firestorms are unfortunately perfect right now... high temps and extremely low humidity are expected to continue for at least a few more days. Scary stuff!

Celine

Hey Celine, I didn't know about your allergy sensitivity! But last night while TV surfing, I caught Paul Simon singing his latest song, titled "Wristband".

It's on you tube:

Glad you're not affected by the fires up north of you.

Edited by evandbob

Hey Celine, I didn't know about your allergy sensitivity! But last night while TV surfing, I caught Paul Simon singing his latest song, titled "Wristband".

It's on you tube:

Glad you're not affected by the fires up north of you.

HAHAHAAAA!!! This could totally be the new theme song for the Havana rooms on the Vista! LOL!!

what prevents me from using an wristband from a previous cruise (in the future)? The wristband look generic and kinda plain except for the brown color and black text.

Hopefully your sense of decency would kick in and you wouldn't think of doing that

• 1 month later...
so the Havana bar area is for Havana cabins only?

the aft of the ship is for Havana cabins only?

Just started my research into the Vista

Inside Havana Bar area is open to everyone. All the time.

The Havana pool/outside/aft area is open only to Havana cabin residents until 5pm. After 5pm, it opens up to all Vista guests.

The Havana cabins lanai promenade area is open to Havana guests only.

When I had a Cloud 9 Spa cabin on Splendor last fall, we checked in at the desk, handed in our S&S cards, and were given wristbands. Since the Spa has both open-access and limited-access areas, the wristbands are necessary to identify who should have access to which areas.

If they were to use the S&S cards for access to the Havana pool area, I'm guessing there would be people just sort of milling around the bar, waiting for someone to open the doors using their card, and they'd walk in behind them. Saw it happening in the Family Harbor lounge on Vista (card access). Pretty sure there were people in there eating who didn't have a cabin in that area. If they did, they could've opened the door using their own card!

So, once in the Havana pool area, the wristbands show you've paid for the privilege of being there.

Well, it is very convenient down there on Deck 2. Save people all that energy and effort by not having to push a button and ride the elevator all the way up to Lido to stuff themselves yet again. AND there's an espresso/cappuccino machine in there. AND an ice cream machine!

Have you ever gone to afternoon tea? Honestly, you'd think people hadn't eaten for days the way they scarf down platefuls of finger foods and sweets. :rolleyes:

So, yeah. People on ships will grab food everywhere they see it. And then complain because the foreign minivan seats aren't big enough for their SuperSized behinds. :p

Well, it is very convenient down there on Deck 2. Save people all that energy and effort by not having to push a button and ride the elevator all the way up to Lido to stuff themselves yet again. AND there's an espresso/cappuccino machine in there. AND an ice cream machine!

Have you ever gone to afternoon tea? Honestly, you'd think people hadn't eaten for days the way they scarf down platefuls of finger foods and sweets. :rolleyes:

So, yeah. People on ships will grab food everywhere they see it. And then complain because the foreign minivan seats aren't big enough for their SuperSized behinds. :p

I got my supersized behind before I ever set foot on a cruise ship....

so don't be insulting. (and I've never had time for tea on a ship)

;)

Just for those wanting to know, enforcement was quite strict and only those with a wristband were allowed to be there. The bartender stopped my drink in mid pour to inform someone they can't enter the Havana area without the wristband.

no one is forcing you to pay a bit more an be in the havana club. just like no one's arm is twisted to buy a balcony over a pt cabin.

but if you want to play the poor man, 3rd class steerage waif, we can always get you a shovel and you can start working on that pile of coal. ;)

You sound like Donald Trump.

PS that isnt meant to be a compliment. :D

and the havana inside was only 75 dollars more for my vista cruise than the pt cabin i originally started out with. not much more for a little extra peace and quiet. no one has to splurge to be in the havana club unlike flying first class which usually costs 3 times what coach costs going to europe.

That's Ok, just like no one's arm is twisted to buy first or business over economy.

but if you want to play the poor man, 3rd class steerage waif, we can always get you on fuel duties and you can start working filling her up. :D

I might even tip you if you're a good boy. :p

That's Ok, just like no one's arm is twisted to buy first or business over economy.

but if you want to play the poor man, 3rd class steerage waif, we can always get you on fuel duties and you can start working filling her up. :D

I might even tip you if you're a good boy. :p

no worries. i prefer being cheap and only splurge if it seems worthwhile......like getting the peace and quiet and exclusivity of the havana area for only 75 dollars more per person. i'm very happy with my havana inside cabin and spent half of what my friends across the corridor spent for their havana balcony. can't wait to sail in her.

btw, you know where you can stick your tip, right....;)

if you are being factious, haha. :D

if not, reread you own posts. :rolleyes:

:cool::cool:

Admittedly a bad joke..... but that's all it was.

Down boy. Not all fat chicks are easily upset.

That's just how we roll. ;)

I have to wonder how long it will be before the wristbands start showing up for sale on eBay? (I checked, didn't find any...yet.) They really need to tie it into the card.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

• 2 weeks later...
I have to wonder how long it will be before the wristbands start showing up for sale on eBay? (I checked, didn't find any...yet.) They really need to tie it into the card.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

I am sure each sailing will have different colors. Ebay is not going to do

you any good.