Other attraction worth visiting after the main ones in Barcelona ?

We have a day and a half before we are taking a cruise in July.

We visited before and saw most of the main attraction but the Gothic Quarter by La Rambla sooo .... what else is there to see ?!?!

Ciutadella Park, Castle of Montjuic , Poble Espanyol, Tibidabo Amusement Park ( we have an 11 year old boy ) , Montserrat .... which one of these would you recomend ?!??

Also, need recomandations for some good tapas bars !!!

Thank you in advance for any info and opinions !

We visited before and saw most of the main attraction but the Gothic Quarter by La Rambla sooo .... what else is there to see ?!?!

Ciutadella Park, Castle of Montjuic , Poble Espanyol, Tibidabo Amusement Park ( we have an 11 year old boy ) , Montserrat .... which one of these would you recomend ?!??

If you have seen Sagrada Familia and the main sites (other than Gothic Quarter) then I would recommend going to Monserrat the full day and half day the Gothic Quarter.

Clines Santa is located across the street from the plaza in front of the Cathedral. It is in the building where a large market is located.

We had dinner at small tapas restaurant near the Plaza Sant Just on Palma De Sant Just. That restaurant, Bodega LaPalma, was not modern, but small and rustic. The tapas were excellent, with large servings for very reasonable prices.

Montserrat is a wonderful day trip. The link below provides all the pertinent info:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/montserrat-spain.html

Everything you mentioned is mostly outside, so it depends on the weather (have a backup plan if it's rainy or too hot). I think Tibidabo is the best choice for your son (and not completely uninteresting for the adults). There is a zoo and natural history museum in Ciutadella Park, but I haven't been to either of those. If you choose to go up to Montjuïc, try to do it on the morning before embarkation because you will have a nice view of the port and your ship!

Montserrat is a must-do day trip for adults, but not sure how much fun kids can have there. The hiking on top of the mountain might be good, but keep an eye on your son, because, well, it's on top of a mountain.

Basically I think everything on your list is worth doing, except for Poble Espanyol, which I found kind of sad. (It's probably more meaningful for Spanish people.)

It might have helped if you had enumerated those "main attractions" you have seen...Everyone might have a slightly different list as to what might be included...

For me, the "must sees" are:

1) La Sagrada Familia

2) Park Guell

3) Casa Mila

4) Casa Batllo

5) Las Ramblas

6) The Barri Gotic

7) The old Cathedral

8) Picasso Museum

But, of course, your list may differ...

I wasn't overly thrilled with El Poble Espanyol either--except that we went there for the Flamenco Show at the Tablao de Carmen--which was very good...

A highlight for me--but maybe not for you--was a visit to the recently uncovered Synagogue in the Call section of the Barri Gotic on Carrer Marlet. It's the oldest Synagogue in Western Europe.

For a side trip out of Barcelona, this June, we will be returning to Girona and Figueres (and the Dali Museum)...But that really requires a full day to do it justice.

But, really, my advice to most people visiting Barcelona is to just "take it slow"...Relax and enjoy the city itself...The great architecture, the pleasant small piazzas and outdoor cafes...the food...the meandering streets of the Barri Gotic, the wide promenade of Las Ramblas, the nightlife at the Placa Catalunya. It is a living city, not just a collection of monuments. Take a deep breath. Relax. Enjoy.

Your son will love the maritime museum near the waterfront at the end of La Ramblas. It has a Spanish ship that is full scale that you can walk through . very cool. Lot of interesting exhibits video etc. They have audio guides in English.